• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Castaway Cay day - food

Not wanting to get off the ship at Castaway Cay! :scared1: LOL!

Just joking! I believe the same BBQ lunch served on the island is also served on the ship.

On the Magic, lunch is served in Parrot Cay. I assume it's at Enchanted Garden on the Dream. Swim suits are not allowed, so you'd have to get dressed first....as the buffet on the pool deck is not open. The quick serve places also serve during lunch time.

I want to get off the ship. I'm traveling with my mother. This is her first ever cruise. But she doesn't take to cool winds too well. Our cruise sets sail Thursday, the 19th, and according to weather.com it's going to be in the mid-80's. On top of being on an island w/ a tropical breeze, she will still feel that it's too cool.

I think she's nuts personally. *lol* If she doesn't want to get off the ship she can stay. I'll be in the adult area soaking up some sun and enjoying the tropical breezes!

I want to get off the ship. I'm traveling with my mother. This is her first ever cruise. But she doesn't take to cool winds too well. Our cruise sets sail Thursday, the 19th, and according to weather.com it's going to be in the mid-80's. On top of being on an island w/ a tropical breeze, she will still feel that it's too cool.

I think she's nuts personally. *lol* If she doesn't want to get off the ship she can stay. I'll be in the adult area soaking up some sun and enjoying the tropical breezes!

Lucky! Leaving in two days! Wish it was me! Have a great time:goodvibes

Even if its only for a half hour or so, I'd encourage her to at least take a quick walk at Castaway Cay.

By the way, where are you from that mid-eighties is cold? It'll be much colder than that in the dining rooms onboard.

I have a question along these lines!! We are doing a B2B and we plan on staying on board for the second cruise when we dock at Castaway Cay. So the only place to get lunch is Enchanted Gardens or the quick food places, right? Room service is still available when we are docked, right???

Thanks for the info!!!

See you soon Kelly!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I would highly recommend getting off at Castaway Cay. It was definitely the highlight of our vacation!! I overheard a repeat cruiser on our trip say, "This is how Disney gets us to come back. A day at Castaway Cay keeps you coming back for more!" I totally agree!:love: I would take advantage of every moment available on the island!

I have a question along these lines!! We are doing a B2B and we plan on staying on board for the second cruise when we dock at Castaway Cay.

First, congrats on doing a B2B!

Once again, even if you don't feel like going to the beach, if the weather is decent, I'd want to at least get off the ship for a bit. If nothing else, why not take the walk and have lunch on the island, then go back...

It will be windier on the ship than off.
And I know the Dream did not have the buffet open.

First, congrats on doing a B2B!

Once again, even if you don't feel like going to the beach, if the weather is decent, I'd want to at least get off the ship for a bit. If nothing else, why not take the walk and have lunch on the island, then go back...

We want to spend the day in the Spa and the Rainforest room!!! We figured that day would be less crowded and we had done the whole CC thing on the first leg of the B2B. DH is NOT a beach person!!

I just looked at three Dream Navigators (two 3-nts and one 4-nt). Lunch on CC day was different on all of them. On one, Cabanas and EG were closed and only the quick service places were open. On another, EG was closed, but Cabanas and QS were open. And the last one Cabanas was closed, but EG and QS were open. I don't know if they were testing things out to see what worked or if they do that all the time. I guess we need to look at some more recent Navigators.

I think it depends on what servers/crew are on duty and what they are working at on Castaway Cay.

That will determine what is open on the ship so they have a skeleton crew for staffing. It also depends if there are any events on board (weddings etc).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter