• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carry-on Question

:eek:

did someone just start another thread about packing liquid beverages in a suitcase? RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

did someone just start another thread about packing liquid beverages in a suitcase? RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they? Or did I? Not my first choice--but the darned US does not make it is easy for the wineries to ship there. They are well packaged and we know what riskes we take:rolleyes1 I did have a bottle of coconut rum we tried to bring home for a friend all over my belongings once. Blech.

I'll give you a pass because you are bringing the good stuff to the deprived masses.

I don't have much patience for the people toting water from America to the UK (where I can buy a litre for 12p) however! :rotfl2:

I'll give you a pass because you are bringing the good stuff to the deprived masses.

I don't have much patience for the people toting water from America to the UK (where I can buy a litre for 12p) however! :rotfl2:

:rotfl::rotfl:DH often has to travel with someone who totes water from Germany to wherever they are going on every single trip. Drives DH nuts to have to wait for a checked bag when they are going for one night because this man cannot live without German water.

I came back becuase I was afraid it might sound like I am willing to risk other people's luggage with the wine (like the lovely people who throw a bottle of red wine wrapped in one t-shirt the top of a duffle bag and then it breaks and soaks the bag next to it:mad: I really, really, really try hard to prevent anything I take from ever causing other's trouble. Each bottle of wine is well padded in clean socks:rolleyes1 then sealed in two layers of plastic bags, then insereted in the sturdy wine box from the winery and padded with more clean socks, tank tops, whatever. The case is then closed and wrapped in four more layers of plastic bags. The whole case is then wrapped in either mine or DH's water resistenat jackets and placed fully in the middle of the bag (hard frame but alwas soft sides) with all of our absorbent clothes around and harder items like shoes on teh outside edges to ditrubute any impacts. All that said, if I could possibly carry the stuff on I would (as my only carry on and fitting under the seat). I am pretty sure they do not sell Uwe Spies at FRA once I am through security though so it has to be this way:rolleyes1

:rotfl::rotfl:DH often has to travel with someone who totes water from Germany to wherever they are going on every single trip. Drives DH nuts to have to wait for a checked bag when they are going for one night because this man cannot live without German water.

Trader Joe's 'house brand' is bottled at the same source as Gerolsteiner - they sell it side by side, and it comes from the same place. Although I will admit that I prefer Apollinaris when I can find it, even if they don't usually sell Medium overseas.

I have never ever however packed water in a suitcase, even when travelling to the developing world.

First of all, I want to state, that I consider myself to be closest to the source of good chocolate: I can see the Fassbender & Rausch shop at the Gendarmenmarkt in Berlin from my office window! :thumbsup2

Then: this must be a very crazy German person to take German bottled water with him!! :sad2: I can understand the German point of view of wanting a sparkling water (at least I assume that's his reason), but sparkling waters are much more available in the rest of Europe then they used to be in the past...

Finally, NHdisneylover: FRA actually has quite a good selection of German wines available after security. I have bought bottles as gifts there in the past. I remember that they had Kloster Eberbach wine. But depending on which gate you are leaving from you might have to go through a second security point.

First of all, I want to state, that I consider myself to be closest to the source of good chocolate: I can see the Fassbender & Rausch shop at the Gendarmenmarkt in Berlin from my office window! :thumbsup2

Then: this must be a very crazy German person to take German bottled water with him!! :sad2: I can understand the German point of view of wanting a sparkling water (at least I assume that's his reason), but sparkling waters are much more available in the rest of Europe then they used to be in the past...

Finally, NHdisneylover: FRA actually has quite a good selection of German wines available after security. I have bought bottles as gifts there in the past. I remember that they had Kloster Eberbach wine. But depending on which gate you are leaving from you might have to go through a second security point.

Yes you win the chocolate wars!:goodvibes

DH's coworker is crazy about the water (otherwise seems pretty normal). DH really, really gets annoyed when they go to Budapest. There is a 24 hours, 7 day a week Tesco right next to their hotel which carries the same water but the guy still checks a bog with water because "they might be out." I think one of these days DH is going to strand the guy at the airport:rotfl2:

Thanks for the tip on the wine. I know there is a lot of good stuff at FRA--but we really want to take a very specific wine that our friends have heard a fwe stories about. It is all good. Repacking done and into four suitcases. I was able to keep the "little" one (that size so many people persist in thining as a carry on which isn't) and not have to use a third big one (one is a garment bag--we like to "dress" on the cruise. Even the fish extender chocolates are in and DH can get out of having a carry on all together:cheer2: I have to borrow a scale tonight (note to self, look up the German word for scale--not covered yet in the intergration course:rolleyes:) and check the weight on one which is getting close though:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter