Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

We are a couple with no children. We tried to get a cabana at SB, but all that was available was family beach. We are used to the serene quiet of serenity bay, so I'm just wondering if it's going to be a big difference noise wise at the family beach. Any input is appreciated.

Keira1387 said:
We are a couple with no children. We tried to get a cabana at SB, but all that was available was family beach. We are used to the serene quiet of serenity bay, so I'm just wondering if it's going to be a big difference noise wise at the family beach. Any input is appreciated.

Hi! We are also a couple with no children and had a cabana on the family beach for the 8/19 Dream Cruise. We thought it was fantastic, you are still on a private beach with the family cabana so it is still pretty great. I mean of course there will be a little noise but it wasn't something we even noticed at all, it was still just as relaxing as our full day on serenity bay...if not more so! If you have any other questions I'll be happy to try and answer them ;)

Hi! We are also a couple with no children and had a cabana on the family beach for the 8/19 Dream Cruise. We thought it was fantastic, you are still on a private beach with the family cabana so it is still pretty great. I mean of course there will be a little noise but it wasn't something we even noticed at all, it was still just as relaxing as our full day on serenity bay...if not more so! If you have any other questions I'll be happy to try and answer them ;)

Thank you so much for your response! You have put my mind at ease! Looking forward to the cabana now! :goodvibes

Go for the highest number you can. The ones past 12 are very secluded without anyone swimming in front of them.

CEGrant said:
Why do you think they have golf carts for transporting the cabana guests???:rotfl:

Do they take you from the ship to your cabana too? If so, do they tell us once we are on the ship where to go?

Thnx!

Kendra, I sooo wish I could talk my family into a Cabana. ENjoy it! I can't wait to see your pictures!

There are specific Cabana drink packages that can be ordered:

This flyer is provided in your cabin with the cardboard cabana the night before Castaway Cay.

We just got off the 5-night August 24 sailing and we had a cabana on the family beach both CC days. The beverage menu was not provided either time so this may have been discontinued or may just be a SB item. There is a drinks menu in the cabana and the bartender from the ship walks the family beach cabana area to take drink orders.

MBPrincessMoM said:
Go for the highest number you can. The ones past 12 are very secluded without anyone swimming in front of them.

We just returned from the August 24 Dream and we had cabana #17 it is the last cabana on the family beach and it was so nice there was only a little noise from the cabana next door. So glad we were able to get a cabana much more relaxing than the first day at castaway among the hustle and bustle of the public beach. The only bad thing there is not a swimming area right in front of the cabana you have to walk down to the swimming area which was not a big deal but it would have been nice to watch the kids swim from the cabana.

We just returned from the August 24 Dream and we had cabana #17 it is the last cabana on the family beach and it was so nice there was only a little noise from the cabana next door. So glad we were able to get a cabana much more relaxing than the first day at castaway among the hustle and bustle of the public beach. The only bad thing there is not a swimming area right in front of the cabana you have to walk down to the swimming area which was not a big deal but it would have been nice to watch the kids swim from the cabana.

We have 17 booked in 4 wks time, I was worried it was far away but I think I'm happy now it's a quieter area.
Do you get the Sun ok at this cabana. I'm hoping to lay on the Hammock all day.:)

This will be our first DIsney cruise, so am I to understand that people will have several weeks to book cabanas before i'll even have a crack at it? What are the odds I'll be able to get one. We are sailing April 4, 2013.

bahacca said:
This will be our first DIsney cruise, so am I to understand that people will have several weeks to book cabanas before i'll even have a crack at it? What are the odds I'll be able to get one. We are sailing April 4, 2013.

Concierge guests and Castaway Club members get to book up to 120 days in advance. First time cruisers who aren't staying Concierge can book 75 days ahead. So yes, it's likely that they'll all be booked, especially given the time of year that you're cruising. However, DCL holds back a few cabanas for onboard booking (assuming they're not being used for a wedding or other special event), so you might have a chance at one of those. Also, cancellations do occur, so you might be able to snag one before or even during the cruise.

If you really have your heart set on a cabana, I'd recommend booking a Concierge stateroom and then being online at midnight of the 120-day mark to make sure you snag one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter