Caution: Coca Cola place in Epcot

disneypolybride2008

DIS Veteran
I just came back and my rash is almost gone, but it was red, bumpy, and a little itchy, all thanks to my DH dumping out his Coke sample and it splashing me on the calf and ankle. I didnt have anything to wipe it off with and it didnt feel like much splashed on my leg so i just kept walking. Soon after i noticed about 8 spots getting red and raised up. It stayed red for 2 days after and on the 3rd day the spots got dark like a bruise, today it is about gone. Just thought i would share this unpleasant experience so you could avoid it! And people DRINK this stuff!! :scared1:

I just came back and my rash is almost gone, but it was red, bumpy, and a little itchy, all thanks to my DH dumping out his Coke sample and it splashing me on the calf and ankle. I didnt have anything to wipe it off with and it didnt feel like much splashed on my leg so i just kept walking. Soon after i noticed about 8 spots getting red and raised up. It stayed red for 2 days after and on the 3rd day the spots got dark like a bruise, today it is about gone. Just thought i would share this unpleasant experience so you could avoid it! And people DRINK this stuff!! :scared1:

sounds like a heat rash or local bug. i had some thing simular in 2007 when we went to WDW. i dont think it was from splashing of the cola.

Wow, if Coke did that, imagine what Beverly would've done!

you sure you don't work for pepsi?

I have heard it will do that to non-believers.:cool2:

Pepsi wouldn't do that to your skin, since someone would actually have to buy a Pepsi to spill it :)

One of the great mysteries of this life in my eyes is that some people actually prefer Pepsi to Coke :confused3

OP: What drink did he splash on you? It wasn't COKE. It must've been one of the international samples and perhaps it contained an ingrediant you are allergic too or one that the Florida insect world LIKES.

Odds are it was golfer's vasculitis - heat rash. You don't realize how much heat is reflected up from the pavement to your ankles and calves. I highly doubt the rash was from some sinister soda at Club Cool.

OP: What drink did he splash on you? It wasn't COKE. It must've been one of the international samples and perhaps it contained an ingrediant you are allergic too or one that the Florida insect world LIKES.

Odds are it was golfer's vasculitis - heat rash. You don't realize how much heat is reflected up from the pavement to your ankles and calves. I highly doubt the rash was from some sinister soda at Club Cool.

I think these sound like likely possibilities. Even if it was the drink itself and not bugs or heat rash, it sounds more like it's the OP's husband's fault than a problem with Club Cool. He's the one that spilled the drink on the OP, after all.

disneypolybride2008 - Regardless of the cause, I'm glad that your rash is almost gone!

Wow, if Coke did that, imagine what Beverly would've done!

EXACTLY what I was going to say!

And speaking of Club Station Cool, here's a story:

We've been going for years, and my group of friends has always loved the Japanese Vegibeta (sp?). One of my friends is obsessed with it.

A few years back, I thought I'd try to buy him a case of it for Christmas. Disney, of course, can't or won't sell it. I called a Coke distributor and they told me that they'd never heard of it, and that it probably wasn't sold in the US at all. They told me my only hope would be to go to Japan, or to maybe check a Japanese grocery in New York City. I pretty much gave up.

Then, this year, we actually went to Japan. My friend was psyched and started looking for it immediately. It was nowhere to be found in the endless rows of vending machines that they have (literally, everywhere). We asked a few people, and they'd never heard of it.

We ended up meeting up with a Japanese college buddy who lives outside of Tokyo. He'd also never heard of it, but did some research. Turns out that it was sold in Japan only briefly in the 80's or 90's!!!

What is Disney trying to pull! This is a fraud! (I'm kidding).

But it leads me to wonder about the other brands they sell (Beverly, etc...). Has anyone ever found any of them in their respective countries???

Yes ... it is DH's fault. All his fault ... his fault ... and for me ... that would require we book another trip to WDW. Maybe just to test the theory that it was the coke product ... or maybe you could spill some on him to test it further (on that next booked trip)?

Of course I am teasing ... agree with others - either you were allergic to an ingredient or the sugary stuff attracted a bug or attracted extra scratching. I hope you are better now and still have a good memory of your trip. :thumbsup2 (but remind DH that you MUST be owed another ...)

:laughing:

We ended up meeting up with a Japanese college buddy who lives outside of Tokyo. He'd also never heard of it, but did some research. Turns out that it was sold in Japan only briefly in the 80's or 90's!!!

Awww, that's a shame! I LOVE the Vegibeta also. It's the only one I'll ever drink from Club Cool. I don't like carbonated drinks much, so I appreciate Vegi's sorta smoother, flatter taste. Sad to hear it's actually long gone the way of Crystal Pepsi! :lmao:

I could see that a soda, any soda for that matter, if not promptly wiped cleanly from the skin and then subjected to the heat and direct sunlight (or reflected from the pavement on the lower extremities - there is a term for the rash that comes just from that that is beyond my recollection at the moment) could enhance any sort of irritation effects...

Yes ... it is DH's fault. All his fault ... his fault ... and for me ... that would require we book another trip to WDW. Maybe just to test the theory that it was the coke product ... or maybe you could spill some on him to test it further (on that next booked trip)?

:laughing:

Oh! Good point - I agree completely! OP, you need to go back for research purposes. :rotfl:

But it leads me to wonder about the other brands they sell (Beverly, etc...). Has anyone ever found any of them in their respective countries???

Well, they may have pulled it off the shelves back then, but what about all that syrup left over? Feed it to those foolish guests at Epcot!

I believe Beverly was looked for and not found in Italy - could be the same situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter