Cass, Rob and Kira back in Disney - Food Reviews!! Completed 03/13/2010!

When we go back to Boma I plan on getting a plate full of ham and eggs...the best that I have ever had was at Boma and it is so funny cuz it is just ham and eggs but OMG it is TDF!

DH could eat a plate of that banana bread too...I found the recipe on the Dis and made it one day....there was nothing but crumbs left by bedtime!

I really want to try Boma's eggs because I heard there's goat cheese in them.

When we go back to Boma I plan on getting a plate full of ham and eggs...the best that I have ever had was at Boma and it is so funny cuz it is just ham and eggs but OMG it is TDF!

You got great taste! :teeth:

I really want to try Boma's eggs because I heard there's goat cheese in them.

There's two kinds of eggs, regular scrambled and scrambled with goat cheese. I liked the regular ones better but Rob liked the goat cheese eggs.

Rob's second plate has the goat cheese eggs on them, they also have some green onions in them.

I love Boma! Sounds like you had a great breakfast there. :)

It was awesome and I can't wait to go back!! :cool1:

Now THAT sounds delish!!!:thumbsup2

Cass, your pictures make me want breakfast for dinner tonight. :goodvibes

Makes we wanna book a trip to Disney :rolleyes1

By the way...it was MickeyNicki's amazing Boma photos that made me plan a breakfast there!!!

If you want to see some fantastic photos of the buffet, click on her October 2008 review link in her signature! :cool1:

I'm in! Can't wait for more. I've enjoyed previous reports of yours and can't believe how big Kira is getting! :goodvibes

By the way...it was MickeyNicki's amazing Boma photos that made me plan a breakfast there!!!

If you want to see some fantastic photos of the buffet, click on her October 2008 review link in her signature! :cool1:

Of course I headed right over there Cass. WOW!! What great pictures!!
:thumbsup2

Made me feel like I was right there!:love:

Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe - October 17th, 2009

We headed to MK for the evening and since we all love to listen to Sonny Eclipse in the truck (Kira knows Planetary Boogie by heart! :laughing:) we decided to go to Cosmic Ray's. Unfortunately everyone else decided to go too because it was freezing outside.

It was so busy, it took a long time to just find a table and if you've been here before, then you know that there's lots of seating in there!

The place was swarming with people so I told Rob to wait for a seat to open up while I got the food.

Now, I've been here many times before but never when it was this busy :scared1: So it never really bothered me before that the food here is offered at different stations. Well after waiting 20 minutes to get Rob and Kira's chicken strips and knowing that I would have to wait yet another 20 minutes to get my burger from another line, it really started to bother me!

When I got back to my family, they were singing and dancing to Sonny's catchy music (you can see them dance in my part 1 video :teeth: http://cassworld.ca/videos.htm)

I was looking forward to a nice cheeseburger so I got back into line. After a very interesting experience with a very grumpy CM (see my trip report for details) and a long 15 minutes, I finally got my burger.

Just as I was leaving, I remembered that they had cheese sauce and I thought maybe Kira would enjoy dipping her fries in it. I found the small condiment area (ketchup, napkins, dipping sauces, straws) but the cheese wasn't there so I went in search of the other one. I finally found it but really had to search for the cheese. It's not even marked so if you didn't know what you were looking for, you would never find it! :sad2:

Ok, before I go into detail about the food, let me post some pics...

Rob and Kira's food

wdw14.jpg

And mine

wdw15.jpg

Rob and Kira enjoyed their strips, Kira ate most of that entire yogurt by herself and we all enjoyed watching Sonny.

This is where I got really grumpy though....

Although I had read about Disney switching their hot dog buns from white buns to whole wheat buns, it didn't even occur to me that they switched their hamburger buns too. I know...how silly of me :rolleyes:

Although it didn't look very good, I don't mind WW buns at home so I took a bit and hoped for the best.

:rolleyes2

It wasn't good people. :sad2:

Sorry...that's an understatement because it was HORRIBLE!!!!!!! :headache::mad:

It was so bad that I didn't even want another bite! The bun was coming apart in my hands so I just pulled off the pieces and tried to eat the burger part.

Yeah, that part wasn't very good either. :scared:

Considering burgers are my favourite food group :rolleyes: it's gotta be pretty awful for me not to eat one!

I don't know if it was the bun that threw me or the burger or both but it was so gross that I couldn't eat it. I've had burgers here before and they are usually very good so I think it has more to do with the disgusting bun!

You can see it falling apart after just one bite!
wdw16.jpg

Rob & Kira's meal:
Chicken strips with fries $7.69
Mickey Milk $1.29
Strawberry yogurt $1.99

Total with tax: $11.69

My meal:
Cheeseburger with fries $6.59
32 oz Diet Coke $2.49

Total with tax: $9.68

Rating: :thumbsup2 out of :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

(I gave it a :thumbsup2 because of the fries and the entertainment)

That's for my meal, Rob and Kira's would be :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Dole Whip from Aloha Isle - October 17th, 2009

Rob's favourite place for dessert in Magic Kingdom is Aloha Isle in Adventureland. Like millions of other people, he loves the dole whip! :rolleyes1

While it's not my favourite, I still enjoy it and we usually share one every time we go to MK.

Even though it was really cold that night, the three of us shared some pineapple ice cream while we slowly strolled the park in the dark, which is, in my opinion, the best way to enjoy this little treat! :goodvibes

wdw17.jpg

I don't have my receipt but according to all ears...

Pineapple Dole Whip $2.89 + tax

Rating:
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 out of :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Last edited:

Thank you for the mention...I am so glad my pictures and reviews help other Disers!

Thank you! I wish I was at Boma right now...or anywhere in WDW for that matter :cloud9:

Signing on a bit late, love your reviews!:goodvibes

We're only just getting started ;) :woohoo:

Really enjoying your reviews!

Thanks! :goodvibes

I'm in! Can't wait for more. I've enjoyed previous reports of yours and can't believe how big Kira is getting! :goodvibes

I know! She will be starting pre-school next month!!! :eek: :thumbsup2 :cool1:

I know eh!! I remember reading her review and writing down in my notes "Boma breakfast is a must!" :yay:

Thank you for the mention...I am so glad my pictures and reviews help other Disers!

Thank you! I wish I was at Boma right now...or anywhere in WDW for that matter :cloud9:

People LOVE your reports Nicki!!!! ::yes::

And I just realized that I don't think I have read your November report yet!!! :scared1: I was very sick and in the hospital in the middle of November and then I got even sicker while at the hospital and was in bad shape for 3 weeks so I doubt I would have even visited the food reviews boards!!!

Wooohoooo, now I have something fabulous to read :cool1:

Hey Cass! It's great reading one of your reviews again!!:goodvibes

It is definitely the Ken's Honey Dijon that makes those babies so good! ::yes::

I totally agree! I LOVE that stuff. I can never find it at home though- I only ever find Ken's Honey Mustard and that's just not the same.:sad2: I always smuggle a few packets of it in my luggage for when I get home. :ssst:

I totally agree! I LOVE that stuff. I can never find it at home though- I only ever find Ken's Honey Mustard and that's just not the same.:sad2: I always smuggle a few packets of it in my luggage for when I get home. :ssst:

Maybe you can only find it at WDW, just like Paul Newman's Southwest dressing that only McDonalds has for their SW salad. :confused3

I guess it's their way of getting us to keep coming back. ;)

Hey Cass! It's great reading one of your reviews again!!:goodvibes

I agree! You can only find their Honey Mustard, not the Honey Dijon, which is quite different! I never thought of smuggling some home....hmmm I will have to keep that in mind for our next trip :rolleyes1 ;)

Now if only I could smuggle some frozen chicken strips :scratchin :rolleyes1

Maybe you can only find it at WDW, just like Paul Newman's Southwest dressing that only McDonalds has for their SW salad. :confused3

I guess it's their way of getting us to keep coming back. ;)

I've checked at Walmart and Target in the area and still only find the Honey Mustard :sad1:

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to post. I was reading your trip report too and it was so great to read you telling it how it was traveling with an almost 3 year old! We are taking our DS who just turned 3 to DW in 3 weeks and I anticipate ALOT of tantrums and attitude but am going to try to take it with a grain of salt and have a great time anyway!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter