CBR reburb official..

Ravenne said:
Yay! I'm so glad it's being done! I wonder when the refurb will be completed? I don't suppose anyone has any idea?

I'm hoping for queen beds too!

I have seen the building permits for Disney. They are very evasive for a reason because of this particular thing where all of the sudden someone sees a post and then someone like your post wants a completion date. I am in the construction management business and with a million different variables, I am sorry but it is very difficult to tell you the exact day and time that the room that you were assigned at check-in suddenly has been refurbished.........

Why set people up for failure.

The rooms in those pics look beautiful. I would love to stay in a room like that. As it is, CB is one of my very least favorite Disney properties as far as rooms go.

the rooms do look nice but looks more like the poly, would prefer more colour as to keep with the feel and look of cbr that we are use to. No matter Im sure cbr will stay in my favorite resort cat., cant wait to be back in 8 more weeks!:goodvibes

The only refurbs that I can remember are the food court in 2002, the main pool area in 2008, and the pirate rooms in 2009. Mind you we've only been staying there since 2008, but there definitely haven't been any refurbs to the standard rooms in that time. :)

The Nemo themed rooms were refurbed around the same time the Main Pool was done, in 2008. It was within a year of the Pirate Theme rooms. Those were completed first, then the Nemo theme was done. If you go to some of the first FAQ threads for CBR you will see some of the old style rooms.

Would love to stay here again. We stayed here way back in the early 90's in a king size bed room. I hope they do put queen beds in too. We just don't stay at any resort or hotel without at least queen beds.

About time CBR got a proper refurb with updated bathroom vanity, tile, etc. the last one was just a soft refurb. I can't see them not putting in Queen beds.
The refurbed rooms at POR & POFQ are very nice, and upscale. I hope CBR rooms come out as nice.

:wizard: Is there any way to know when the refurbs will begin? or the progression of the refurbs (which buildings will be done first, next, etc)?
or when they expect them to be completed?
We plan a visit each summer and were just wondering if we should still plan to book at CBR next summer or start looking for another resort?

It was about time! Looks good with what's there. Only the tv looks akward. Have to understand it's not a completed room!

So exciting! CBR I our favorite resort but, it needs a little sprucing up. Especially the bathrooms!!!!:thumbsup2

any new new????? I was starting to think maybe they are rooms for new Poly DVC??

Scheduled to begin March 2014 and queen beds will be included. No confirmation on whether those pictures mentioned earlier in the thread are an actual reflection of what the rooms will look like.

I hope they get Queen sized beds, CBR is the only Mod we haven't stayed in because of size of beds. :goodvibes

MickeysToonTown Has done a great job providing some info on these refurbs. I wont take the credit by any means.

Dansdad is about right, although MTT said they are scheduled to begin April 2014, will be doing section by section, and including queen beds.

Gottu say my wife and I are pretty stoked about this as well, we love the look of CBR, but do not like the look of the rooms, much prefer POR Mansions, POFQ and CSR rooms. But if the rooms turn out like the pictures suggested earlier, ... we will be booking a stay at CBR :)

Ohhh, if those are indeed what the new CBR rooms will look like, I may give that resort another look for our next trip! Part of the reason we switched over to POR for our trip next month is that I thought the CBR rooms looked very outdated on our last stay.

I agree with another poster that they do look a bit like the Poly. But I think that's a good thing.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter