Carousel of Progress

I tried to send a message to WDW at go.com but all I got was an error page. Maybe they don't want to hear about it. :rolleyes:

I just wanted to ask when COP would be open again, explaining that we visited on a very busy day during Spring Break and it never opened during that time. I would like to see it again whatever happens.

If anyone has an e-mail to find this out I would love to know also. We are going to be at WDW for 1 day 8/23 (after our cruise). DS is dying to see COP and Timekeeper again.

I wrote Disney after getting back this past week and this was the reply they give:

=-=-=-=-=

As you know, Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress in the Magic Kingdom is operated on a seasonal basis. When attendance is projected to be at a high level, the Carousel of Progress is brought into operation. We suggest that you stop by guest relations on the way into the Magic Kingdom at the time of your visit for a current schedule.

Thank you!

=-=-=-=-=

The WDW site also lists the same -seasonal operation- but never gives any dates.

-jason

I did ask at Guest Relations and the CM there didn't know, at least not back in March. I was just told that the park had to be crowded. I pointed out to the CM that it was quite crowded and she just said "I know". I don't think that she knew quite what to say so I let her off the hook. ;) Maybe that's changed?

Last time I was there the parks were not crowded but COP was open and so was Timekeeper. :confused:

:Pinkbounc

The COP is not only open 6/22, but open for almost the entire day, not the old 11 to 5 they pulled...I believe it will be 10 to 8 everyday.

THIS IS OFFICIAL!!!

I WOULD LIKE TO THINK THAT THE WWW.CAROUSELOFPROGRESS.COM SITE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE EXTRA HOURS OF OPERATION!!!

Wishful thinking!!

Thanks

Tom

We'll be there July 7-18. Hope it's still open then. I really miss it. I'll post again when we get back to let you know if it was open or not.
Wish us luck. It may be hokey, but I love it. (like Small World):rolleyes:
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Well I was hoping they would open it a few days early but they didn't. Was there14-19 and the COP was not open yet. Hopefully it will still be open by my July trip.

-jason

We were at the World at the end of July and the highlight of my trip was seeing CoP. I was so happy, I cried for most of the presentation! :D My kids all think I'm a dork anyway, but I just love this show!

Got to go on the Week of July 7. I was so happy it was open. I've missed it with it being closed the last two times down.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

The COP has closed and will reopen in Mid Oct and stay open through the Holiday season. :p

Thanks to all.

Apparently Disney is listening and reading all your posted comments about the COP

I hope 10/9 qualifies as "mid- October"!! That will be our last day in the parks. I have been hoping that the increased crowds due to the FTP will cause COP and Timekeeper to be opened when we are there. I will be watching for this from now until we leave and while we are down there.
I just spoke with my 14 yo DS and he doesn't remember much about our last WDW trip (he was 5 yo) BUT he remembers COP vividly!!! What does that tell you?
A poster on one of the first pages of this thread asked something like, "how much money does it really save to have COP closed for a day?" My answer: Probably less than M. Eisner spends on a dinner out that day!:mad:

OK, before I start jumping up and down in excitement (and really tick off my sister, cause I might get to see COP and she won't) how reliable is this info about reopening mid-October?

Deb

Information about the COP opening is obtained from a reliable employee in the management area.

Plan is Alien being refurbished during the same mid Oct period for about 3 months.

Alternative is to keep the COP running during this time period.

I would say about 90% chance this will happen.

I sure do hope COP is open the first week in December. The last two years we were not able to see this truly great american show. Why they feel they only need it open at certain times is beyond me. Why not move it EPCOT and refurbish it ? We have always loved seeing COP whenever we could. There has been several times where we watched the show several times back to back.

Has anybody considered this? Since there are now many rumors circulating about the coming closure of Innoventions at Disneyland and the many rumors about COP's closure circulating for some time, could it be possible that Disney is planning a move back to Disneyland? It could be a special treat for Disneyland's 50th anniversary. Share your thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter