Carrying on Questionable Items!?

sahara910

Mouseketeer
LOL I couldn't figure out a good title.
We aren't flying so I am a little confused about carry on vs "checked" or what have you...

What do I NEED to keep with me?
Obviously wine if we bring a bottle (or rum :thumbsup2 )

I have a bone stimulator unit. Its a small untrasound machine that I have to use every night trying to heal a broken ankle. Can I check that? (it's not fragile)

What about medicine like liquid children's advil? or prescription like orapred (for DS's asthma just in case) OK to check?

Anything else? (nothing fragile)

We aren't flying so I am a little confused about carry on vs "checked" or what have you...

You can carry any of the above items onto the ship when you board, if you'd like. I do know that the checked luggage gets banged around quite a bit, so if you decide to put liquids in those bags, you might consider putting them into zip-lock baggies.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Carry on any alcohol or other beverages - DCL can be really rough with checked bags! Also carry-on any medications you/family may need on the first day. It's recommended to carry-on bathing suits (or wear under your clothes) and/or any change of clothing you may need/want the first afternoon as your checked luggage may not get to your room until 5:30pm. And of course always keep your ID/BC/Passport and cruise paperwork in the carry-on. We prefer to carry-on cameras or other fragile items (iPad, laptop, etc.), but you could probably pack those in the suitcase if you prefer - as long as it's padded well with the clothing.

If the bone stimulator can be padded between items in the suitcase, no reason it can't be checked.

Unless you think there might be need for your OTC products, they can be in the checked luggage as well. I'd suggest a ziploc bag (maybe double-bagged) just as protection - again DCL is not gentle with luggage.

Enjoy your cruise!

If you think you can trust it, you can probably check it. Obviously ZERO liquids because they can bust and ruin other peoples' stuff. But if you don't care what happens to it, then its probably up to you if you trust a bunch of porters tossing bags around and on top of each other and don't care if it comes back in one piece. Otherwise, if it's not harmful (which you wouldn't be able to carryon anyway) than its probably up to your discretion. I checked everything except my booze bag and my bathroom bag (with irreplaceable medicines etc). I usually carry on my mermaid shells but I think I went ahead and packaged them carefully in a tupperware and they did ok being checked this time.

I have a bone stimulator unit. Its a small untrasound machine that I have to use every night trying to heal a broken ankle. Can I check that? (it's not fragile)

What about medicine like liquid children's advil? or prescription like orapred (for DS's asthma just in case) OK to check?

Any medicine, or medical equipment, I'd carry onboard myself. Your bone stimulator unit might not be fragile, but can it stand up to being on the bottom of the pile? Here's a couple of pictures of checked bags waiting to be delivered to the rooms:
2j4aauh.jpg
30ms94l.jpg

Be aware that your checked bags may not arrive until later in the evening (and sometimes not at all). So anything you need to have handy, keep with you.

Oh boy!!! those bags :rotfl2: OK so well padded and protected or on my person :) Glad to hear there are no like under 3 oz rules etc.

We have almond milk we are carrying on so maybe I will put the bone stim unit in there just in case.

Thanks! :goodvibes

2j4aauh.jpg
30ms94l.jpg

Be aware that your checked bags may not arrive until later in the evening (and sometimes not at all). So anything you need to have handy, keep with you.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm sure glad I got a hard case at Christmas!

Any medicine, or medical equipment, I'd carry onboard myself. Your bone stimulator unit might not be fragile, but can it stand up to being on the bottom of the pile? Here's a couple of pictures of checked bags waiting to be delivered to the rooms:
2j4aauh.jpg
30ms94l.jpg

Be aware that your checked bags may not arrive until later in the evening (and sometimes not at all). So anything you need to have handy, keep with you.

PrincessShmoo ~ I always love that you post these pictures. :flower3: My mom wanted to pack her wine box in her suitcase :scared:

Been there with a bone stimulator. It took 8+ months for a stress fracture in my foot, with staying off it completely. I think the stimulator is strong enough to withstand luggage handlers and piles. I'm just enough of a worry-wart, though, that I'd probably keep it with me. Do you have a rolling carry-on? That might be best.:)

You have to keep the booze in your carryon; it can't be checked.

As for the healthcare/medical stuff, how much would the bone stimulator unit be to replace? What would your vacation be like if you lost it? I'd carry it on, too, just like DH carried on his CPAP. too much to replace it, really bad vacation (for me especially) without it. :)

:confused3 What?!? Like a shell bra or what? I am so confused! :confused::rotfl2:

This made me LOL!!!! No more time to DIS time to sail away today :) Thanks for all your help. Actually I am sure I will be posting questions from the car ;)

Anything that you can't live without for the week (like medication or medical equipment), I recommend carrying on.

If a suitcase goes missing that has clothes in it, it's a PITA.
If a suitcase goes missing that has necessary medication in it, it could be deadly.

Have you ever checked the bone stimulator on a flight. Wondering if you had any issues. My wife will be taking her's to Vancouver and am expecting TSA to question it. Two tubes of gel, a timer and round probes! Looks suspicious to me.

:confused3 What?!? Like a shell bra or what? I am so confused! :confused::rotfl2:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/923452_105636076305318_866438223_n.jpg

Yes you are right. Every mermaid has to have shells, or at least I think. Twinkie has like a net with shell detail one strap overlay, but I went for it!(Although I miss my starfish in the middle. It's the only thing that didn't survive the salt water oddly enough!? Otherwise, it has lasted me through 3 cruises and at least 1 gulf coast beach trip.) It took me at least 18-20 hrs to make them, so I am very mindful of how I pack them. Although I always end up hitting them on rocks or something when I'm snorkeling, so I always have to reglue the green pearls...*sighs* Maybe one of these days, I will add the starfish back. Anyway when I travel to the beach, the safest way is for me to wear them.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/935034_116193968582862_1435368860_n.jpg
:fish:

Have you ever checked the bone stimulator on a flight. Wondering if you had any issues. My wife will be taking her's to Vancouver and am expecting TSA to question it. Two tubes of gel, a timer and round probes! Looks suspicious to me.

My brother travels with a referee's clock, which is like a double timer with switches and lights. What is amazing is that some TSA barely glance at it while others examine it like it is nitro.

The gel won't get by most agents if it is over 3 oz.

Nancy

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/923452_105636076305318_866438223_n.jpg

Yes you are right. Every mermaid has to have shells, or at least I think. Twinkie has like a net with shell detail one strap overlay, but I went for it!(Although I miss my starfish in the middle. It's the only thing that didn't survive the salt water oddly enough!? Otherwise, it has lasted me through 3 cruises and at least 1 gulf coast beach trip.) It took me at least 18-20 hrs to make them, so I am very mindful of how I pack them. Although I always end up hitting them on rocks or something when I'm snorkeling, so I always have to reglue the green pearls...*sighs* Maybe one of these days, I will add the starfish back. Anyway when I travel to the beach, the safest way is for me to wear them.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/935034_116193968582862_1435368860_n.jpg
:fish:

Love this! Great job!

If it medicinal, they wont take it...

Lizzy'sMom

My brother travels with a referee's clock, which is like a double timer with switches and lights. What is amazing is that some TSA barely glance at it while others examine it like it is nitro.

Nancy

Not too worried about the gels size will be packed in checked luggage. It just is a very odd device and wondered if anyone had ever had their luggage pulled because of it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter