• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

We have 4, 7, and 9 any thoughts? I have seen the pics for 7 and 9 but any thoughts would be helpful. We were so worried about not getting a cabana and yet we somehow ended up with three?!

We had cabana 4 on both stops on our August 10 cruise and were really happy with both the cabana and location. It is right in the middle of the beach, close enough to the bathrooms and Cookies 2 but not too close. I don't think you would be unhappy with any of your choices. Do you have an specific wishes or worries?

A couple minutes ago, I logged into my reservation for my Nov. 10, 2012 Western Caribbean cruise and saw, that Family Beach Cabana #17 was available, so I got it right away. I'm now at 63 days out, so just wanted to say that it IS possible to get one even at 90 days or less.

Originally, I was able to book #20 on Serenity Bay, but since I had #19 last year, I wanted to get something different.

Now this is where my problem begins: How do you cancel a cabana (or any port excursion for that matter) on DCL's new website?

Tried the following already:

I logged in, which took me to "My Reservations". Clicked on "+Add Activities" under "My Cruise Activities". Then I clicked on "Port Adventure (2)" at Castaway Cay, which brings up the two booked cabanas, each with a "Modify" link. When I click that, it takes me to the page where you book port excursions for Castaway Cay. Well, I don't want to book anything, I would like to release cabana #20. How do I do that?

TIA!

Now this is where my problem begins: How do you cancel a cabana (or any port excursion for that matter) on DCL's new website?

I logged in, which took me to "My Reservations". Clicked on "+Add Activities" under "My Cruise Activities". Then I clicked on "Port Adventure (2)" at Castaway Cay, which brings up the two booked cabanas, each with a "Modify" link. When I click that, it takes me to the page where you book port excursions for Castaway Cay. Well, I don't want to book anything, I would like to release cabana #20. How do I do that?

TIA!

We had a thread about this a week or so ago, no one can figure it out so people just called DCL and had them do it.

Could be that DCL has decided not to make it so easy to cancel. Not sure, just speculating.

We had a thread about this a week or so ago, no one can figure it out so people just called DCL and had them do it.

Could be that DCL has decided not to make it so easy to cancel. Not sure, just speculating.

I think they somehow missed that option in their website update. :confused3

It was there before the change!

Fuhnuh said:
We had cabana 4 on both stops on our August 10 cruise and were really happy with both the cabana and location. It is right in the middle of the beach, close enough to the bathrooms and Cookies 2 but not too close. I don't think you would be unhappy with any of your choices. Do you have an specific wishes or worries?

We don't have any specific worries, we would like the best view of the ship but I know that all three will have great views. The last time we were at castaway cay they didn't have the cabanas. We are curious to see all the new updates and thought that with 6 people a cabana was a good option for our family since we range in age from 11-82.

Are cabanas really worth $1,500.00? That's what concierge plus the cabana itself would cost me.

For us it will be. We are specifically planning a concierge JUST so we can do that....just this once. Living in FL too when those rates come up, for us it's going to cost several thousand more. But this is our first cruise with all of us together (twins in college) so we want to make it really special.

After that one, we plan to book more but they will probably be last minute ones with resident rates.

Thanks so much, WInston. My MIL booked our rooms already, so no concierge. She did book through RCI-would that make any difference? Like could she call RCI and make a note that she wants to book a cabana? If not, I guess I'll just spend the money elsewhere:lmao:

I'm silver and everything was booked when I logged on. I checked at least 3 times a Day and was lucky to get one about 12 days later.

Other option is to be aware that the People who have Cabanas booked need to keep or cancel 3 days before your Cruise Date.

I would check with a vengeance a week before your Cruise untill the 3 day window as I bet someone will change their mind. :)

A couple minutes ago, I logged into my reservation for my Nov. 10, 2012 Western Caribbean cruise and saw, that Family Beach Cabana #17 was available, so I got it right away. I'm now at 63 days out, so just wanted to say that it IS possible to get one even at 90 days or less.

Originally, I was able to book #20 on Serenity Bay, but since I had #19 last year, I wanted to get something different.

TIA!

I cancelled an excursion an hour ago.

I clicked On my cruise activities overview. ( all the Cruise Days )

Click on the (top) bit of castaway cay Day

It will show a white box with your cabana # Details at the top.

At the bottom of white box it says ( View Details) Click this.

This then goes to the area where you press cancel for the Cabana.

It then asks are you sure then press yes/accept.
Done. :)

I cancelled an excursion an hour ago.

I clicked On my cruise activities overview. ( all the Cruise Days )

Click on the (top) bit of castaway cay Day

It will show a white box with your cabana # Details at the top.

At the bottom of white box it says ( View Details) Click this.

This then goes to the area where you press cancel for the Cabana.

It then asks are you sure then press yes/accept.
Done. :)

THANK YOU!

I see that will work. But before I really cancel, I'm going to announce it in our cruise meet thread to give other people a chance to grab Serenity Bay Cabana #20 on the Nov. 10, 2012 Western Caribbean.

No Bother. Number 20 was there also when I Booked our #17.
It Lasted about 10 mins and then was snapped up.:)

I'm back from my FANTASTIC cruise and really enjoyed the time in Cabana #17. Although #17 is at the very end, the location still isn't too bad, because you're at the far end of the private beach area - meaning it can't get any quieter.

Pretty low tide in the afternoon with water being just over the ankle. The deepest it got was waist high. Otherwise nice conditions, very few rocks in the ocean. Saw three stingrays and lots of fish.

Being a Jungle Book fan, I loved when they piped in the steel-drum version of "Bare Necessities". Very cool!:)

For all you future cruisers - here's a video tour of my cabana and the nearby beach area: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz3TYPSNwiw

And of course I took plenty of photos, too:

View from near Family Beach Cabana #17 on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Family Beach Cabana #17 on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Family Beach Cabana #17 on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Disney's Castaway Cay Island - Area near Family Beach Cabanas by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

The Disney Fantasy from the Private Area near the Family Beach Cabanas on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

View near Family Beach Cabana #17 on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Family Beach Cabanas Area on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Family Beach Cabanas Area on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Ocean near the Family Beach Cabanas on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Very low tide:

View from Family Beach Cabana #17 on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Disney Fantasy Cruise Ship as seen from the Family Beach Cabanas on Disney's Castaway Cay Island by Reto Kurmann, on Flickr

Your video is amazing. I won't get to go till October next year. I may have to view this a lot to tide me over!

What was the water temperature like? It's been so cold here in FL this year I'm wondering how cold it is there.

What was the water temperature like? It's been so cold here in FL this year I'm wondering how cold it is there.

Actually, the water was pretty warm - 78°F. It was a warm day, too with no rain showers, just some clouds moving in in the afternoon.

Hi-I am a first time Disney Cruiser and interested in the Cabanas-secifically the handicapped accessible one. Does anyone know typically how fast that one is booked? I won't be able to book until 90 days out. Do you think I have a chance at getting it? Thanks!

Hi-I am a first time Disney Cruiser and interested in the Cabanas-secifically the handicapped accessible one. Does anyone know typically how fast that one is booked? I won't be able to book until 90 days out. Do you think I have a chance at getting it? Thanks!

When I booked my Cabana (at 105 days out - we are gold CC members) there were only 2 Cabanas left at the Family Beach and 2 at Serenity Bay. If you are a first time cruiser and NOT cruising with a silver CC member in your room, then you can only book your excursions 75 days before sailing. So I would say, your chances of renting a Cabana are pretty slim, especially the accessable one.
BUT, check back often, people cancel and if you cannot secure one before your cruise, go to Guest Services and have your name put on the waiting list! :thumbsup2

What are the cabanas for

Just look at the pics and the video link above and you will see. They are very pricey, but highly sought after. I booked concierge as a first time cruiser, just so I would be able to get one at the 120 day mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter