Castaway Cay Damage?

Suki

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard if Castaway Cay had any damage from Jeanne? Also, will the Oct. 2 Eastern cruise go to Castaway Cay?
Thanks!!

Hey Greg :crazy: :crazy:

It is much to soon for any word yet. As for an Oct 2 sailing stopping there ~ I would have to say NO.

cast members probably haven't returned to Castaway Cay yet, so probably no real assessment of damage yet.

I just read on another post

" Re Sept 30th cruise I just talked to Rita at DCL, she said it looks like PC and CC should be open for our cruise!!!!!!

I also talked to DCl re our 9th october cruise and told only GC had been changed for our sailing.

I really hope my Oct 23 cruise will be able to go there. I haven't been there for 2 years and am looking forward to it, but then again there are more storms brewing. I will be excited just to get on that ship!!!

Originally posted by kimber79
It is much to soon for any word yet. As for an Oct 2 sailing stopping there ~ I would have to say NO.

This may be a stupid question, but how did they get off the island? By small boat to Abaco? I think the 9/19 Wonder was the last ship there, and we didn't pick them up... I saw many still on the island as we set sail Wednesday (22nd).

I believe that I saw it posted that the next Wonder cruise went right to CC to pick up the CMs there.

Reports from this week's Magic will be the tell tale. On the live from the 9/27 Magic I posted a question to see if they had heard if they were stopping or not.

As for 10/2's Magic, you have to rememeber we still have 8 days until we're there and a lot can change for the good in that time.

Probably the most determining factor will be if the dock or water area around the dock has much shoal build up.

We heard from some cruisers at the airport who made it there before Jeanne that the beach was eroded and Disney was going to have to bring in sand to replace what was take out to sea. So I wonder what else Jeanne did to CC.

I saw a post on the Live From Sept. 27 thread that said they were not going to CC Friday 10/1. That it was going to be a day at sea.

I'm still hoping by 10/8 we will be ok but if not, it'll be a little less painful for us having been there twice but I feel for those who haven't been there.

If we wouldn't go, is Nassau a possibility? Have they ever done that in place of CC?

I was on the 9/18 cruise. We didn't stop due to Hurricane Jeanne surprising us- she picked up speed and we didn't have time to go but it was scheduled stop before this happend.

Hmm...curiouser and curiouser....

as Alice In Wonderland would say...

should be interesting to see what happens - I'll try DCL again a little later and see if it's still on our agenda :)

When DCL announced that the 7-day cruise would be shortened to 5-days, CC wasn't part of the revised ports. Maybe it was due to timing, in that going to the 2 ports in Mexico didn't allow time for Castaway Cay. This was before the Hurricane hit that it was decided not to go there. They may have anticipated damage so they just booked the other two ports instead.

When DCL announced that the 7-day cruise would be shortened to 5-days, CC wasn't part of the revised ports. Maybe it was due to timing
Maybe the Wonder was going to be there. The Magic and Wonder can NOT both be at CC at the same time. Only room to dock one ship at a time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter