Castaway Cay splash area and paved areas

sahara910

Mouseketeer
Quick question, I am trying to minimize walking and chasing of my 3 year old as I have a fractured ankle...So I am trying to pre plan as much as possible

If I have a stroller how far "onto" castaway cay can I push it before it is all sand?

Is the splash area on the main land?

On that note how deep is the water going to pelican's plunge? Can you walk? Or do you have to swim? Is there anything on Pelican's Plunge for little guys? (Hes 36" tall)

Thanks!!!!!

Quick question, I am trying to minimize walking and chasing of my 3 year old as I have a fractured ankle...So I am trying to pre plan as much as possible

If I have a stroller how far "onto" castaway cay can I push it before it is all sand?

Is the splash area on the main land?

On that note how deep is the water going to pelican's plunge? Can you walk? Or do you have to swim? Is there anything on Pelican's Plunge for little guys? (Hes 36" tall)

Thanks!!!!!

To get to Pelican Plunge you have to swim. It's at least 7 or 8 feet deep (I couldn't touch the bottom when I sank down to check). There are life vests to use there, for those with less swimming ability.

I think (if I remember correctly), the splash area is pretty much in a "paved area". Rubberized pavement. The trails, to the best of my remembering, are fully paved all the way to Serenity Bay.

There is a paved path that runs the whole length of the island. You do have to walk in the sand if you want to get to the actual beach and claim a lounger/umbrella.

MJ

OK thank you! So I will plan on sending the older two to PP alone or with DH and keep little man with me in the splash area.

We skip the stroller and use the wagons offered at CC. It's a pain pushing a stroller on sand. The splash zone is a lot of fun. It's DD (age 2.5) favorite part of CC. I would not recommend Pelican Plunge for little kids. You hit the water kind of hard (the guy in front of me got a nosebleed from it and I took in a lot of water despite holding my nose).

Where is this splash zone?! I was there in September & I don't remember seeing it at all :)

We were there in February. My boys loved the splash zone but the water was freezing. They were shivering but didn't want to get out. :)

Does anyone have a pic of the Splash Zone and where it's located? or in other words---Bump

Does anyone have a pic of the Splash Zone and where it's located? or in other words---Bump

Spring-a-Leak
Cool off at the brand-new, 2,400-square-foot water play area and find yourself immersed in what appears to be the remnants of a washed-away beach dwelling. The watery fun begins as you enter the storm-ravaged structure. Be greeted by dripping pipes, broken plumbing and hissing misters that have been exposed and twisted by the tropical tempest that wiped out the original structure.

Scuttle's Cove
The youngest cruisers will enjoy this sandy play spot, a "hub" of youth activities supervised by Disney counselors from the ship. Scuttle's Cove now features a new whimsical water play area: a 1,200-square-foot soft wet deck area provides fresh-water fun with an array of pop jets, geysers and bubblers. With organized activities and Monstro's Point—a giant whale-bone excavation site—kids will be delighted all day long. (A limited number of all-terrain wheelchairs can be obtained here.)

Here's a CC map: "E" is Scuttles Cove (Children's Program Area); and "T" is Spring-a-Leak (Wet Play Area)

n4tixi.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter