Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been to caribbean cay playground?
Is it better then the other playgrounds on the beaches?
Because it is so lush would there be a lot of bugs and snakes?

We stopped there in June when friends werre visiting us at CBR for DS' birthday. The kids all had fun, and I didn't see any critters or bugs.

mickeystoontown said:
You did it! I can hardly wait for you to stay at the resort that we love so much!

Thanks Lisa! It was your TRs that made me want to stay at CBR. :goodvibes

Now I'm just trying to decide if I want to request a certain village or see what happens. I don't actually care about distance to OPR so I might just go with only requesting 2nd floor, which I really want.

Thanks Lisa! It was your TRs that made me want to stay at CBR. :goodvibes

Now I'm just trying to decide if I want to request a certain village or see what happens. I don't actually care about distance to OPR so I might just go with only requesting 2nd floor, which I really want.

As you know, we've stayed in Jamaica and Martinique several times and once in Aruba and once in Barbados. The Barbados building was one of the furthest and it didn't take us long to get to OPR....maybe 7 minutes and that was because we were behind a couple with a double stroller.

mickeystoontown said:
As you know, we've stayed in Jamaica and Martinique several times and once in Aruba and once in Barbados. The Barbados building was one of the furthest and it didn't take us long to get to OPR....maybe 7 minutes and that was because we were behind a couple with a double stroller.

That's why I don't know if I'll even bother requesting one. I only plan on eating there the first and last days, so I won't be at OPR much. And I really don't mind any walking. I walk all day for my job, 20 minutes or more at a time. A 5-7 minute walk doesn't bother me at all!! :)

Tried to do the search on the thread it came up with nothing!! Does anyone know current prices for the laundry machines? And how much they charge if you send out your laundry? With the first most likely being my option. Wanted to know how much change I will need. :rotfl:

Thanks in advance!!

We are booked to stay at CBR in November. I'm just curious if anyone knows if the resort has planned daily activities for the kids.

Tried to do the search on the thread it came up with nothing!! Does anyone know current prices for the laundry machines? And how much they charge if you send out your laundry? With the first most likely being my option. Wanted to know how much change I will need. :rotfl:

Thanks in advance!!

I do not know the cost of sending out your laundry. Maybe someone else can chime in.

We have done laundry many times at the CBR and it's $2.00 per load for the washing machines and for the dryers. There were change machines in the laundry rooms. If I am remembering correctly, the detergent, fabric softener, dryer sheets, etc. were $1.00 each. We usually do laundry while swimming in the nearby quiet pool or laying around on the beach in one of the hammocks.

Yes they will give you a Activity Leaflet when you check-in detailing what's on at that time.

We're not long back and the place was absolutely fantastic.

Wouldn't hesitate to go back and maybe do a bit more lazying around the resort as we were up and around a lot, so didn't take in as much time as I'd have liked. Actually I never even got to the play area on the beaches dotted around for our little one.

Stayed in Pirates Room which is one of the furthest away in Trinidad South, but it was a 7 minute leisurely stroll to the front door of OPR. Absolutely nothing and makes me laugh about people making out that you'd need to be Seb Coe to stay here.

FD

I have stayed here in the past and even May 2012 but we didn't make it to OPR.

I love the water slides at CSR and POR, is this one big enough for my dd18 and bff17? Well and me too:rolleyes1

I just booked a quick trip 8/13-16 for me and the 2 girls. (Dh and ds not coming). It is our friends first on property trip and she has only been to MK once.

I can't decide if I should upgrade to Preferred room. Last year dd hung out on beach on hammock and we stayed at the pool at Barbados. If August is really busy we may just do that again. Do adults and teens enjoy THIS feature pool?

Thanks for any advice. Going to start packing !!!

trishadono said:
I have stayed here in the past and even May 2012 but we didn't make it to OPR.

I love the water slides at CSR and POR, is this one big enough for my dd18 and bff17? Well and me too:rolleyes1

I just booked a quick trip 8/13-16 for me and the 2 girls. (Dh and ds not coming). It is our friends first on property trip and she has only been to MK once.

I can't decide if I should upgrade to Preferred room. Last year dd hung out on beach on hammock and we stayed at the pool at Barbados. If August is really busy we may just do that again. Do adults and teens enjoy THIS feature pool?

Thanks for any advice. Going to start packing !!!

We haven't stayed at CSR but have stayed at POR and the whole family prefers the feature pool at CBR. I really enjoy both slides.

We love Jamaica 45 and it's about 4-5 minute stroll to OPR and the pool.

We haven't stayed at CSR but have stayed at POR and the whole family prefers the feature pool at CBR. I really enjoy both slides.

We love Jamaica 45 and it's about 4-5 minute stroll to OPR and the pool.

I have been on the boards long enough I figured you would be one to answer for me, I almost just PM'd you!

Good to hear about slide. I could not get dd out of hammock to try last year, her friend will want to try everything so I will use the "have to go down with a kid" excuse for sliding;)

Thanks again!

OPR is our favorite and has so much to offer with the pool, store and food court and we had problems with one key and they were not taking off meals and the conseage (sp) was such great help. We have not spent as much at the center of activity at any resort like OPR. Food choices were great.

Lisa steered us in the right direction with CBR. They should give her a weeks stay.

OPR is our favorite and has so much to offer with the pool, store and food court and we had problems with one key and they were not taking off meals and the conseage (sp) was such great help. We have not spent as much at the center of activity at any resort like OPR. Food choices were great.

Lisa steered us in the right direction with CBR. They should give her a weeks stay.

Thanks for the input. CSR is my fav mod but dd is bringing her friend so I let her pick and she chose CBR, the first resort she ever stayed at when she was only a 1yr old:cloud9:

For her friends 1st disney resort I think she will LOVE it:goodvibes

I do not know the cost of sending out your laundry. Maybe someone else can chime in.

We have done laundry many times at the CBR and it's $2.00 per load for the washing machines and for the dryers. There were change machines in the laundry rooms. If I am remembering correctly, the detergent, fabric softener, dryer sheets, etc. were $1.00 each. We usually do laundry while swimming in the nearby quiet pool or laying around on the beach in one of the hammocks.

Thanks, Lisa. I should have known you would have the answer to this. I was just curious about sending out the laundry. Really don't see us doing it probably or spending the extra money. LOL

mickeystoontown said:

I did online check in today and wound up choosing second floor and corner room. Don't care which village so didn't request any specific one and don't mind walking to the bus stop either. Now, just 46 days until I'm there!!!!

Thanks, Lisa. I should have known you would have the answer to this. I was just curious about sending out the laundry. Really don't see us doing it probably or spending the extra money. LOL

You are welcome! I thought that I may have had the laundry sender-outer carbon copy list thingie (that's the long version/name for the slip on the laundry bag they leave in the sink area of the rooms :lmao:) in some of my vacation "stuff" from our May trip but I didn't see it there. Like I said, we usually do our laundry while lounging around the resort which is so much better than what I do when laundry is done at home.

I did online check in today and wound up choosing second floor and corner room. Don't care which village so didn't request any specific one and don't mind walking to the bus stop either. Now, just 46 days until I'm there!!!!

Sounds like you're going into this CBR stay with the right frame of mind. You'll be happy no matter where your room is located. There's no need to worry about the walk to the bus stops either since there's one in each village.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter