Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family of 3 just returned from CBR. We are annual pass holders so we had the pass holder discount. We arrived Saturday July 6th around 930 am and was greeted promptly and had no wait. Checked out July 12th. We lucked out and got at preferred room at Trinidad North, corner room 3160.We were a 3 minute walk to Port Royale. The room was ok. Clean but needs updated. I do say it is time for a refurb. The air conditioning worked great. We still had a fridge but on Wed night housekeeping knocked on our door and said something about the fridge but never turned it off or came back. The only complaint is the wi-fi was very spotty especially late at night and did not work at the Trinidad pool area.Food court was good but again late at night it was depleted to nothing. We also had a few of the Brazilian tour groups staying there and they only time I noticed them was the last night on the bus back from MK and 1 night I was doing laundry and they over took the facilities.The Brazilian tour groups is a whole other thread!

What buildings can you request that aren't preferred? And when you do online check in do request certain areas again?

Hi, Everyone

What is the best way to get from CBR to the Dolphin to pick up my car rental?

Shuttle is only for the Car Care Ctr. Price difference between the two just about $40. So, I choose the Dolphin.

I set pick up time for 8:30 am.

Hi, Everyone

Shuttle is only for the Car Care Ctr. Price difference between the two just about $40. So, I choose the Dolphin.

Taxi would be your best bet.

But you could also take a bus to DHS, then either walk or take the boat to the Dolphin.

Hi, Everyone

If you want to avoid paying for a cab you could take a bus to Disney Studios and the boat from there to the Dolphin. Or you could make your way to any park and take the bus to the Dolphin from there.

We will do the same this year. I do remember though having a hard time getting to the Dolphin once - we made the mistake to go to Epcot (to take the boat between Epcot and DS which stops at the Dolphin) and I didn't realize that you have to go to the international gateway for that. As we didn't have park tickets for that day it turned into a major production.

What buildings can you request that aren't preferred? And when you do online check in do request certain areas again?

We've never done online check in. But If you look at the resort map and request the buildings directly over the bridge in Jamaica and Aruba, those are the closest. We stayed in Aruba 54 at the beginning of the month and it was a great location! :thumbsup2

My family of 3 just returned from CBR. We are annual pass holders so we had the pass holder discount. We arrived Saturday July 6th around 930 am and was greeted promptly and had no wait. Checked out July 12th. We lucked out and got at preferred room at Trinidad North, corner room 3160.We were a 3 minute walk to Port Royale. The room was ok. Clean but needs updated. I do say it is time for a refurb. The air conditioning worked great. We still had a fridge but on Wed night housekeeping knocked on our door and said something about the fridge but never turned it off or came back. The only complaint is the wi-fi was very spotty especially late at night and did not work at the Trinidad pool area.Food court was good but again late at night it was depleted to nothing. We also had a few of the Brazilian tour groups staying there and they only time I noticed them was the last night on the bus back from MK and 1 night I was doing laundry and they over took the facilities.The Brazilian tour groups is a whole other thread!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the CBR. Like you said, the tour groups are a whole 'nother story!:sad2:

All of Trinidad North are preferred as are buildngs 26, 25 and 24 in Martinique. With the exception of Trinidad South (all pirate rooms), all other buildings are non-preferred. I can't 100% remember what the requests were for online check-in but I think that I remember Jamaica, Barbados and Aruba and close to transportation being some of the requests.

cbrmap.jpg

Thanks, Dansdad and Goseethemouse.

Hoping rates will go down and we'll be able to pick up at the Car Care Ctr.

Cheaper to rent a car than to pay Disney transport to Port Canaveral. Plus, we get there earlier.

My family of 3 just returned from CBR. We are annual pass holders so we had the pass holder discount.

We are considering getting annual passes next year for our trip. How much of a discount do you get on the rooms at CBR? Is it hard to get discounted rooms with an AP? Do you think the AP is worth it?
Thanks!!

Is the campfires and movies at the CBR seasonal? We'll be there in the middle of September. It's sounds like fun BUT I know it's still pretty warm then. Do y'all know?

Also, is there anywhere to heat up water for tea? I don't have to have it - but I enjoy tea either in the morning or at night before bed - again I might be a little warm for this, and I might be too tired and too full from the dP anyway. Just curious

Is the campfires and movies at the CBR seasonal? We'll be there in the middle of September. It's sounds like fun BUT I know it's still pretty warm then. Do y'all know?

They are year round, weather permitting (rain, lightning, etc.).

Also, is there anywhere to heat up water for tea? I don't have to have it - but I enjoy tea either in the morning or at night before bed - again I might be a little warm for this, and I might be too tired and too full from the dP anyway. Just curious

You can use the coffee makeer to heat water. Just don't add the coffee. You may want to run a cycle or or two before using the water for your tea in order to clean out any coffee residue.

Happy Friday Everyone

This thread had slipped to page 3. Can't have that.

Anyone just return who can share their experience? Pictures?

I still have 130+ days and getting my fix through others.

Have a great "magical" weekend.

The new room is beautiful. The theming of CBR interested me for our trip this year but when I saw the room pics I was turned off. They currently look very dated. The pirate rooms were my original plan until I realized they were the furthest from everything. Super excited to stay there on our next trip in a couple years!:yay:

The new room is beautiful. The theming of CBR interested me for our trip this year but when I saw the room pics I was turned off. They currently look very dated. The pirate rooms were my original plan until I realized they were the furthest from everything. Super excited to stay there on our next trip in a couple years!:yay:

Hopefully, when the refurb happens, there will be queen beds and a new décor. I, for one, would like to see some splash of color somewhere in the room since it would go with the tropical theme of the resort.

I've walked over to Trinidad South where the pirate rooms are located and my walk back over to Old Port Royale (food court, marina, etc.) was about 7 minutes so it's not that bad. However, if there were small kids in tow, I can understand that it might be a longer walk.

Joining in on the CBR fun!! Since the free dining leak, we are upgrading from Pop and this will be our first stay in a mod!!! So excited!!

Just had an interesting chat session with a Disney rep about the new design of the rooms at CBR. I forgot to copy it before I closed it, but in general she said that it was being changed because of AoA. Now that there are Nemo rooms there they don't need a redundant theme at CBR. She also said they wanted the rooms at CBR to look clean and fresh, whatever that means.

I guess that makes sense. A splash of color wouldn't hurt though. Don't want them to look too much like Poly either.
Either way I'm hoping that really is a Murphy bed...I need another family of 5 option!

We are looking to book cbr Aug 2014. When is the refurb suppose to,start? Will they have queen beds? :) I'm hoping they do the Murphy beds like POR for families of 5!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter