CB or AK for a 1 1/2 Year Old?

Tinker Belle

Earning My Ears
We have a 1 1/2 year old and trying to decide which hotel is better for this age. CB or AK. We love AK but is it worth the money for a 1 1/2 year?

Any suggesions/thoughts.

We chose CBR. I was there in 1991 and loved it. Now we are taking our 18M old. I already bought him some sand toys at the dollar store, but I understand the CBR food court has a pail and shovel with a child's meal.

Also we are hoping to rent one of those water mice and go for a little spin around the CBR lake.

We are having withdrawals from cruises since our son was born. I think the CBR resort will be just the thing to remind us of our carribbean trips. Can't wait.

Have fun whatever you decide.

I would think the CBR. It is all bright colors, nice sandy beaches, boats on the lake, etc.. I thought the AK was kind of dark -- don't get me wrong, I'd love to stay there. You will need your own stroller to get around the resort since you could be a good distance from the main building.

The main building is where you check in. The building that is really important is Old Port Royale. This is where the food court and main pool are located.

I vote for AK. I'm going on the assumption that all the rooms are connected to the lobby/main building and that people aren't walking around the preserve to individual buildings.

With an 18 month old, when you need (cheerios, diapers, milk, socks, stickers) or when they're napping and you need (water, book, beer) and God forbid it's (raining, hot), I'd rather have everything central than take a 10 minute walk.

I've stayed at CBR, and even as a twenty-something I remember the walk to the buses being a bit long...forget it with a loaded stroller.

Have fun!

We stayed at AKL with a 20mo old, 3, and 6yrs this past Feb. Our 20mo old(at the time of the trip) DD loved the animals!! She couldn't wait to open the curtains to see what was out of the window. We liked AKL b/c it was quiet and calm, and we had wanted to try something different. It was our first trip not taking any help with us, and even though we stayed in the parks all day, did EMH, and rode more rides than our previous trips, it was the most relaxing time we have had. We are staying at CBR when we go in Sept for a Grand Gathering trip, there will be 6 kids, that are 7 and under, and think there will be lots to offer all ages there.

DD's first WDW trip was spring a year ago. She was just 2 yo. I thought she and her 4 yo brother would go into orbit over the animals. Thus, we booked 8 nights at AKL. I bet you know where this is going already. She could have cared less about the animals. She enjoyed the pool, but I think she liked the one at CSR during the couple of days we added-on to the end of our trip even more. Since then, we have found that our 3 kids enjoy ALL of the WDW resorts, from the values to the deluxes. My advice: stay where you want to stay. Kids have fun everywhere at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter