Carthay Circle Menus Here

Stumbling a bit at $22 for a burger, but it does sound wonderful!!!

Well I'm actually surprised that the prices are pretty reasonable considering the high end factor and the chef from Napa Rose created the menu where things there are a bit higher! NO, its not a place to go if you are on a strict budget, but it wont break the bank either since majority of the meals are in the $20-30 range. I'm really looking forward to trying it! The sandwhiches sounds great and would love to try the salads. Thankfully I'm not a seafood person and that is the most pricey so I'm good! ;)

So I just booked lunch on July 23rd. Got a better understanding of how the WOC package works:

You purchase EITHER an entree + appetizer OR an entree + dessert at regular menu pricess, and that gets you the WOC pass. This is regardless of lunch or dinner menus. I was told the adult entrees range from $19 to $41 (matches what is shown above) and the children's entrees range from $8 to $16. Appetizers range $8 - 16. Dessert was something like $8 - $13. They couldn't tell me how it works with kids meals as far as desserts go, whether there were separate kids appetizers and desserts.

Overall, it's really not too bad though, since you don't actually pay anything "extra" for the WOC passes.

What are the WOC passes? What's the difference between the "passes" and the fast passes you stand in line to get at DCA? Was just wondering. Not sure if we're going to eat here. I personally would rather eat at Blue Bayou, but that's just me. We usually have one "special" meal during our trip.

What are the WOC passes? What's the difference between the "passes" and the fast passes you stand in line to get at DCA? Was just wondering. Not sure if we're going to eat here. I personally would rather eat at Blue Bayou, but that's just me. We usually have one "special" meal during our trip.

The dining WOC passes you are in a different more exclusive viewing area basically! The FP is the rest of the viewing area which is considered standard viewing. And thats the one you get at the FP machines. But even with the dining passes you still have to stand in line, just a different one basically.

So I just booked lunch on July 23rd. Got a better understanding of how the WOC package works:

You purchase EITHER an entree + appetizer OR an entree + dessert at regular menu pricess, and that gets you the WOC pass. This is regardless of lunch or dinner menus. I was told the adult entrees range from $19 to $41 (matches what is shown above) and the children's entrees range from $8 to $16. Appetizers range $8 - 16. Dessert was something like $8 - $13. They couldn't tell me how it works with kids meals as far as desserts go, whether there were separate kids appetizers and desserts.

Overall, it's really not too bad though, since you don't actually pay anything "extra" for the WOC passes.

so can you book this at 60 days? We want to do the WOC thing at Carthay in early August and need to know when to call.. What number do you call? I feel a bit like a newbie :)

so can you book this at 60 days? We want to do the WOC thing at Carthay in early August and need to know when to call.. What number do you call? I feel a bit like a newbie :)

The number is (714) 781-3463! We will be there June 25, I am so excited!

Hey, it's better than the $25 grilled cheese at Blue Bayou! :)

Seriously, though, I'm excited to hear reviews. We are foodies, but don't have an unlimited budget. I was really disappointed with the quality of the food at Blue Bayou, and I have high hopes here.

It's funny (to me) that I am answering DL questions for a restaurant I've never been to in a park I've never been to either. :rolleyes1

Yes, WOC dining packages are similar to the Fast Passes you get in the morning or with the picnic lunch. These are for the center section, but as PP stated, you still have to line up early if you want the best views. See the WOC superthread - which I am too lazy to link you to, sorry. The Wine Garden Trattoria has a fixed price menu I think, but looks like Carthay will be "order off the menu" style.

Booking is at 60 days from what I've told. As a WDW veteran, my habit is to book early, but everyone says you can wait within a few weeks. (They have indoor and outdoor seating as well when you call.)

SP

Made a ressie for June 23rd. They do ask you inside or outside when you reserve and I asked if we could decide once we got there (you know, the weather and wind are big factors, right?) and was told no - you reserve one or the other. So we chose inside just to be safe. I wonder if outside is good for people watching? I love Cafe Orleans outside for the river view and people watching. ;) I forgot to ask if they offer a discount for AP holders. Does anyone know?

PS - That ceviche halibut has my name written all over it!:laughing:

I forgot to ask if they offer a discount for AP holders. Does anyone know?

There was an entry about Carthay reservations becoming available on the Disney Parks blog back on May 10. In the comments section, someone asked if there would be an AP discount, and the blog writer responded, yes, 10%. I'm assuming they mean the usual 15% for premium and premiere and 10% for everyone else, but maybe they really just mean 10% regardless of pass type.

It's different, but I expected that. Looking forward to dinner there on 18-June. I wonder why a pasta dish is priced @ market price. :confused3

-Kevin

I'm wondering if perhaps it is made with a fresh fish? I couldn't quite figure that out either but I'll be sure to ask about it when we are there. :)

That's what I thought, DD loves burgers but I really wish it wasn't $22....lol

Made a ressie for June 23rd. They do ask you inside or outside when you reserve and I asked if we could decide once we got there (you know, the weather and wind are big factors, right?) and was told no - you reserve one or the other. So we chose inside just to be safe. I wonder if outside is good for people watching? I love Cafe Orleans outside for the river view and people watching. ;) I forgot to ask if they offer a discount for AP holders. Does anyone know?

PS - That ceviche halibut has my name written all over it!:laughing:

I was not asked if I wanted inside or outside when I emailed for my reservation. I gave them 2 dates and a 2 hour time range, they put me on the first date right in the middle. I made my reservation via email. :)

I'm wondering if perhaps it is made with a fresh fish? I couldn't quite figure that out either but I'll be sure to ask about it when we are there. :)

That's what I thought, DD loves burgers but I really wish it wasn't $22....lol

I was not asked if I wanted inside or outside when I emailed for my reservation. I gave them 2 dates and a 2 hour time range, they put me on the first date right in the middle. I made my reservation via email. :)

Hmm... I called and was also asked inside or out. I picked inside because it's new and I want to have time to see what it looks like inside.

I love a good burger too but I'm wondering about this. I hope it isn't the same one from the Hungry Bear just served on a fancy plate!

I wasn't asked inside or out either. :confused3 Maybe I should call back and ask for inside? I don't really want to eat outside.

Hmm... I called and was also asked inside or out. I picked inside because it's new and I want to have time to see what it looks like inside.

We picked inside as well, figure we'll be eating outside all week. We're going on the 20th!

Those bacon wrapped shrimp will be mine!

Thank you for posting. I was trying to decide which place to go for the WOC package. I am traveling with 2 very picky eaters. Know that I have seen the menue I think I will have to choose the other option.

There was an entry about Carthay reservations becoming available on the Disney Parks blog back on May 10. In the comments section, someone asked if there would be an AP discount, and the blog writer responded, yes, 10%. I'm assuming they mean the usual 15% for premium and premiere and 10% for everyone else, but maybe they really just mean 10% regardless of pass type.

Thank you!:thumbsup2

Does anyone know if they have a kids menu? We are going in June and my 11 year old will not eat any of this. My older daughter will but my younger one is a chicken nuggets kid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter