castaway cay 5k award ?

Lets be honest. I run these Disney races for the shirt. I know I have to buy it, but does anyone know what it looks like? :)

Never mind! I found it on Google. Not the most adorable shirt ever, but it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine. Unless it is really hot, or I imbibe too much the night before. :)

Is it a plain t-shirt, or a tech shirt?

It's cotton, not a tech shirt.

The CC 5k run (or walk) is a fun, what-the-heck-let's-do-it event that is still one of the few free events. The plastic Mickey Ears lanyard is cute and a nice little conversation starter if I decide to hang it up in my office, but that's about it and I don't really expect anything more from a free event. I'm sure if enough people gripe about not getting an adequate participation trophy-type souvenir, then Disney will gladly charge a registration fee for the privilege of running a non-certified course. I can buy plenty of tech t-shirts on sale at Marshall's or TJ Maxx for a lot less.

Lets be honest. I run these Disney races for the shirt. I know I have to buy it, but does anyone know what it looks like? :)

Never mind! I found it on Google. Not the most adorable shirt ever, but it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine. Unless it is really hot, or I imbibe too much the night before. :)

The 5K at the island does not give shirts of any sort for free. The only exception is the new money grab "CC Challenge race in January" which they will gladly charge $100s for.

The one I bought in October is really cute, and I hang around in it or wear it for weight lifting if I'm brave. Brave because they were sized incredibly SMALL (the men's cut, too), and I have to feel very very empowered to wear it into a weight room!

The 5K at the island does not give shirts of any sort for free. The only exception is the new money grab "CC Challenge race in January" which they will gladly charge $100s for.

Alternatively known as $69.73 for the 5K. (after participating in at least one race and going on that cruise)

Oh and there are two now; WDW Marathon weekend and then Princess weekend. Expect more!

Though it is a different course for those; I have been told in writing by rundisney and verbally by DCL that it will be a different course, and the normal 5K will also be run that day.

Though it is a different course for those; I have been told in writing by rundisney and verbally by DCL that it will be a different course, and the normal 5K will also be run that day.

I used to like runDisney races, but ever since the popularity of distance running has exploded, Disney has been quick to start charging money hand over fist and making excuses to add more race weekends.

After you run, say, WDW Marathon + Stay & Food for 4 + Cruise Cost for 4, you're talking about nifty $5000 5K :)

The CC 5k run (or walk) is a fun, what-the-heck-let's-do-it event that is still one of the few free events. The plastic Mickey Ears lanyard is cute and a nice little conversation starter if I decide to hang it up in my office, but that's about it and I don't really expect anything more from a free event. I'm sure if enough people gripe about not getting an adequate participation trophy-type souvenir, then Disney will gladly charge a registration fee for the privilege of running a non-certified course. I can buy plenty of tech t-shirts on sale at Marshall's or TJ Maxx for a lot less.

THANK YOU! It's a fun, free event that DCL provides and should be treated as such.

I'll caution anyone who is not used to running/walking in heat & humidity to be very careful with the CC5K, especially from April to October. It's all on asphalt and even though it starts around 9:00 in the morning, it can be brutal. I'm a runner and I would not do it in the high summer months.

I'll caution anyone who is not used to running/walking in heat & humidity to be very careful with the CC5K, especially from April to October. It's all on asphalt and even though it starts around 9:00 in the morning, it can be brutal. I'm a runner and I would not do it in the high summer months.

I agree 100% - I haven't run the CC5K yet (will be doing it in a couple of weeks - yea!) but I can tell you from running in the Central Florida heat, which is very similar to conditions at CC, that it will be very, very hot. If you are not used to heat and humidity take it easy and hydrate!

I love me a good race...and I despised nearly every second of the CC5k. Hot, Hot and did I say hot??? Oh, and humid...

I just knew my boys and husband were enjoying their first moments on the beach, getting settled and having a leisurely morning.

So for me, it was a one and done. I would rather get up and run early on the deck than do the CC5k again.

I would skip it.

Done it twice. First cruise in August 2012 and last cruise in Dec 2013.

On the first cruise, we simply singed up the morning of on a paper for, signed a waver and got a bib. Kids under 12 could not sign up but were allowed to run. We then all walked off the ship and got greeted by Goofy wearing a jogging suit. We all psed as a group for a picture (later sold by Shutters) and then Goofy started to run but in the opposite direction.

At the end of the race we didn't get medals. They had stopped and supposedly would be redesigned. At the end of the cruise we received a certificate. In my case, it listed the wrong date (looked like the previous cruise). Didn't noticed until after the cruise. DCL guest relations did eventually send me a revised cert and a medal.

For the last cruise runDisney had taken over the race. You are now required to register via the ports adventure desk at least the day before. The morning of, only those that had registered received bibs. There were a couple of walk-ins and were told they could run it but would not receive medals or bibs. In the end they got the medals because there were some no-shows. This time, no certificates nor picture with Goofy. The cc5k t-shirt now has the runDisney logo but it's still cotton.

Btw, the course is tough.

Ran the CC 5K on the 23rd of this month. Course is a breeze for runners as it is totally flat, the heat is tough in August, but fortunately it wasn't humid.

Registration is done through Port Adventures. Bib and ticket are given at registration. We met in Evolution at 8:15, disembarked at 8:30, and race began just about 9:00. Plastic Mickey medals were given to everyone. CMs stayed until 10:00ish.

Cotton t-shirts and hats were for sale near start/finish line.

I started walking 3 - 3.5 miles three times a week here about a month ago and pace about a 15 minute mile. If I decide to walk the CC5K will I be the last one done? I don't pass any joggers on my walk, but I do walk a lot faster than most of the walkers I see.

And I see a lot of people talk about it being a rough course. Will it be that bad in late January? When we were at CC last year in November, it was a bit on the cool side so I'm kind of thinking I'll be OK even though I'm used to the 60s right now. I'm kind of banking on the fact that it will be about 4300 feet lower in elevation than it is here.

I started walking 3 - 3.5 miles three times a week here about a month ago and pace about a 15 minute mile. If I decide to walk the CC5K will I be the last one done? I don't pass any joggers on my walk, but I do walk a lot faster than most of the walkers I see.

And I see a lot of people talk about it being a rough course. Will it be that bad in late January? When we were at CC last year in November, it was a bit on the cool side so I'm kind of thinking I'll be OK even though I'm used to the 60s right now. I'm kind of banking on the fact that it will be about 4300 feet lower in elevation than it is here.

The course itself is not rough at all. It's dead flat and well paved. What's rough is for the competitive folks trying to PR under high humidity and heat. But if you're not the competitive type, so long as you drink a cup of water or two, you'll be fine regardless of weather conditions.

You'll be fine. Heck, I jog/run, and I still haven't cracked a 40 minute 5K. You won't be alone at all on that course.

It was around 80 last year February for our CC day. The year before it was probably 60 for the same cruise, and it froze out my cousins from their CC day. You just never know in winter!

What are the dates the paid 5k? Is it on a specific ship? We are cruising in Jan and were planning on running. If I happen to be on the cruise with the paid 5k does this mean we are out of luck and can't run it? This would be disappointing as running it is part of a weight loss goal.

What are the dates the paid 5k? Is it on a specific ship? We are cruising in Jan and were planning on running. If I happen to be on the cruise with the paid 5k does this mean we are out of luck and can't run it? This would be disappointing as running it is part of a weight loss goal.

It's the Jan 12th-16th Dream cruise, then there's one after the Princess Half in Feb.

I have been told by rundisney and disneycruiseline (rundisney in writing) that the paid 5K is a different course (has to be, since the free one isn't quite 5K) and that they will be putting on the normal 5K as well.

It's the Jan 12th-16th Dream cruise, then there's one after the Princess Half in Feb.

I have been told by rundisney and disneycruiseline (rundisney in writing) that the paid 5K is a different course (has to be, since the free one isn't quite 5K) and that they will be putting on the normal 5K as well.

Thanks for the info. Not our cruise anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter