CBR reburb official..

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneyobessed, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

I have seen the building permits for Disney. They are very evasive for a reason because of this particular thing where all of the sudden someone sees a post and then someone like your post wants a completion date. I am in the construction management business and with a million different variables, I am sorry but it is very difficult to tell you the exact day and time that the room that you were assigned at check-in suddenly has been refurbished.........

Why set people up for failure.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Patience

Patience DIS Veteran

To me, it looks like the refurbed rooms will have a Murphy bed.

4. o0quirkygirl0o

o0quirkygirl0o just a little mischievous

The rooms in those pics look beautiful. I would love to stay in a room like that. As it is, CB is one of my very least favorite Disney properties as far as rooms go.

5. disneyobessed

disneyobessed DIS Veteran

i wonder when they will announce it???

6. boundfordisney

boundfordisney <font color=magenta>I think my finger prints are s

the rooms do look nice but looks more like the poly, would prefer more colour as to keep with the feel and look of cbr that we are use to. No matter Im sure cbr will stay in my favorite resort cat., cant wait to be back in 8 more weeks!:goodvibes

7. mom2taylorandemily

mom2taylorandemily Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney..

The Nemo themed rooms were refurbed around the same time the Main Pool was done, in 2008. It was within a year of the Pirate Theme rooms. Those were completed first, then the Nemo theme was done. If you go to some of the first FAQ threads for CBR you will see some of the old style rooms.

8. edk35

edk35 DIS Veteran

Would love to stay here again. We stayed here way back in the early 90's in a king size bed room. I hope they do put queen beds in too. We just don't stay at any resort or hotel without at least queen beds.

9. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

About time CBR got a proper refurb with updated bathroom vanity, tile, etc. the last one was just a soft refurb. I can't see them not putting in Queen beds.
    The refurbed rooms at POR & POFQ are very nice, and upscale. I hope CBR rooms come out as nice.

10. LAS321

LAS321 When you wish upon a star...

:wizard: Is there any way to know when the refurbs will begin? or the progression of the refurbs (which buildings will be done first, next, etc)?
    or when they expect them to be completed?
    We plan a visit each summer and were just wondering if we should still plan to book at CBR next summer or start looking for another resort?

11. disneyobessed

Any news????

12. puertorican00676

puertorican00676 Earning My Ears

It was about time! Looks good with what's there. Only the tv looks akward. Have to understand it's not a completed room!

13. dislover8943

dislover8943 Mouseketeer

So exciting! CBR I our favorite resort but, it needs a little sprucing up. Especially the bathrooms!!!!:thumbsup2

14. disneyobessed

anyone hear anything new??

15. Disneylvr

Disneylvr <font color=darkorchid>Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addi

Wondering too as we are debating on whether or not to stay at CBR next year or try CSR for the first time.

16. disneyobessed

we are booked at POR for Aug 14 but will change if it is refurb

17. disneyobessed

any new new????? I was starting to think maybe they are rooms for new Poly DVC??

18. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Scheduled to begin March 2014 and queen beds will be included. No confirmation on whether those pictures mentioned earlier in the thread are an actual reflection of what the rooms will look like.

19. SGMCO

SGMCO Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions

I hope they get Queen sized beds, CBR is the only Mod we haven't stayed in because of size of beds. :goodvibes

20. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

MickeysToonTown Has done a great job providing some info on these refurbs. I wont take the credit by any means.

Dansdad is about right, although MTT said they are scheduled to begin April 2014, will be doing section by section, and including queen beds.

Gottu say my wife and I are pretty stoked about this as well, we love the look of CBR, but do not like the look of the rooms, much prefer POR Mansions, POFQ and CSR rooms. But if the rooms turn out like the pictures suggested earlier, ... we will be booking a stay at CBR :)

21. Katelly

Katelly Mouseketeer

Ohhh, if those are indeed what the new CBR rooms will look like, I may give that resort another look for our next trip! Part of the reason we switched over to POR for our trip next month is that I thought the CBR rooms looked very outdated on our last stay.

I agree with another poster that they do look a bit like the Poly. But I think that's a good thing.:thumbsup2