Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if my sister sleeps on the floor??? I was just wondering what would happen if they find out.. And also will they see her upon check in?? Do you have to go threw the main lobby or can she wait in the car?? I dont know if shes going for sure!

Also when I fax in the request what building should I ask for??What close to the food court and bus stop??

I saw a map post a little ways back that should give you the general layout. Trinidad North and Martinique are the closest to the food court/main pool.

The bar at the main pool was open to at least 10pm 2 weeks ago if not later

CBR wouldn't see your sister at check in but CBR is 4 to a room. POR allows 5. Sorry that's just the way it is. Don't know what they would do if they found out but why chance it, now if she was a baby then that would be allowed since there is room for a crib in the vanity area.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.jpg

That's the link to the CBR map.
As far as 5 in a room, I guess that's a personal decision, but I wouldn't do it. (Actually I will have 5, but baby will only be 1yr.) I just know that I would be worried about getting caught and it would take away from enjoying my vacation.
It would be nice if WDW would have more choices when it comes to 5 per room. In a couple of years POR will be our only option.

If you check out the map , you'll notice that Trinidad South is outside the major loop circling the resort. This means you have to cross the street to get to the other villages and Old Port Royale.

While the road isn't overly busy, it is the main road circling the resort, used by all the cars and buses that come through. There's a big crosswalk where you could cross safely. I don't think it would be a problem for you since you won't have kids with you, but I wouldn't want to deal with it if I had little ones. :D

I think you would like either Aruba, Jamaica, or Barbados. Jamaica and Aruba are the most convenient to the bridge to OPR, while Barbados is closest to the Customs House.

Personally, I thought Jamaica was the prettiest area, so you might enjoy that. When I was walking around there, buildings 42 and 43 seemed the quietest. 41 is right next to that road, so you don't want that, and 44 and 45 seemed more busy because they're by the pool, playground, and bridge. We stayed in Aruba 53, and that was a really quiet area also, as were most of the other Aruba buildings.

Happy planning!

We will have our car with us on our next trip to CB. We have a standard view booked. We are hoping to be somewhat close to our car but do not want to look at a parking lot. What do standard views look out at? Previously at POR we had a standard view but looked out at a landscapped area. We have requested Martinique or TN. Will we be close to our car (without looking at it) Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by lisareneeo
Will we be close to our car (without looking at it).
LOL :p

I was told that standard view was usually parking lot, but sometimes courtyard; but I haven't been there yet so don't know firsthand. Can anyone who has stayed standard view enlighten us, I'd like to know also.

Only a few rooms actually had a "parking lot view" I noticed. Our building was right by the parking lot (Aruba 53), but looking out the window all we could see was landscaping. We had our own car, too, so it was convenient to be close to the lot. The Aruba parking lot was almost empty our whole stay, so we had choice parking the whole time. :D

Some of the buildings are actually pretty far from the parking lots, so you may want to request a building with that in mind. The lots aren't listed clearly on the map, but they're on the outside of the villages, right off the main road.

I wouldn't worry too much about view--we hardly opened our curtains because people would walk by, and I don't like them seeing into the room. ;)

Thanks tigger. I never thought of that...about usually keeping curtains closed. We generally do that no matter where we stay, don't know why I didn't think of it. For the most part, we're only in our rooms after dark and to sleep anyhow...duh!

There are many views at CBR. The landscaping is great so even if you are on the back of the building the parking lot is hard to see. We had a room on the backside of the building at Martinique and it still was a great view.

Do you all think that it is worth it to get a water view room, or do you just prefer to get a standard view room? Opinions?

Thanks!!! :bounce:

No I don't think it is worth it. We have done it several times and yes you can see the lake if you walk up to the window but it is a distance away.

We usually keep the blinds closed since we don't like to feel like we are on view in the room or want people to see we have a computer in the room.

Since they have outside corridors and no private balcony I don't think a water view is worth the extra money. I would take the extra money by getting a standard room and stay another day or use it for other things.

Even when we have been upgraded to water view I was not impressed. Others may feel differently.

Thanks, SafetyMom!

I have one other question, that I know has been asked before, but I would just like to know your and anyone else's opinion as it applies to Caribbean Beach. We will be arriving at WDW late in the evening, like 11PM or midnight, and had thought about just checking in to an All Star for one night, and then move over to Caribbean Beach the next morning for the duration of the trip. My primary motivation in doing this is the thinking that I might have a better selection of rooms by checking in during the morning rather than late at night. Am I right in this thinking or should I just checkin to CBR late on my first night? Cost is not an issue, since, with the discounts, the difference between the AllStars and CBR is not much. For room requests, we were thinking of requesting: non-smoking, Jamaica section, 1st floor.

What do you think about when we should check in?

Thanks!!! :bounce:

I think for something like that you wouldn't have a problem. Unless you are going at a very busy time. But since PO is closing the resort might be busier than normal.

We don't usually make requests ahead of time and have been very successful in getting the room we want when we get there. We ask for non smoking, first floor, and near the food court and have gotten it every time. I would think the food court area is more requested than Jamaica and we have been very satisfied.

The only difference is that we arrive early in the morning but there are a lot of first floor rooms in Jamaica so you should be ok checking in late at night.

We are now almost 100% decided on CBR for our quick trip in early June. The FL Res rate wasn't available at POR and that made our decision for us once we decided on a moderate.

Soooo....help me with the layout.

We are smokers.
We want to be near the "main pool area" and of course would like to also be near the food court/gift shop/bus stop.
I guess this is what everybody wants though.
We don't really care about the view at all.
The room would need to have 2 queens/doubles or a queen/double and bunks if this resort has those.

Anyway, where do we want to be? I tried looking at a resort map but couldn't really make heads or tails of it...guess you have to see it once to understand.

Originally posted by marymouse
Is the only bar at CBR at the pool? And what time does it close?

I'm curious about this too. I'm also wondering if there is a snack bar by the pool. Last time we stayed at CSR and while they did have a snack bar, we were surprised at how early they shut down...

Anyone?

Ok to answer the questions:

smoking, close to OPR, pool, bus stop and pretty much everything else ...request Trinidad North bldg 31

As for the snack bar next to the pool/bananna cabana...it's about a 45 second walk away......5 min if you've had to many yummy Southern Comfort drinks!!!!!

OPR was just open till 11:00pm

It has been a while since I have stayed at a Moderate (Dec 98 - Dixie Landings). At that time you could refill your mug with a slushie (cherry or coke flavored) instead of a softdrink or coffee.

Do they offer slushies at CBR or is it just like the All-Stars (pop, coffee or hot cocoa)?

While we were there last summer, it seems to be like the All-Stars. If there was a slushie, I would have found it!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter