Cat 4 compared to Cat 5?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by joker66, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

I've not been in a Cat 4 to compare to a Cat 5, but it seems to me the key is not a higher ceiling but the different tub; the ones in the Cat 5s are very high off the floor. I suspect the Cat 4 tub, which is different, rests closer to the floor, creating an illusion of a higher ceiling.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy

Makes sense. :thumbsup2

4. klepton

klepton Mouseketeer

I've only ever stayed in a 4, but I was cramped in that shower. You're telling me they get smaller?!?!?! :scared:

In our case the 4A was worth well more than the $400 cost difference. We had a 4 month old, so the area in front of the murphy bed was perfect for the pack 'n play. The tub was also helpful when giving him a bath.

Most importantly we got an extra chest with a lot of space for clothes. This was on the Magic, I don't think you get that on the Dream or Fantasy, but I don't know what we would have done without it.

We booked a 4A for our fantasy cruise next year.

5. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

We've had a 4 & a 5 and feel it's worth the extra to have the cat 4.(4D or higher since 4E is more about verandah size than interior cabin size.)

We love the shower features, extra cabinets & ds16 no longer fits on the top bunk or sofa bed. The murphy bed is more like a real twin bed and his feet don't hang over. FWIW, on the classic ships, (Alaska & Med) we get a secret verandah and put the kids across the hall in an inside cabin. They like having their own space, TV, etc. Plus the beds separate on the classic ships so there's no bickering about who's hogging the bed. :rolleyes2

We were ok with the storage in a cat 5 for a 3 nt but for a 7 nt it's definitely worth it to us. YMMV. We got a free upgrade to a cat 4C last April on the Dream & enjoyed it so much we upgraded our November Fantasy cruise. It was $399 to go from a 5E to a 4D.

As pp mentioned, it's the same interior as a cat 8 (except maybe 8A) so for those of you who can do without the verandah, you'll save a lot but still have a larger cabin.