Carrying Amoxicillin/Antibiotics through airport?

kizzle

Mouseketeer
Are you allowed to carry Amoxicillin/Antibiotics through airport in hand or luggage?

Is there rules for this? Bit alarmed wether it throw up security

there is no problem carrying antibiotics...
and you can carry it in anything, but i would keep it in my hand luggage if i were you...along with all your medicine..

I'm like a walking pharmacy going through security and never had it questioned, always carry in hand luggage incase hold goes missing

Absolutely fine. I'll be taking 4 different types of antibiotics with me in September as I've just had yet another head surgery, and will still be on literally everything there is lol.
Id also keep anymeds you need on your person in your hand luggage.
As mine got stolen a few years back in 2010, they was expensive anti sickness meds like ondansatron and some pain meds, so just an opportunity for somebody.
Also if your luggage is delayed you will still have your medication to hand

I know I have loads of meds to take , plus dressing, swabs etc . At the moment I'm not on any antibiotics but been on and off them so I'm going to ask my surgeon to write me a script so I have enough antibiotics to last me all holiday, not yet sure how I will get on with sand, sweat, rain etc getting on my leg . Want to be prepared as soon as I get any signs it might be turning infected.

Do you need to have copy's of all prescriptions ?

Just returned from WDW flying from Gatwick to Orlando. Both me and my wife are on numerous medications and have to take oral morphine as well. In case of luggage being delayed we take ALL medication as a carry-on except the 18 bottles of morphine we need between us for the month. All of this without any problems whatsoever.

I took my sons got an ear infection day we flew to Europe and when i got on plane the flight attendants gave me a sick bag full of ice to keep it cold .

Another in the numerous medications category here. Never had an issue, as long is it's not liquid you'll be fine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter