Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

DVCNuts said:
Cost for one day: $499. The view: priceless.

This is the view from Cabana 8. We were lucky enough to get it BOTH days were were in CC on the 6/29/12 Dream double dip. We reserved it again for our next cruise. We have decided this is the ONLY way to do Castaway Cay from now on! Fridge, fan, view, ice and drinks on request, suncreen, fresh water shower, uncrowded beach, AND John Stamos in the cabana next to ours!

I would do this over any other shore excursion any day.

Is that a cup on top of that beer or does the bottle come like that? Trying to settle an argument with DH

rosermama said:
Is that a cup on top of that beer or does the bottle come like that? Trying to settle an argument with DH

No, it is a plastic bottle that looks like a Corona bottle. It is actually a Corona Light, and the bar tender poured it from the glass bottle into the plastic one-- since they don't allow glassware on CC.

DVCNuts said:
No, it is a plastic bottle that looks like a Corona bottle. It is actually a Corona Light, and the bar tender poured it from the glass bottle into the plastic one-- since they don't allow glassware on CC.

Just to clarify-- the bottle is shaped that way at the top. It is not a separate cup.

DVCNuts said:
Just to clarify-- the bottle is shaped that way at the top. It is not a separate cup.

Thanks and thanks for letting us know that they dont allow glassware on CC. DH was going to buy the beer package with glass bottles but I will encourage him to get something else. Or get him a 6 pack of the aluminum bottles

Thanks and thanks for letting us know that they dont allow glassware on CC. DH was going to buy the beer package with glass bottles but I will encourage him to get something else. Or get him a 6 pack of the aluminum bottles

They will bring you plastic cups for the bottles. They will also sell you the same beer package on the beach. Buy 5, get one free.

The view from Cabana 7, June 29th 2012:

Fantasy-2012-20-XL.jpg

The view from Cabana 7, June 29th 2012:

Fantasy-2012-20-XL.jpg

We had cabana 7 last October. :)

Curious now - that little bench in the corner is new! I see that there are still two loungers... did you also have the couch, a bench along the side wall opposite the fridge and four (maybe only 3?) chairs?

Wondering if all cabanas are getting refurbed/updated?

Curious now - that little bench in the corner is new! I see that there are still two loungers... did you also have the couch, a bench along the side wall opposite the fridge and four (maybe only 3?) chairs?

We've had the same bench both times we have had a cabana dating back to May 2011, but ours was orange.

We've had the same bench both times we have had a cabana dating back to May 2011, but ours was orange.

Hmmmm! We had one in our Serenity Bay Cabana - #19 - but there we didn't have the two chairs outside - only the bench & two loungers and then inside two chairs and the couch.

I also just found pics of Cabana 4 showing the corner bench, but no outside chairs - just the two loungers and bench outside with only two chairs & the couch inside.

Now I'm wondering if maybe they're all a bit different in seating depending on how/where they're situated!

I feel SIlly asking this question.... But where do I find to book the cabana at? I can't find it under port excursions. Where do I look?

Fantasy-2012-19-L.jpg

Inside were:

1 3-seater couch
2 chairs
1 bench/low long teak
2 tables teak

Andy

Would someone kindly orientate me? I still cannot find a CC map that includes numbered cabana locations. Which numbered cabanas are closest to Pelican Plunge? Anyone know?

Hmmmm! We had one in our Serenity Bay Cabana - #19 - but there we didn't have the two chairs outside - only the bench & two loungers and then inside two chairs and the couch.

On November 8, 2011 I had #19 as well and as you can see in my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMZILbWqtyI&feature=plcp I had the following:

- 2 loungers
- 2 chairs outside
- 1 table outside
- 2 chairs inside
- 2 tables inside
- bench consisting of two parts
- 1 couch

We were two adults.

On November 8, 2011 I had #19 as well and as you can see in my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMZILbWqtyI&feature=plcp I had the following:

- 2 loungers
- 2 chairs outside
- 1 table outside
- 2 chairs inside
- 2 tables inside
- bench consisting of two parts
- 1 couch

We were two adults.

The furniture on Serenity Bay at least has definitely been changed then - this is what we had in Cabana 19 in April:

The 4 wooden back chairs in your video have been replaced by two oversize chairs with padded backs and a corner chaise has been added. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter