Castaway Club Gifts - Through the Years

The Castaway Club, gifts are getting cheaper and cheaper. Even thought the bag was a little bigger and better quality than last year, all you get is the bag. Last year, I got posted notes, dry erase board with dry erase marker, and I believe a photograph magnet.
I was really surprised that we only received a bag. We were on the Alaska cruise a few years ago and got a bag, 2 mugs, and rice krispie treats. DVC gave out really good gifts such as mugs, caps, cup holders for the sand, and light up bracelets for Pirate night.

My favorite was definitely the blue and black backpack. Good quality and most functional!
Yes! Unfortunately, they only had it for a brief time (we cruised every year during that time period) and they were only on one of our cruises. We were only able to get 1 of them. But we have tons (well, 6) of the newer beach bags. I don't need any more of them.

Last edited:

I was really surprised that we only received a bag. We were on the Alaska cruise a few years ago and got a bag, 2 mugs, and rice krispie treats. DVC gave out really good gifts such as mugs, caps, cup holders for the sand, and light up bracelets for Pirate night.

How did you get the DVC gifts? Our first sailing was booked through DVC and my husband and son got baseball caps. Sailing in two weeks and booked through DVC again. Do I just need to track down all the member events?

I like the sling backpack. I like the silver and platinum color. Don't care for the gold color so that just means we have to cruise 5 more times

I like the way you think! I might have to do the same... I've never been a fan of Gold. :rotfl2:

How did you get the DVC gifts? Our first sailing was booked through DVC and my husband and son got baseball caps. Sailing in two weeks and booked through DVC again. Do I just need to track down all the member events?
We just got off the Fantasy last Saturday. Go to the first DVC meeting during sail away and they gave us the really useful mugs that we used for refilling drinks. They told us to come back at certain nights to receive additional gifts. We did not go any other additional gatherings, but I was impressed with how DVC treated members.

We just obtained the new silver level tote on a cruise last month. And contrary to the experience of others here, it has held up very well for us! I was very happy to have a bag for holding wet clothes and/or liquids because I hadn't brought along anything with the appropriate lining for that stuff. It went with us to the beach, on fishing boat - and, later that week, to Typhoon Lagoon. Have used it repeatedly at home as well.

We just obtained the new silver level tote on a cruise last month. And contrary to the experience of others here, it has held up very well for us! I was very happy to have a bag for holding wet clothes and/or liquids because I hadn't brought along anything with the appropriate lining for that stuff. It went with us to the beach, on fishing boat - and, later that week, to Typhoon Lagoon. Have used it repeatedly at home as well.
There are two different beach bags that look similar. The first one had grommets with rope handles.
2014 beach tote bags.jpg

These did not hold up very well - the knots on the handles would untie, the grommets would pull out.

Then DCL changed the bag so the handles were stiched on canvas handles
2014 platinum beach bag umbrella wonder bobbiwoz.jpg

These work much better and hold up well.

Yes! Unfortunately, they only had it for a brief time (we cruised every year during that time period) and they were only on one of our cruises. We were only able to get 1 of them. But we have tons (well, 6) of the newer beach bags. I don't need any more of them.

I love that backpack. We have two of them and both are still in use

We just got off the Fantasy last Saturday. Go to the first DVC meeting during sail away and they gave us the really useful mugs that we used for refilling drinks. They told us to come back at certain nights to receive additional gifts. We did not go any other additional gatherings, but I was impressed with how DVC treated members.

There's usually a DVC Member Celebration on embarkation day around 2:00 or 2:30 prior to the drill. Check the Navigator for exact time and place. In the past, they've always given swag bags to members. Usually there's a DVC baseball cap and may have other stuff. We have about a dozen of the caps in various colors. A few years ago we also got a DVC folio that held legal pad and pen. There's also trivia questions with prizes as well as a drawing. We won a a $200 shipboard credit one year and DD won a DVC throw. We've also had DVC gifts delivered to the stateroom - DVC lanyards, ships log book, beautiful wood box. There is a daily DVC sales presentation open to members and non-members on the other cruise days and they may give out stuff at those but we've never attended - only the Member Celebration. If you miss the Celebration meeting, stop by the DVC desk and let them know. They usually have extra of what was handed out. They also have a list with stateroom numbers of DVC members on board.

We have a big box thing...I never knew what it was exactly, is this a "game tin"?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 26
We have a big box thing...I never knew what it was exactly, is this a "game tin"?
I think it's a "memory keeper". For putting little things in to remember your trip.

The game tin had a deck of cards and a scrabble-type word game in it (on the left in this picture)
2014 gold dream 14160 P1020284 1500.jpg

Ok that makes sense and is how we use it, I overlooked that previous pic of the game tin thank you !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter