Catered Event or Normal Reservation

MrsTigger

<font color=green>DLRP board....guaranteed to make
I'm just trying to get a rough idea of costs, we would be looking at having an Escape Wedding with between 10-5 people. We would stay on site and have ddp but other would probably be offer site. Ideally after the ceremony we would like to have a meal somewhere in one of the resorts but which would work out cheaper. Doing a catered event or just booking a table at some where like Yachtsman's, Citricos, California Grill etc and paying for everyone meal? Thanks

I am doing a catered event because I want a private room with music to do some dances with my guests after my escape ceremony. The food and bev minimum at the two locations I am looking at are $1000 plus tax and service charged with events ending before 5pm.

Usually the cheaper option is to just book at a restaurant and pay for everyone's meal. Unless you end up with 10 people at a place that costs $100/person!

Ah ok, I think in my head a had budgeted around $150 pp for a meal in drinks but looking at the restaurant menus it looked like it would end up being more than that.
Ideally I would like something semi private juat want a meal no dancing etc but don't want to be somewhere it would feel awkward with a small amount of people.

Remember that Escape weddings are almost all during the day, so unless you do the 5pm option, you're only paying for brunch or lunch. There are fewer places open at that time, but most of them will cost you far less than $150/person. And many have semi-private sections and/or are pretty empty during the day. If you have the PassPorter, there's a 6-page chart in the Escape chapter that lists restaurants with private or semi-private options, as well as popular post-wedding spots where you just make a regular reservation. There's also a section with all the pricing for doing a private event like @dp911.

Ok thanks I will look that up, I was wondering with the Chef's domain at Critrcos. I saw there was a minimum of $650 but how close to that are you likely to get with 12people? And will the restaurant talk to you about pricing and menu befoee you even make a reservation?

Yes, you can call or email someone to discuss options before booking the Chef's Domain. The minimum has gone up to $800, unfortunately. You can either order a la carte off the regular menu or do the Chef's tasting menu. There are two versions, one for $165/person and one for $195/person, and both include wine pairings. You would pick either the 5:30pm or 8:30pm seating and book with a credit card.

Yes, you can call or email someone to discuss options before booking the Chef's Domain. The minimum has gone up to $800, unfortunately. You can either order a la carte off the regular menu or do the Chef's tasting menu. There are two versions, one for $165/person and one for $195/person, and both include wine pairings. You would pick either the 5:30pm or 8:30pm seating and book with a credit card.
Ok that's an interesting option then, I quite like the sound of that. Is there anywhere with can see some photos of it, done a Google search but can't seem to fine more info

Also how early can you book private dinning at GF?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter