CBR reburb official..

:wizard: Is there any way to know when the refurbs will begin? or the progression of the refurbs (which buildings will be done first, next, etc)?
or when they expect them to be completed?
We plan a visit each summer and were just wondering if we should still plan to book at CBR next summer or start looking for another resort?

I am on another website, where they post the building permits for each project.

They are only required to obtain a permit for an overall renovation and it never lists anything other than the building numbers that fall under the building permit. There is never a scope of work, schedule, nothing.

Like everything else, Disney keeps information close to the vest and only releases it when they are ready......that has always been their plans about everything they do as far as refurbishments or new projects.

The only way you will know what is going on at the time, is if someone happens to be down there and let's everyone know on an official resort thread.

After our May, 2013 trip to the CBR, I wrote a letter to Disney Guest Relations regarding a few of my observations, concerns, etc. I received a telephone call from Disney Guest Relations and we discussed the things in my letter. She also told me that I would be receiving a letter which would include the direct telephone number to a resort manager/supervisor (I forget the exact title and don't have the letter with me.) at the Caribbean Beach Resort.

I received the letter and called the number given to me. It was not a number to the call center but, rather, this person's direct number. She and I also discussed my letter and in the conversation, I asked if they would be getting a room refurb. It was confirmed that the resort would be getting a refurb and that it was slated to begin in April, 2014. She did say that the date could change. But, when I asked if there was a possibility that we would be staying in a new room in the later part of May, 2014, she said that it was a real possibility.

There was a need for me to make a return phone call to this same person and it was then that I asked if the full size beds would be replaced with queens. I was told that they would.

Again, this information was given to me by the resort manager/supervisor and not someone at the call center.

wow, this actually opens up CBR as a possibility for us. We were always turned off by the double beds. Looks like we may check this resort out in the future.

Great news! Since my DH is 6'4'' and I am 5'11' the CBR has never been an option due to the beds! :thumbsup2

I know this thread is older but did anyone ever find out if CBR was actually getting a Murphy bed? We are due to stay at the Poly next year but might switch back to CBR if we can to save some money.

I know this thread is older but did anyone ever find out if CBR was actually getting a Murphy bed? We are due to stay at the Poly next year but might switch back to CBR if we can to save some money.

It's been rumored, but it has not been announced/confirmed yet.

Bigger beds are great! We stayed there a few years ago, and that was one of my criticisms. DH and I are about average to below average sized adults, and we couldn't sleep in those tiny beds. I'm used to an Eastern king sized bed!
Did someone say when the refurb would be complete by? I just found out we are going in mid June 2014, and that is one of the options through the sports travel agent. (My daughter will be playing in a national volleyball tournament at the ESPN Sports Complex - woot woot!):yay:

Did someone say when the refurb would be complete by?

I have not heard of a completion date yet. But if history repeats itself, they will start on one village and fully complete it then move to the next. So you'll have to check as your trip gets closer to see which villages have been completed and then try to request one of them.

Any word if they will be putting queens into the pirate rooms?

I hope so. I really want to book a pirate room but DH and I are big people and will never actually do it until there are queen beds in those rooms.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

Here now at CBR. As a veteran of many many CBR stays I think the rooms are great. I don't particularly care for the bedspreads at POFQ. CBR is still my favorite and our room is in great shape. I will reserve judgment on the new rooms till I see it for myself.

I can't remember, but does anyone know how long the rehab at POR took? Might give a general idea of how long this project may take. Fingers crossed by October most will be complete. After a disastrous last stay at POR I would really like to try out CBR again. Stayed at CBR in 2004 and absolutely loved it!! The only thing that disappointed us was the bed sizes. My 6'4" hubby hates double beds his feet dangle off the end. We had a king size bed then, but now with kids that's not an option anymore.

Someone over on the CBR thread said that they spoke with a CM when they were there recently. They were told that the murphy beds were coming.

POR took a year to refurb. On our August 2011 trip, it was just underway. Then in August 2012, they opened the last refurbished bayou rooms a few days after we left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter