Castaway Club Gifts - Through the Years

So just to clarify... my husband is Silver. This is my first DCL cruise. He had thought the lanyards came with the stateroom gift and there would be two of them since there will be two of us in the room. If they are handed out at check-in, will we both get one (as the room is Silver based on his level)? Or is that an individual based item?

No, only the passenger with status will get the lanyard. If you are a DVC member, you will get a DVC lanyard though.

We got them when we checked in for the cruise in September. As far as I know they still are giving them out. I noticed they were a softer material this last cruise. It felt nice around my neck.

I agree the current material for the lanyards is softer/nicer than in the past. The design is the same on both sides while the older ones we got have the design on one side and a threaded back side. I find the new lanyards so much more comfortable I use it at work for my badge. I didn't think the old ones were practical to use every day at work because the threaded side kept catching.

So just to clarify... my husband is Silver. This is my first DCL cruise. He had thought the lanyards came with the stateroom gift and there would be two of them since there will be two of us in the room. If they are handed out at check-in, will we both get one (as the room is Silver based on his level)? Or is that an individual based item?

Pretty sure the Castaway Club status is per individual, not per stateroom, so no CC lanyard for you, sorry. Or rather, yes, you will get a lanyard because your husband should lend you his. :goodvibes

2010 - 2011 Drawstring Bag [IMG said:

Apparently the picture isn't working in the quote, but it is the red and black drawstring bag.

We love these bags, we still use one every cruise for our snorkel gear. It is big enough to carry 3 peoples snorkel gear and is well made. The backpack was nice too, my daughter is using it as I write this on her high school band trip:)

As MJ said, lanyards are given at check in. They are really part of the in-room gift. The in-room gift is given (one per stateroom) based on the highest CC level in the room. Lanyards typically are for the returning cruiser only. Although I've read reports where the CM (at check in) has given one or two extras (for kids) in the same room who don't qualify.

My daughter didn't get a lanyard at check in for her first cruise but the rest of us did as we were silver members.

Thanks for the clarification everyone! I'd better make sure to pack my Halloween Horror Nights lanyard then. LOL

I thought some cruises were getting a small backpack (sling style) but I don't see any photos or mention of them.

We received the sling style backpack on our Alaska cruise last year. I will check when I get home to see if I have a picture of it.

This may be off topic but I have to mention it here. There are CC member bags for sale on Ebay for exorbitant prices, Its crazy.
There was a blue backpack from 2012 that was over $100. A platinum beach bag being offered now for $80 or $90. Best of all today someone has the audacity to be selling a silver DCL pen, the ones left in staterooms for $50.
I am afraid to think there are people buying these things. :sad2:

This may be off topic but I have to mention it here. There are CC member bags for sale on Ebay for exorbitant prices, Its crazy.
There was a blue backpack from 2012 that was over $100. A platinum beach bag being offered now for $80 or $90. Best of all today someone has the audacity to be selling a silver DCL pen, the ones left in staterooms for $50.
That blue backpack was only given for a short time (well, "short" in comparison to how long other gifts have been given). We got one on one of our cruises and I was hoping to get more. But, it wasn't to be. I could see how people would be looking for them.

Agree, I will have to put mine up for sale I have say five blue ones in our house untouched.

We had 4 of them, I still have one left we use when we travel. My son-in-law loved them to use for the gym. He destroyed theirs and then my other 3.
I think I will send him a bill for the other ones I gave him. I could have made a mint. :)
I need to go see if that one listed sold or not.

ETA: only saw 2 listed one for $16.99 and one for $29.99 much more reasonable.

We had 4 of them, I still have one left we use when we travel. My son-in-law loved them to use for the gym. He destroyed theirs and then my other 3.
I think I will send him a bill for the other ones I gave him. I could have made a mint. :)
I need to go see if that one listed sold or not.

I will have to sell mine!

I also have a giant Panama cruise PIN I wonder how much that would sell for, it's in a presentation box and part of a limited edition.

Agree, I will have to put mine up for sale I have say five blue ones in our house untouched.
If you decide to sell yours please could you contact me. I was supposed to be taking my 2 boys (7 and 11) s to Florida for my 40th birthday this Easter holiday, long story short, I was in and out of hospital with my crohns flaring pretty bad. My pre bought travel insurance wanted an extra £900 to cover me for a trip to the States because I totalled 8 inpatient visits so was considered too risky. I had to cancel. I have taken the boys on 2 Disney med cruises and just booked on a Norway trip for may next year. They were desperate to visit Castaway Cay but have handled the cancellation really well so I thought I would package together a few things for Xmas for them. One of the items they were excited about getting on our second med cruise was the blue backpack to use for school but they used up their stock of red beach bags on the med cruises that year, even though the backpack was put out on other cruises. We love the bag but I thought I could surprise them with the blue one!! Looked on ebay and that is not going to happen. Happy to buy them but not at $80 so if anyone is happy to sell please do let me know x hope that makes sense x

If you decide to sell yours please could you contact me. I was supposed to be taking my 2 boys (7 and 11) s to Florida for my 40th birthday this Easter holiday, long story short, I was in and out of hospital with my crohns flaring pretty bad. My pre bought travel insurance wanted an extra £900 to cover me for a trip to the States because I totalled 8 inpatient visits so was considered too risky. I had to cancel. I have taken the boys on 2 Disney med cruises and just booked on a Norway trip for may next year. They were desperate to visit Castaway Cay but have handled the cancellation really well so I thought I would package together a few things for Xmas for them. One of the items they were excited about getting on our second med cruise was the blue backpack to use for school but they used up their stock of red beach bags on the med cruises that year, even though the backpack was put out on other cruises. We love the bag but I thought I could surprise them with the blue one!! Looked on ebay and that is not going to happen. Happy to buy them but not at $80 so if anyone is happy to sell please do let me know x hope that makes sense x

We are in the UK so not cost effective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter