Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Momto8, thank you for posting your trip report here. I understand where the real world interferes with trip reports. :)

Hi All!
I would like to add our experience at the Caribbean Beach. We were there in July of 2001 and really enjoyed it! It was my first stay onsite and found the resort to be beautiful and very well themed. I found housekeeping to be great, clean room, towel animals and plenty of toiletries. I love the room set up, I missed those double sinks when I stayed at the Polynesian. I would not hesitate for a second to stay there again.

I stayed at the CBR last week. There were 5 of us in our group. My girlfriend and I put the kids in a room next to us. We did have a door between the two rooms that we kept open. The kids only ate in the food court area one night and that was deli sandwiches. Friend and I split appetizers in restaurant. Scallops were yummy!
Housekeeping did place the younger kids stuffed animals on their beds when they cleaned up the room. And they also made cute animals out of the towels. Very adorable.
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Friend and I liked the Cabana Bar for one of Cathy's special Pina Coladas. Cathy was the nicest bartender, very personable and really makes you feel at home. I would go back just to visit her!

How far is the CBR to Epcot and MGM, is it possible to walk? How long would it take?

thanks

CBR is close to both parks but they are not something you could walk to. There are no walkways and would be taking your life in your hands if you tried to. Much easier to just take a bus.

We have a 3;45 pm flight home from WDW and are having Tiffany Towncar pick us up. I'm wondering:

1. How we get our luggage to Tiffany. Do they come to our room, or do we need to get it to the check-in/check-out building?

2. What time do we have to be out of our room? I'm guessing it's 10 or 11 am, so do we need to have our luggage stored somewhere? I'm guessing we wouldn'r leave for the airport until about 1:30.

3. Is there any chance of getting a "late checkout" time without paying for another full day? Our departure day is Sat July 19.

Thanks
Greg

Check out is at 11. You would probably have to store it with the bell captain. I have seen the limos at the custom house picking up people but not sure if that is where you will have to go. Hopefully someone that has done it will answer you.

As far as late check out it will depend on how full the resort is. You should ask when you check in and I think they tell you to call back the day before you leave.

My questions run along the same line as Huskergreg's.... we usually drive into WDW, but because I'm flying in this time I wondered:

Happy limo is picking us up at the airport - where at CBR will they drop us off?

We are arriving early, and want to drop off our bags first, then go have lunch and check in after. If we do that, how will we get our bags to our room?

We will be changing hotels at some point. How do we go about having our bags transfered from the CBR to the Yacht Club? Should we request transfer the night before?

The day we transfer is not a park day for us....If we need a room key to use SAB, but our room is not ready when we want to check in, does anyone know if they will give us a key so we can hang out at the pool until the room is ready?

I'm sure my questions have been asked before, and I appreciate your patience!

Sue

They would drop you off at the customs house. While you are there you should just check in. They would give you your keys and tell you the room if it is done. If it isn't you would still have your key and could bypass returning to the Customs house after your day at the park. They give you a card with a phone number for you to check when your room is done if you want to. Also if your requests haven't been met you could make a request at check in. The earlier you do that the better. They would do the same thing at Yacht and Beach. You could then go use the pool or any other things that being on site gets you.

Just leave your suitcases with the Bell Captain. When you get back to CBR call them up and they will deliver them to your room.

Not sure on the exact timing when you switch resorts but they can tell you that. Probably let them know that morning you are switching.

Then you could walk outside across the street and catch a bus to the parks or you could take the internal bus and go to Old Port Royale and get something to eat and then go to the parks.

Safetymom,

Wondering if you can help me. I've read alot about CBR, and I'm excited to stay there with my husband and 2 children (5 and 9). This will be our very first trip EVER to Disney so - I'm at a loss of how things are set up there. We'll be going in November.

Anyway, I'm curious if you know which rooms (bldgs) were refurbished.? I've heard mixed reviews about those that are sorta "run down looking". Whats your opinion on that? do you agree - have you always had good looking rooms?

Also, we want to be somewhat close to the food court etc. but don't really want to be in with all the hustle bustle.

Do you know how far if we stay in one of the other bldgs across the bridge? I think that would be a nice little walk over in the morning? I'm not sure though? How far is it?

Which bldg do you recommend? I'd like some quiet - but also don't want to have to walk 15-20 min. to get coffee in the morning time.

Anyway, thanks so much.

All the rooms at CBR have been refurbished. I don't think there is a bad room in the place. :) I also don't think there is any hustle bustle at CBR except maybe in the food court during dinner.

Martinique and Trinidad North are the closest to the main pool and food court. If you were in Trinidad North i would say it would take 15 mins to walk to food court but if you are across the bridge I would say 10 mins, 15 mins if in one of the far buildings.

There is an internal bus so you could hop on that if you didn't enjoy the walk.

If you have any more questions please ask.

Hi, what time do the pools open and close, o do they stay open all the time?

If you are staying in one island, can you use the pool of another?

thanks

Main Pool

Hours: (subject to change)
Open 7:00am to midnight
Lifeguard and slide hours- subject to change:
May 25 - August 31: 10am - 10pm
September 1 - 10am - 8pm
Lifeguard:No lifeguard after hours stated above

Towels: Towels are available at the pool. Guests may also bring towels from their room.

Quiet pools

Open 24 hours
Activities:Swimming, sunbathing, and coin operated laundry facility
No lifeguards at Village pools.

Towels: You need to bring towels from your room.

The quiet pools will close from time to time for cleaning, etc.

Yes you can use any of the quiet pools in CBR as long as you are a resort guest of CBR.

We are planning our first stay at CBR in October before our Disney cruise. We have stayed at Port Orleans and Coronado Springs resorts before and I was wondering if CBR was like CS and having to walk far because everything was so spread out. Not that I mind the walking it just helps to plan.

To me CBR doesn't seem as large as CSR. One of the things I like about CBR over CSR is the food court is right next to the main pool.

If you want to be close to both of them you should request Martinique or Trinidad North.

If you stay on the other side of the lake you are looking at a 5-10 minute walk. I have pictures and a map up on my web page for CBR. The URL is listed below.

Hi everyone. I just returned from 3 days at Carribean Beach. My question is....Is there a way to purchase room decor items like the shower curtain, bed spread, and most importantly..the Disney Cruise line framed photo on the wall. My wife and I took our honeymoon on the dcl, and would love that same print for our house. If you have any ideas...let me know!! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter