• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

Would someone kindly orientate me? I still cannot find a CC map that includes numbered cabana locations. Which numbered cabanas are closest to Pelican Plunge? Anyone know?

On the family beach, the cabanas start near Cookies Too and the numbers go up.

Cabana 1, closest to Cookies Too, is the handicap accessible cabana.

Cabanas 11 - 17 are furthest out and are on a rocky section of the beach with no swimming and no beach chairs/umbrellas.

Cabanas 18-21 are on Serenity Bay, the adults only beach.

Here is a Castaway Cay map: http://www.insidethemagic.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Castaway-Cay-1.jpg

And here is a numbered picture I found online:

(Note, they are numbered incorrectly on the left - there is no Cabana 13. From the left they are 17, 16, 15, 14, 12...)

On the family beach, the cabanas start near Cookies Too and the numbers go up.

Cabana 1, closest to Cookies Too, is the handicap accessible cabana.

Cabanas 11 - 17 are furthest out and are on a rocky section of the beach with no swimming and no beach chairs/umbrellas.

Cabanas 18-21 are on Serenity Bay, the adults only beach.

Here is a Castaway Cay map: http://www.insidethemagic.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Castaway-Cay-1.jpg

And here is a numbered picture I found online:

(Note, they are numbered incorrectly on the left - there is no Cabana 13. From the left they are 17, 16, 15, 14, 12...)

Exactly what I needed. Thank you!

We're staying in #9 on October 23. Anybody stayed in that one?

What's it like? View? Proximity to beach?

What will the water temperature be like that late in October?

Any other suggestions or ideas? It will be our first time on Castaway Cay.

Im confused by this. Are these family ones? If you get assigned those there is no swimming?

Im confused by this. Are these family ones? If you get assigned those there is no swimming?

They kind of go back around that corner on the left side. We had #16 and we had to walk down the path from our cabana, turn left and then walk down to the beach area where the volleyball court, umbrellas and chairs were.

So you still have access to the beach, it just isn't straight out in front of the cabana, like it is with the lower numbered ones.

They kind of go back around that corner on the left side. We had #16 and we had to walk down the path from our cabana, turn left and then walk down to the beach area where the volleyball court, umbrellas and chairs were.

So you still have access to the beach, it just isn't straight out in front of the cabana, like it is with the lower numbered ones.

Hmm that doesnt sound as nice. :(

For those interested in an aerial view, Google maps works well. And for PP this link may be helpful. You need to use the frontal photo supplied earlier, in Wendy&Grumpy's signature, and the aerial Google satellite photo, in conjunction, to locate your ultimate cabana. However with the 120 day check-in frenzy/battle you are lucky to get any cabana.
So keep that in mind. But as many PP's indicate, folks bail/change their mind and release them, so keep checking every other hour or so, until your cruise date.:rotfl2:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...f.&biw=1024&bih=605&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl
Link not quite working, so click on CC, Bahamas on left, and then zoom in as desired.

It appears to me that at cabana 10 or 11 the island takes the turn where those units are more isolated.

Details; water less deep at low tide, however can create a neat tidal area for kids, less water possibly, less chairs and loungers on beach, view is more East than South toward dock/ship, the 1500 people on family beach are out of view:thumbsup2, never heard of rocks before, more private, farther from bathrooms and food, more thru wind facing East.

Each cabana has advantages and disadvantages. They are are all wonderful. They are a challenge to book, so if you desire one, and one is available, grab it quick.

In my experience and research these farther cabanas #12 - #17 get booked quicker than the middle ones # 3 - #8.:confused3
Given the opportunity I personally would choose #4 - #9 fwiw.

Is that because they are more secluded? Any pictures out the front of those high numbered units?

The Other name for Castaway cay is Gorda Cay, put this into google map and it takes you right to it.:)

I

Hmm that doesnt sound as nice. :(

It actually was really nice because we had more privacy. You still have the view of beach and water out front (you just can't swim at that part). And the walk to the swimming area is not bad at all. It sounds farther away but it is still very close to everything.

And even though those numbered cabanas are the furthest from Cookies Too and the restrooms, the way they curve around actually shortens the walk to those areas when you use the path that runs behind the cabanas.

Is that because they are more secluded? Any pictures out the front of those high numbered units?

I'm not sure if this will help or not. This was taken standing in front of cabana #16 looking left (rather than straight out). Hum, I don't think I took any looking straight out but I'll check my computer at home tonight.

That is the volleyball court and the swimming beach, so you can see it really isn't that far.

IMG_2163.jpg

Interesting. My DH really doesn't like crowds. That's the reason the cabanas interest me so much. Plus I figure with concierge on ship, the concierge area might be less crowded than other areas of the ship. I know it's Disney, but anything we can do to have quiet moments is a bonus. But I have a 6 year old so it has to be family areas.

Id love to see a front view.

does anyone have pictures of the sand toys that are included with the cabana rental?

I have pictures of my kids playing with them!

That's DD22, and DS16 playing in the sand with DD11!!

It's not much, but it's enough to bring out the kid in everyone! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter