Carnation Cafe to Re-Open June 13th

I really loved the Pot Pie, in a pastry crust, it was yumm-O , too bad it's gone...
I was also interested in the dessert menu, since they we're supposed to bring back the old sundaes, I thought...?:confused3 I also have the recipe for the potato soup, it's very yummy on a cold day@

Lori

BTW- I got the recipe for the baked potato soup years ago from a fellow DISer and I've made several changes to the original recipe but I can say that it's super yummy! Its one of my boys favorites! I don't eat pork, so I can't have the one at the park but I can make DH order it!:laughing:

Would you share the recipe, please???

Ive been going to DL for a LONG time and never eaten breakfast in the park. So on our last visit, we decided to try Carnation Cafe. I have to say that personally, I was a little disappointed. I felt that we got a MUCH better breakfast at MiMi's. It just doesn't make sense to me that they don't have Mickey shaped pancakes for the kiddos??:confused3

So I'm super excited to give them another try.

well hey they have mickey shaped waffles:goodvibes:thumbsup2

Count me in as another who will most likely only get pickles & soup whilst there...pot pies & meatloaf stack (two of my all-time favorite meals in the Park) are no longer on the menu, and fancy meatloaf with edamame succotash just does not appeal to me at all :sad2:

I'm not even sure what edamame succotash is? Sounds like something on the bottom of my shoe.:rotfl:

I'm not even sure what edamame succotash is? Sounds like something on the bottom of my shoe.:rotfl:

Succotash is lima beans and corn. So this would be edamame and corn. To me edamame is so much better than lima beans! Firmer, more flavor and good for you. I would really like that as a side dish. Pork in my meatloaf? Not so much. :confused:

The fried pickles sound like a must- try!:thumbsup2

We ate there yesterday on a whim and I was so close to ordering the pickles, but I didn't. I really wish I had. We did all try the PB&J Soda though. That was interesting. Not sure I'll order that ever. BUT the chocolate-cherry Coke is my new obsession. Love, love, loved it!

We ate there yesterday on a whim and I was so close to ordering the pickles, but I didn't. I really wish I had. We did all try the PB&J Soda though. That was interesting. Not sure I'll order that ever. BUT the chocolate-cherry Coke is my new obsession. Love, love, loved it!

Could you describe the PB&J soda?? I can't imagine how you would make such a thing.

It's like drinking a grape sprite soda with a peanut butter after taste. No idea how they make it or how else to describe it.

Puuuhleeease, someone post the fried pickles dish photo soon. If it is Panko, how is it deep fried? Is it just fried in a pan, or is their oil to make it stick? Is it similar to zucchini panko breaded spears? I'm trying to get a visual, since it will be at least a few years before we can go back.

I found a good picture of the fried pickles!

376278_c_img.jpg

Is the baked potato soup for $5.49 now a cup...or is this a bowl? Mom and I split a whole sandwich and bowl of soup last year insead of each of us ordering the half sandwich/cup of soup and it was cheaper. Don't even see that option. Guessing they did away with thier soup/sandwich combo???

Is the baked potato soup for $5.49 now a cup...or is this a bowl? Mom and I split a whole sandwich and bowl of soup last year insead of each of us ordering the half sandwich/cup of soup and it was cheaper. Don't even see that option. Guessing they did away with thier soup/sandwich combo???
It does seem they are only offering the cup, although I don't believe the price for the cup is significantly higher than it was before. DH has always enjoyed a bowl when we ate there in the past, and I think it was $8.49 or $8.99. That price for a cup seems the same to me.

It does seem they are only offering the cup, although I don't believe the price for the cup is significantly higher than it was before. DH has always enjoyed a bowl when we ate there in the past, and I think it was $8.49 or $8.99. That price for a cup seems the same to me.

Previous soup price for a cup was $5.49 so that hasn't changed. The bowl was $8.49. Disappointed to see that the bowl has been removed from the menu since I used to get the bowl as my meal and share some with DH who didn't want his own cup anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter