CDsSleepingBeauty's 5-7-12 Shipwreck Beach/Ariel's PJ*Nominated-Best Disney Bridals!*

Love all your planning!
The centerpieces are so pretty and will definitely give the beachy, under the sea vibe! Good song choices too!! I picked our ceremony songs but that's it for now, trying to decide still on the rest, I love seeing other people's on here to give me some ideas!!
That ring, so pretty!!! Do you find yourself looking at it all the time?? I frequently get beeped at when the light is green and I'm still sitting there staring!:rotfl:

Your ring is beautiful!! I think's it unique looking too!

(And Tricia..I found myself gazing at my ring too! It's my wedding band now, but I haven't even been engaged a whole year yet so I guess that's okay to still be in awe :love:)

Love all your planning!
The centerpieces are so pretty and will definitely give the beachy, under the sea vibe! Good song choices too!! I picked our ceremony songs but that's it for now, trying to decide still on the rest, I love seeing other people's on here to give me some ideas!!
That ring, so pretty!!! Do you find yourself looking at it all the time?? I frequently get beeped at when the light is green and I'm still sitting there staring!:rotfl:

Thank you!! I can't wait to see what songs you pick! I feel like I look at my ring all the time, too. You would think I had just gotten engaged as often as I do it, but I can't help it. :rotfl:

I went to the bridal shop and picked up my wedding dress today! I absolutely love it!! :goodvibes

I tried on different veils with it and I'm still not sure which one I'm going to get, but I do know I want one that is about fingertip length and has two layers.

I also tried on some headbands and hair clips/barrettes/combs since I knew I didn't want a tiara. I loved the way the hair clips and combs looked with my hair pinned back a little on one side. I plan on wearing my hair down in really loose waves, so it kind of had that Old Hollywood hair look.

So...I haven't been able to get my jewelry yet, but this is exactly what I want. :lovestruc I found the Cinderella necklace and earrings on the "Disney Bridal" website. I don't know how it took me so long to notice these. :laughing:

DN703.jpg

DE705.jpg

omigosh your engagement ring is GORGEOUS! Like, absolutely gorgeous. :lovestruc And great song choices too--- whenever DF and I see that "The Wedding Singer" is on, we HAVE to watch it. (My dad too, actually.) We've probably seen it 50 times!

Now... I WANNA SEE A PIC OF YOU IN YOUR DRESS! You should definitely post some! I bought my veil at AA--- I got the one with the little crystals on the edges, if that means anything to you. I think my advice though is to shop around... sometimes I have a heart attack about the price of it, because they're SO expensive there!

I'm late to join in... but I'll be staying at BWV during your wedding, so I may pass by and stalk :goodvibes

Congrats and welcome!

omigosh your engagement ring is GORGEOUS! Like, absolutely gorgeous. :lovestruc And great song choices too--- whenever DF and I see that "The Wedding Singer" is on, we HAVE to watch it. (My dad too, actually.) We've probably seen it 50 times!

Now... I WANNA SEE A PIC OF YOU IN YOUR DRESS! You should definitely post some! I bought my veil at AA--- I got the one with the little crystals on the edges, if that means anything to you. I think my advice though is to shop around... sometimes I have a heart attack about the price of it, because they're SO expensive there!

Thank you!! :cutie: We love "The Wedding Singer" too, so we had to put that song in there. :laughing:

I want to post some pictures of my dress, but DF uses my laptop a lot and I am so afraid he is going to wind up seeing it before the wedding. I actually didn't even take any pictures of me trying it on yesterday because I don't want to risk it. It's funny...my FFIL asked me today if he could see a picture of me in the dress and I had to tell him I didn't take any yesterday because my DF would somehow wind up coming across them. :laughing:

Your veil sounds beautiful! :cutie: I actually don't have an AA store close to me, so I just looked at the veils they had in the bridal shop I bought my dress from. You're right--the veil prices I've seen are ridiculous! :eek: I plan on getting a double layer veil, so that's going to make it a little more expensive. Hopefully, I'll find something that is still pretty, but not too outrageous in price.

I'm late to join in... but I'll be staying at BWV during your wedding, so I may pass by and stalk :goodvibes

Congrats and welcome!

Thank you! You're not late. :laughing: I've actually been reading your PJ, but haven't been able to get caught up yet. I saw that you are from Kentucky! DF and I are from Kentucky, so it's great to see there's another KY couple getting married at Disney. :goodvibes

That's neat that you'll be down there the same time we are. Feel free to pass by! Even though we want most of our pictures taken at Shipwreck Beach, we are hoping there will be time to walk over to the BW and get pictures taken there as well. :goodvibes

Congrats on your wedding! It's almost here! :cutie:

DF and I booked a MK/HS photo shoot for the day after our wedding. That was one of the first things we did. :laughing: I have wanted to do a MK photo shoot ever since I first heard they existed! :cutie: Since it doesn't cost much more to do a two-park photo shoot, we decided to add HS. I'm so excited!! :goodvibes

We have debated for a while about who to use for our ceremony/reception photography, and have finally decided on DPS for the 6-hour package. We don't feel like paying the extra money for the 8-hour package if we can get plenty of pictures in 6 hours. Since they take "getting ready" photos, I know they won't be there for our whole reception. I'm ok with this as long as we still get plenty of good shots, though. Any thoughts?? :confused3

When we started planning, there was never any question as to what my "something blue" was going to be. DF and I both graduated from the University of Kentucky and are big fans of the Wildcats. I am a HUGE Kentucky basketball fan! :goodvibes So...I knew I had to have a UK garter. :lovestruc I have looked at several different ones and I can't decide between these two.

I found this one on letsdancegarters.com.
13299761369175183_JSFKIPAW_c.jpg

I found this one at wildcatden.com.
wa001.jpg

DF and I booked a MK/HS photo shoot for the day after our wedding. That was one of the first things we did. :laughing: I have wanted to do a MK photo shoot ever since I first heard they existed! :cutie: Since it doesn't cost much more to do a two-park photo shoot, we decided to add HS. I'm so excited!! :goodvibes

We have debated for a while about who to use for our ceremony/reception photography, and have finally decided on DPS for the 6-hour package. We don't feel like paying the extra money for the 8-hour package if we can get plenty of pictures in 6 hours. Since they take "getting ready" photos, I know they won't be there for our whole reception. I'm ok with this as long as we still get plenty of good shots, though. Any thoughts?? :confused3

How exciting! DF I'm sure wouldn't be happy with me trying to take pictures at the crack of dawn so I never really wanted to do an MK shoot, but Andrea's recent pictures on here are to die for. I'm sure yours will be too!! And I'm excited to see HS pics too!

I think because you arent having a lot of guests, the 6 hours will be good for you! We have our photographers for 8, but I am a picture freak and we'll have more guests. I think you made a good choice getting 6 hrs and the MK/HS pictures! :goodvibes

I like the first garter too! :yay:

Yay for doing an MK shoot! It is sooo worth it! And HS will be so exciting too! I can't wait to see pics! As for timing, you should be good with 6 hours but I would just make sure to go over timing with your planner. We had the father/daughter and mother/son dance after dinner and cake cutting late and I don't think 6 hours would have been enough time. But your planner should definitely be able to make everything work!

And I like the first garter better!

How exciting! DF I'm sure wouldn't be happy with me trying to take pictures at the crack of dawn so I never really wanted to do an MK shoot, but Andrea's recent pictures on here are to die for. I'm sure yours will be too!! And I'm excited to see HS pics too!

I think because you arent having a lot of guests, the 6 hours will be good for you! We have our photographers for 8, but I am a picture freak and we'll have more guests. I think you made a good choice getting 6 hrs and the MK/HS pictures! :goodvibes

I like the first garter too! :yay:

Thanks! I do dread being up that early. :eek: I think it will be worth it in the end, at least. :) Andrea's pictures are beautiful! :cutie:

I'm a picture freak, too! :laughing: Hopefully, 6 hours will still be enough time since we're not having that many guests. If we're still worried about it in a few months, we'll probably wind up going with the 8 hour package. :thumbsup2

Yay for doing an MK shoot! It is sooo worth it! And HS will be so exciting too! I can't wait to see pics! As for timing, you should be good with 6 hours but I would just make sure to go over timing with your planner. We had the father/daughter and mother/son dance after dinner and cake cutting late and I don't think 6 hours would have been enough time. But your planner should definitely be able to make everything work!

And I like the first garter better!

Thanks! :) Looking at your MK photo shoot pics has gotten me even more excited! :goodvibes We're having our planning session in December and we'll be sure to talk to our planner about the timing of everything. I definitely want to make sure we have pictures of the dances and cake cutting. We may wind up going with the 8-hour package if it doesn't seem like there's going to be enough time for all of the pictures we want taken.

I really wanted to have wedding-themed coloring books for the kids at our reception, so I ordered these Disney "Wedding Wishes" coloring books a few months ago from walmart.com. I think they are super cute! :cutie: I even ordered an extra one for myself. :rotfl:

wedding-wishes-golden-books-paperback-cover-art.jpg

Oohh I'm glad you booked the MK and HS shoot!!! :cool1: I can't wait to see pictures.

I agree, just do all of your important stuff first thing--- do the father/daughter dance right after the first dance, and you should be good! :)

Also--- I got that coloring book for Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter