Cass, Rob and Kira back in Disney - Food Reviews!! Completed 03/13/2010!

I asked how Bailey managed to do that (Kira doesn't often eat beans or any other vegetable for that matter) and she told me that she told Kira that if she ate her pizza, she would get a green bean!

I have a 2-year-old, and I just can't stop laughing at this - :lmao: :rotfl: I'm enjoying reading your report, because we intend on taking our little girl to WDW in December.

That steak salad looks and sounds sooooo good!!

Rob ordered a shake and Kira shared it with him :goodvibes

5-52.jpg

Love this pic!!:love:

Rob ordered the ribs

wdw31.jpg

Even though it has bones, this looks delightful to me Cass. :thumbsup2

I just got some onion rings because I was still full from lunch

wdw36.jpg

YUMMO!!:)

and Sean got some sort of pasta dish

wdw33.jpg

Double Yummo!!:love:

At one point during dinner, I looked over and saw Kira eating Bailey's green beans. Not only was she eating the beans but seemed very happy about it!

I asked how Bailey managed to do that (Kira doesn't often eat beans or any other vegetable for that matter) and she told me that she told Kira that if she ate her pizza, she would get a green bean!

:rolleyes2

Wow! What a brilliant teenager! :rotfl2:

She made the beans seem like a treat and it totally worked! She would take some bites of her pizza and Bailey would pass her a bean! :lmao: This went on for about 15 minutes!! I was impressed and promptly offered Bailey a babysitting job :rolleyes1

Very smart girl, that Bailey! And funny to boot!!:goodvibes

I tried this process at home and Kira looked at me like I was a crazy person so I guess it only works in Disney with a teenager LOL!

of course. :rotfl2:

I think only Sean & Bernie ordered dessert...

wdw37.jpg

But, what is it? Whipped cream, caramel corn and candy?:confused3

How much of this yummy food are you craving right now? :lmao:

Le Cellier at Canada Pavilion in Epcot - October 20th, 2009

Our first trip to Le Cellier in 2005 was amazing! We went back in 2007 and it was just OK (for many reasons!) so I decided to give it one more try this trip.

I made ressies for 11:30am when it opened and we got there at 11:25 and we waited for a bit. Seems like they were running behind that morning. We did, however, get treated to a confusing version of Oh Canada, our national anthem.

All the servers came up to the front and sang. The confusing part was that most of them sang it in english and the "leader" sang it in french. Since I speak both languages, I found myself going back and forth between both versions. I tried not to but some french parts just come naturally to me as I sing it :lmao:

We were the second table seated and out table was in a nice quiet corner up against the kitchen, it was my favourite location so far!

We were seated in Spencer's section, one of the nicest, down-to-Earth, talented waiters I have had the pleasure to meet!

He snuck in this pic with Kira LOL!

6-15.jpg

Of course Rob had to wear his Canada shirt today ;) He's a very proud Canuck!

6-16.jpg

Here is the fabulous bread that they bring to your table! Yum yum!
wdw38.jpg

That pretzel bread is so good! I ate that one and Rob ate the rest of them.

Kira asked me for a hot dog, so that's what she got!

Of course, she didn't eat the bun and I ate most of her fries for her, great fries here!

She wolfed down her wiener in about 2 minutes and asked us for another one. We told Spencer that she would like another wiener, no bun and no fries, which he happily ordered and brought out for us but then charged us full price. I wasn't too impressed with that but what can you do? :confused3

wdw39.jpg

I ordered a bowl of the cheddar cheese soup, which ended up being way too much for me. It was delicious but very filling and Rob finished it for me.

wdw40.jpg

Rob had the filet with mushroom risotto and he couldn't shut up about how amazing it was! I almost thought that he was going to lick the plate! :rolleyes1

wdw41.jpg

I think I heard about that meal for the rest of the day! I hate mushrooms so I didn't like it (he actually offered me a bite!) but I remember how much I loved the filet with cream cheese potatoes in 2005 so I totally understood all the fuss!

We ordered extra bread and ate about half of the second order. Rob made me put the rest in a napkin and stuff it in Kira's bag for later :rolleyes:

Other than them being totally cheap about the extra wiener, we LOVED everything about this meal.

We got there early so it was nice and quiet during our meal. It was getting very busy just as we were leaving.

Loved where we were seated! Loved our server, he was funny and personable and very good at his job. Loved all the food and we will be back again next trip!

We had:

Cheese soup bowl $6.99
Hot dog meal $4.09
hot dog meal $4.09
Petite Filet $25.99
coffee $2.19

Total with tax: $46.17 + 20% tip

Rating:
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 out of :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I have a 2-year-old, and I just can't stop laughing at this - :lmao: :rotfl: I'm enjoying reading your report, because we intend on taking our little girl to WDW in December.

That steak salad looks and sounds sooooo good!!

Hopefully it's early December when it's not so busy :goodvibes Our next trip will be done in early December, less crowds, not so hot and all the decorations are up! :thumbsup2 Enjoy your trip!

What is it? Whipped cream, caramel corn and candy?:confused3

How much of this yummy food are you craving right now? :lmao:

I believe it was cheesecake under neath that big blob ;) Where the heck is that Bernie? She should chime in here! :rolleyes:

I have been craving chicken strips for days now and when Rob saw this report, he told me he needs to go back to Boma! :rotfl2:

I am so hungry for that soup! It may be my favorite soup in all of Disney, either that or one of the soups from Boma.

Hi
I"m really enjoying your reviews!! We're having a huge snowstorm here, (outside of Philly) so reading your reviews gives me something fun to do. Kira is adorable. She has the most beautiful eyes.!!!

Yorkshire County Fish Shop and a treat! - October 20th, 2009

Dinner tonight was at one of my favourite counter service places in Epcot. We've had the fish and chips here many times before and have never been disappointed. The food was hot and fresh and oh so delish! :goodvibes

I asked for lemon, like usual, but they didn't have any this time. I don't know if they just stopped offering it or they were just out. :confused: Rob likes lemon with his fish but he seemed to enjoy it without so all was good! They were a little cheap on the fries though :sad2:

wdw42.jpg

6-26.jpg

I don't have my receipt, but according to All Ears:

2 orders of fish & chips $15.98
Large water $2.50

Total with tax: $19.59

Rating:
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 out of :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I don't eat fish a lot, and the only time I will eat it is when it is covered in batter but I absolutely LOVE this fish and I look forward to it every time we go to Disney World. The fries here are so good too.

This time we sat all the way down near the rear of Rose & Crown, down near the water. I've never been to R & C and never even knew there was seating way back there so it was a first for me.

It was beautiful back there and now that I know it's there, that's where we will eat our fish every trip from now on :cool1:

Although, we did get kicked out in order for them to set up for a private function :rolleyes:

Later on we stopped at the First Aid station because Kira had something stuck in the corner of her eye. For being such a good girl, we got her a frozen pineapple bar from a cart nearby. She loved these things!

wdw43.jpg

Before she made a big mess like last time, we threw a bib on her :goodvibes

6-34.jpg

She devoured it all! I think she would have given it 5 :thumbsup2's!

I am so hungry for that soup! It may be my favorite soup in all of Disney, either that or one of the soups from Boma.

It is really good isn't it? They serve little cups of it outside for the Food & Wine Festival but it just doesn't compete with the delicious stuff they serve inside! :rolleyes1

I have the recipe, one of these days I am going to try to make it at home! :thumbsup2

Hi
I"m really enjoying your reviews!! We're having a huge snowstorm here, (outside of Philly) so reading your reviews gives me something fun to do. Kira is adorable. She has the most beautiful eyes.!!!

Yes, apparently a lot of you are getting some snow :scared1: Stay in and be safe! :upsidedow

No snow up here in Canada :rolleyes1

It is really good isn't it? They serve little cups of it outside for the Food & Wine Festival but it just doesn't compete with the delicious stuff they serve inside! :rolleyes1

I have the recipe, one of these days I am going to try to make it at home! :thumbsup2
I have the recipe too, and it's a fairly close match, but I can never get mine as creamy, and it's just not the same without pretzel bread. Still really good though!

Cass, I have to concur on the fish n chips. :thumbsup2 It's the ONLY meal I have ever eaten at EPCOT and it's what we had waaaaay back when I won all those freebies from that club I belonged to which is now gone to rest. :guilty:

I do remember that the fish was amazing though. And yes, we sat in the back of the R&C on the patio too facing the lagoon. :woohoo:

Funny thing, when we were there Kristin also got something in her eye and had to go to the First Aid station. I think it was a cinder from the fireworks. :confused3 A super sweet CM took us, gave us 4 Disney Umbrellas to keep (it was raining by then) and quickly disappeared without us getting a chance to thank her. But, I did remember her name (Bridget) and wrote a letter to WDW about her kindness. :hug:

:offtopic: Here is a copy of an email I received from Ken's about your Honey Dijon:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

The Honey Dijon product is made only for Disney World.

This product is not sold in a grocery store.

Patricia A.......

Ken’s Foods

Consumer Line

Figures, eh?

:offtopic: Here is a copy of an email I received from Ken's about your Honey Dijon:

Good Afternoon,

Patricia A.......

Ken’s Foods

Consumer Line

Figures, eh?

Thanks for doing that!! It does figure....:headache::rolleyes:

I have the recipe too, and it's a fairly close match, but I can never get mine as creamy, and it's just not the same without pretzel bread. Still really good though!

Hmmm, now I am anxious to try it! But I would prefer just to go back to Disney myself :rolleyes1

Cass, I have to concur on the fish n chips. :thumbsup2 It's the ONLY meal I have ever eaten at EPCOT and it's what we had waaaaay back when I won all those freebies from that club I belonged to which is now gone to rest. :guilty:

I do remember that the fish was amazing though. And yes, we sat in the back of the R&C on the patio too facing the lagoon. :woohoo:

Funny thing, when we were there Kristin also got something in her eye and had to go to the First Aid station. I think it was a cinder from the fireworks. :confused3 A super sweet CM took us, gave us 4 Disney Umbrellas to keep (it was raining by then) and quickly disappeared without us getting a chance to thank her. But, I did remember her name (Bridget) and wrote a letter to WDW about her kindness. :hug:

Good Afternoon,

Patricia A.......

Ken’s Foods

Consumer Line

Figures, eh?

Awww Nanc, you wrote them!!! :hug::hug::hug: You are way too sweet!!! Thanks babe!!

I had a feeling that it wasn't sold in the grocery stores! :headache: Wonder why their own dang website says it's for sale!!! :confused3 :mad:

We still don't know what Kira got in her eye...it was small and black and she got it there somewhere between that fish place and Maelstrom which is where we went next and first noticed it. So definitely not from fireworks. That's weird that our daughters both got something in their eyes in Epcot though! :rolleyes:

We still don't know what Kira got in her eye...it was small and black and she got it there somewhere between that fish place and Maelstrom which is where we went next and first noticed it. So definitely not from fireworks. That's weird that our daughters both got something in their eyes in Epcot though! :rolleyes:

Bad thing was, is that I was video taping the fireworks and you can hear Kristin crying in the background. Don't worry though, it wasn't for too long ... maybe only an hour or so. :goodvibes Just kidding everyone. :cutie:

Thanks for doing that!! It does figure....:headache::rolleyes:

Always when you find something you just love. Like me, with my McDonalds SW salad dressing. I could drink that stuff right out of the bottle!! :goodvibes

Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom - October 21st, 2009

This is a place we've been going to for many years now and have loved each and every dining experience there. 2007 was a special visit there for us because it was Kira's first character meal and very first character meet (Piglet was her very first character ever) so we knew that we had to go back this time too!

We made ressies for 11:30am, got there at 11:20 and got seated in about 10-15 minutes.
Kira had a bit of a meltdown when we first got there so I was a little worried how this meal was gonna go.

7-17.jpg

We got a table by the window, which is my favourite place to sit and I kept Kira occupied while Rob got some food for him and Kira.

She enjoyed looking through her autograph book at all the signatures she had gotten so far.

7-21.jpg

But she had major attitude! LOL

7-22.jpg

Kira's plate with Rob's ratatouille

wdw44.jpg

Rob's plate

wdw45.jpg

As soon as pics were taken, I went up to the buffet to get my food

Did I ever tell you I was a meat and potatoes girl? :rolleyes1

wdw46.jpg

While we ate our delicious lunch, a few characters came by...

7-23.jpg

7-25.jpg

The food was SOOOOOO good! Kira's favourite was the kids pizza

7-26.jpg

7-27.jpg

This was the first time I can ever remember actually finishing my entire plate from a buffet! The meat was so juicy and tender and the potatoes were so creamy and flavourful!

wdw47.jpg

Of course, I just had to get seconds ;)

wdw48.jpg

A few more characters came by...

7-29.jpg

We waited awhile for Piglet

7-31.jpg

then it was dessert time! And Kira wanted more pizza.

wdw49.jpg

wdw50.jpg

The only thing I ate were the brownies but they were so good that I had two of them! Kira liked the brownie too!

While we snacked on the sweet stuff, Tigger came by again....

7-32.jpg

7-33.jpg

We all left with very full tummies and Kira was in a much better mood by the time we finished. Yay!!

So far we've had really good luck with Disney food (unlike last trip!) and this meal was no exception. Food was fabulous, atmosphere and characters were awesome and the service was pretty good too. This will remain a staple during every visit!

The buffets are a good deal for us since Kira is still free!

2 Adult buffets $ 41.98
Total with Tax: $44.71 plus 18% tip.
Rating:
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 out of 5

Loving your reviews, Cass! :thumbsup2 In the CP reviews we can see that Kira has a Bolt tattoo - was that from Disney or something you brought from home??

Jill

Love this pic!! :rotfl: Great review for Crystal Palace. We've never eaten there before. Why does it seem like the buffet places have the best food?! Of course we've only tried Boma (for dinner), but we LOVE it every trip! Are you going to review food from your cruise? Keep them coming...:)

I love lunch at Crystal Palace. Between that and Boma it's my favorite buffet on property. I can't wait to eat there again in a few months!

Those photos of you all with the characters are so cute! Especially that one with Kira and Eeyore!! :) Thanks for the CP review, we have a reservation for breakfast on our next trip and it has been years since we have eaten there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter