• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm headed to CBR for the first time -- figured might as well try them all out. It doesn't appear there is a gym on this property -- does anyone know if I can request to use the one at CSR?

TIA,

Tom

Sorry, I can't answer your question. but was was wondering.. will you have a car? If so, and if you have to pay for the gym at Coronado you could also check out Boardwalk ( a little closer than Coronado) because I know they have a gym. I usually just bring bands in my suitcase & come up with my own workout...lift up chairs in room..true but kinda funny

Why does everyone love CBR? What makes it special for your family? Will we be disappointed because we are going right before the refurb?

We (boyfriend and I) have a trip planned in January 2014. We are excited to try CBR. We stay somewhere new every year and love looking forward to trying something different. I didn't request a preferred room, we don't mind walking. And we bring our bathing suits but know in January we may or may not get to use them. We usually reserve a couple days of our trip to just chill at the resort. Sorry for the ramble....I'm excited!!

Anyways, I would like to hear from anyone/everyone why CBR is cool!
Thanks!!

Why does everyone love CBR? What makes it special for your family? Will we be disappointed because we are going right before the refurb?

Oh gracious! I don't know how to sum up why we love the CBR in just a few words. Let me address the "disappointed because we are going right before the refurb" question. I honestly don't think that you will be. We have stayed at the CBR many many times and have never been disappointed. Some of our stays were before the Nemo theme was incorporated into the rooms and then, of course, after. Recent reports show that the Nemo wallpaper border has been removed (it was in our room in May) and that the bedding has changed (they were changed when we were there in May). Our room has been in working order and we haven't encountered any major issues either.

We (boyfriend and I) have a trip planned in January 2014. We are excited to try CBR. We stay somewhere new every year and love looking forward to trying something different. I didn't request a preferred room, we don't mind walking. And we bring our bathing suits but know in January we may or may not get to use them. We usually reserve a couple days of our trip to just chill at the resort. Sorry for the ramble....I'm excited!!

If you don't mind walking, then I think you'll be fine with a standard room. We've only stayed preferred twice (once being upgraded free and once because that was all that was available). We have stayed in every village besides Trinidad South and Trinidad North. Our longest walk, from one of the furthest buildings in Barbados was just 7 minutes to Old Port Royale. Most other walks were 5 minutes or less. Even my 79 year old mother had no problems with the walks.

The CBR is a great resort to "just chill". We always schedule at least two days where we don't go to the parks. We like to relax at the resort and take in the beauty around us.

Anyways, I would like to hear from anyone/everyone why CBR is cool!
Thanks!!

The resort itself is beautiful! The landscaping is so pretty and lush. We enjoy the laid back feel and often spend hours on the beaches in either a lounge chair or hammock.

Should you want to take a look at the resort from a different perspective, take a spin on a bicycle or surrey bike or even rent a watercraft from the marina. I take at least one walk along the resort promenade every trip.

Weather permitting, there are movies in the courtyard at OPR in the evenings and marshmellow roasts on the beach too. Speaking of the OPR courtyard, we've watched the higher Illuminations fireworks from that location as well as from several other places in the resort.

We usually eat in the food court three or four times each trip and everything has been fresh and tasty. Our favorites are the reuben sandwich, the handtossed caesar salad, and the florentine soup is delicious. If they have a monkey cupcake during your stay, try it. It's a yellow/vanilla flavored cupcake with a banana cream and slightly flavored peanut butter icing. The grab n go section of the food court has a nice selection of baked goods, prepackaged sandwiches, desserts, fruit and drinks.

We drive to Disney but, once we park our car, we don't drive it again until we are ready to leave. The resort is centrally located and it doesn't take long to get to any of the theme parks or Downtown Disney.

Hum.....what else? I'm sure that I'm missing something. I have a lot of CBR pictures posted in my trip report. I'd be glad to have you come along for the ride. The link is in my signature and there are chapter links in the second post.

Cool thanks! looking forward to getting new mug! got any pics of the new mugs?

Hi - I found this pic on the DISBoard thread about the mugs that I've been following. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh272/KNovacovschi/null_zps0c983a01.png I'm glad to have new colors! If you want to check out the whole thread about the RFID implementation, here's the thread I got the picture from: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2447967&page=155

Have a great trip!

For all you CBR veterans: which village is the quietest? Our autistic DD has some noise issues, and looking at some of the other resorts, I found this to be perfect. She loves the beaches, and the sounds of water. We were also looking at Pop and AoA, but they seemed to busy!

For all you CBR veterans: which village is the quietest? Our autistic DD has some noise issues, and looking at some of the other resorts, I found this to be perfect. She loves the beaches, and the sounds of water. We were also looking at Pop and AoA, but they seemed to busy!

they are all pretty quiet. The main pool area obviously can get quite noisy and crowded, but the quiet pools in each village are always just that - quiet. If I had to pick one village though for "quiet"...I may go with Aruba.

All of the buildings that we stayed in were pretty quiet. I do believe that our room in Barbados 11 was the quietest one though. It was one of the furthest buildings from Old Port Royale but our walk was still only 7 minutes. Our last visit, we stayed in Martinique 22 and it sometimes got a little busy/noisy when the baseball team was out on the beach. But that's an occasion that doesn't happen often.

The address I found for CBR cannot be located in my GPS. It's 900 Cayman Way. Is this correct?

The address I found for CBR cannot be located in my GPS. It's 900 Cayman Way. Is this correct?

The address that I always use and it works on mapquest is:

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

@mickeystoontown -
Thank you so much for answering all my questions! You even answered the ones I didn't post (because I was so lengthy already)! I really appreciate your responses! Your input really helps. Thanks again! I'm perusing your trip report next!

@mickeystoontown -
Thank you so much for answering all my questions! You even answered the ones I didn't post (because I was so lengthy already)! I really appreciate your responses! Your input really helps. Thanks again! I'm perusing your trip report next!

You are very welcome! I hope that you'll post on my trip report. I love meeting new Disers!

That's the address I have, but new GPS cannot locate it. What other resort is near CBR?

Try the city as Orlando instead, for some reason some only recognize it as Orlando instead of Lake Buena Vista. Same zip code of 32830.

That's the address I have, but new GPS cannot locate it. What other resort is near CBR?

PopCentury is close to the CBR. You can see the top of the bowling pins from the village of Jamaica. I suggest you do as the other two posters and try either just saying Florida or Orlando.

Hi all,

we are from Australia and are staying at CBR Oct/Nov. we got a preferred room and just wondering if there a "preferred preferred"! are the roomsall on one level? if not is upper level better?

we have been to DL 3 years ago and one things that's obvious is the size of WDW is a totally different scale and while we know that and have read up on it, I don't think we are going to be able to fathom it until we get there.

happy for any tips

thanks alot

Hi all,
we got a preferred room and just wondering if there a "preferred preferred"!

All of the preferred rooms are very close to OPR and the main pool. Can't think of any that are better than the rest.

are the roomsall on one level? if not is upper level better?

All of the buildings are have 2 levels. We prefer the upper floor, but would not say it's better. Just our preference as we don't have a stroller with us.

Hi all,

we are from Australia and are staying at CBR Oct/Nov. we got a preferred room and just wondering if there a "preferred preferred"! are the roomsall on one level? if not is upper level better?

we have been to DL 3 years ago and one things that's obvious is the size of WDW is a totally different scale and while we know that and have read up on it, I don't think we are going to be able to fathom it until we get there.

happy for any tips

thanks alot

The buildings at the CBR are two stories/levels. We have stayed on both levels and, honestly, I didn't really notice a difference as far as one being superior over the other.

The preferred rooms are located in Martinique buildings 24, 25 and 26 and all buildings in Trinidad North.

You can see where those buildings are by a quick look at this map:

cbrmap.jpg

You are right that WDW is larger than DL. I forgot to look at your signature to see if you had a ticker stating how long you will be in Walt Disney World. If you have the time, I'd suggest taking two days to see the Magic Kingdom, two days to see Epcot, and at least a day for both Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. We like to spend time at Downtown Disney and usually spend at least an afternoon and evening there.

In addition to the Disboards, you'll find a wealth of information over on www.allearsnet.com.

Sorry one more question. Are the rooms air conditioned?

Yep, there's air conditioning in the rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter