• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
2012DisneyWorldBride said:
Anyone have the fax number for room requests?

Thanks!!

POR and POFQ are the only resorts that still read and act on faxes. All others toss them without reading them. It's best to call and have any room requests added to your reservation.

I requested a fridge for medical reasons, but would also like to store milk in there. What would fit? 1 gallon, 2 1/2 's? Another combo? DD only drinks milk and water and especially likes milk first thing in the morning and before bed. I go through 4 gallons a week!
Thanks!

Mommiesblessings2 said:
I requested a fridge for medical reasons, but would also like to store milk in there. What would fit? 1 gallon, 2 1/2 's? Another combo? DD only drinks milk and water and especially likes milk first thing in the morning and before bed. I go through 4 gallons a week!
Thanks!

The medical fridges tend to vary in the exact model, but 1/2 gallons seem to always fit no matter which fridge you have. They sell 1/2 gallons in the food court for only about 20-30 cents more than you'd get at the local stores, so you could buy them there after you see your fridge, to be safe.

The medical fridges tend to vary in the exact model, but 1/2 gallons seem to always fit no matter which fridge you have. They sell 1/2 gallons in the food court for only about 20-30 cents more than you'd get at the local stores, so you could buy them there after you see your fridge, to be safe.

That's great! I'm placing a grocery delivery for adult beverages :cool1: and am going to order milk from them, but I'm glad to know I can get some from the food court!:thumbsup2

Has anyone stayed in both martinque 22 and jamiaca 45? We've only stayed preferred before but with prices going up all around we are staying standard (at least we're still at CBR!). Wondering which of these two buildings people like better for closeness.

Has anyone stayed in both martinque 22 and jamiaca 45? We've only stayed preferred before but with prices going up all around we are staying standard (at least we're still at CBR!). Wondering which of these two buildings people like better for closeness.

Martinique 22 is a tad bit closer.

Silly question about the types of hangers in CBR's closets - can anyone tell me what type of hangers are provided? Are they padded, wire, wooden, etc?

I try to avoid "pointy shoulders" after I iron and on our last flight, some of my hangers didn't make it intact.

19 days and counting!! :yay:

We have stayed in both with our most recent being in Martinique 22. Honestly, I didn't like one over the other. Both are good locations and the walks to OPR were about 5 minutes each.

Silly question about the types of hangers in CBR's closets - can anyone tell me what type of hangers are provided? Are they padded, wire, wooden, etc?

I try to avoid "pointy shoulders" after I iron and on our last flight, some of my hangers didn't make it intact.

19 days and counting!! :yay:

They are the wooden kind like you see in the typical hotel room. I usually pack a bundle of the cheap $1 plastic hangers because I hang most of our shirts and, I can leave them in the room when we leave.

They are the wooden kind like you see in the typical hotel room. I usually pack a bundle of the cheap $1 plastic hangers because I hang most of our shirts and, I can leave them in the room when we leave.

Yet another great idea (you helped me with the mousekeeping envelopes). Thanks mickeystoontown!! :)

yes the mousekeeping envelope info was great! Never saw them before, very cute, but I changed mine into fridge magnets instead to leave for mousekeeping. Figured Id leave something a little different along with the usual tips so am planning to leave them a little bag of goodies along with the magnets .:thumbsup2

I am wondering if there is anything on the horizon for CBR. It seems many other resorts have had soft goods replacements, and of course, all other moderates have queen beds. Wondering if CBR will be getting queens soon?:)

I am wondering if there is anything on the horizon for CBR. It seems many other resorts have had soft goods replacements, and of course, all other moderates have queen beds. Wondering if CBR will be getting queens soon?:)

Yes, the rooms are scheduled to undergo a refurb. While there are pictures out on the internet on what we think will be the new rooms, there's no confirmation on what they will look like. I did get confirmation that there will be a refurb, queen beds and that the schedule is currently showing the refurb to start in April, 2014.

Yes, the rooms are scheduled to undergo a refurb. While there are pictures out on the internet on what we think will be the new rooms, there's no confirmation on what they will look like. I did get confirmation that there will be a refurb, queen beds and that the schedule is currently showing the refurb to start in April, 2014.

Thank you for the comprehensive information so quickly! What a friendly thread!:):thumbsup2

Thank you for the comprehensive information so quickly! What a friendly thread!:):thumbsup2

You are so very welcome! The CBR is a pretty friendly thread indeed. Feel free to ask any questions. If one of us can't answer them, someone else will come along and provide the correct info.

Just a bit more info on the refurb: Our stay begins May 24 and runs through June 7th. When I asked if it was possible that we would have one of the refurbed rooms, I was told that it was definitely a possibility. They will start working village to village until they are all complete.

Effective yesterday the rapid refill machines are active here at CBR. Mug colours are purple, orange and lime green ;-) 2.5 mins between fills is what then screen said with our fills tonight.

Cool thanks! looking forward to getting new mug! got any pics of the new mugs?

I'm headed to CBR for the first time -- figured might as well try them all out. It doesn't appear there is a gym on this property -- does anyone know if I can request to use the one at CSR?

TIA,

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter