Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the DIS.

CBR is usually pretty good at granting room requests. But they are only requests so be prepared for that.

As far as food how long are you staying? We have done WDW very cheaply when we had a cooler in the room with lunch meat and milk. We did breakfast in the room and did sandwiches later in the day. We had one meal in the parks. It all depends on what your idea is concerning meals.

"Second: How much should I plan on spending at WDW per day or total for food? I am taking $1000.00. I am hoping that will be enough or it will eat into (no pun intended) our spending budget."

We are actually planning on staying at CBR for 5 days 4 nights. However, we plan to eat in the parks for each meal. I know, not very cost effective but my wife and daughter don't want to miss a minute of anything. They want to experience all meals in the parks.

Matthew2.jpg
Kaitlyn.jpg

273 Days to go! :cool1:

goofydad, if you don't want to bother with keeping food in your room for meals, I would suggest you eat breakfast at the CBR food court. You can get breakfast out of the way before the parks open and not have to take up touring time eating that meal. The food court opens at 6:30 AM, plenty early enough. To save even more money, two people, especially two kids or one adult and a child, can share meals, either at the food court or at counter service eateries in the parks. Servings are usually quite large, and you just need to get an extra drink. This also leave more room for snacks later! Your food budget should be more than adequate as long as you aren't planning any of the more expensive sit-down meals.

Great. Thanks. We only have 3 character meals (Liberty Tree Tavern, Garden Grill, and Cinderella's Royal Table) and the Hoop Dee Doo Revue scheduled. All the Other meals are Quick Service.

G00fyDad

I typically expect that the cost for food at WDW is about twice what you'd pay at a restaurant elsewhere. It's probably similar to what you'd pay at an airport or ballgame. The following is a link to many of the menus from the parks and resorts.

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

I'd also suggest that you not plan to just go, go, go while on your vacation. I'm assuming your kid's photos are fairly recent. They'll need some rest breaks in order to keep going. We have always planned to go back to our room and rest for a while during mid-day, which you can easily do if you're staying at CBR. Have a great trip!

Greg

Yeah. My wife and son will be going back for a midday break but me and my daughter are die hard thrill riders. She will want to keep going and simply just pass out at night. :D

btw, I am very new to Disney forums (even though I have been planning and researching for the past 8 months now already) and I was wondering, what does DD, DH, and DS mean?

We will be satying at CBR the begining of March...all the prefered rooms are full. Can someone please tell me another good location...not to far from the food court. We also requested a first floor room because we have 4 kids (7,5,3,2) and a double stroller would be a pain to carry up the stairs. THANKS!!!!l

A word of caution-keep your curtains closed (esp. ground floor).
We saw some pretty interesting things in the middle of the day!

I agree with Jody. We also stayed in Jamaica 45. It's directly across from the end of the footbridge across the lagoon, making it a very short and pleasant stroll to Old Port Royale. The quiet pool was just that - very quiet and very few people there. The bus stop is also very close. overall an excellent location without have to pay for a preferred room.

Does CBR have a hot tub? I thought I heard it did, but have never seen a picture of it. So I wasn't sure if it was true or not. Thanks

Hi

We come over in June and stay at the CB for the first time! (its only our 2nd time to Disney!). We didnt have any options on room basis i.e preferred etc. Can you ring CB and ask for a certain block?? Would it be to early to ring them now for June?
Thanks for your help!!

You will need to call Disney's central reservations and they can tell you if the preferred locations at CBR have any rooms available for your time period. If they do they can add preferred to your reservation. Not sure how they would handle the additional deposit.

The resort itself won't have your reservation until 4-5 days before you arrive.

I happen to know that disney's un-official policy is that 4 adults+1extra can stay in a room as long as you provide air mattress or sleeping bag for said person. They wont tell you this unless you ask w/ that info in hand! Could save alot of money for just 1 more person! Good luck!

That may have been true at one time but if that extra person wants to visit the parks during extra hours during the morning or evening they wouldn't be able to participate.

You have to be able to show you are a resort guest. Those people staying in a room Disney doesn't know about wouldn't have the resort ID.

If all they were planning on hanging out around the resort then chances are no one would care. They wouldn't have charging privledges either.

lap1031 said:
Can the rooms fit 5 people - 3 adults & 2 children? I know there are only two beds, but the kids could sleep with my mother in one bed. I'm just wondering if they would allow 5? Thanks!
Disney's unofficial policy is that as long as you are providing a place for the extra person to sleep(ie..air mattress,sleeping bag,etc) then they will allow it. They dont tell you this when you call, but if you have this info on hand they will note it for you! Good luck and have fun w/ your family! Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter