Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well....... Here goes my story:

My husband and I are going to WDW 9/24/13 to 10/1/13. I called first thing last Thursday when free dining was offered to GP. I booked ASMu which is what my DH and I agreed on financially. We have always stayed at CBR except I think 3 times. We love CBR! It was our first on site resort and we fell in love with the place!! Well, This past Saturday I really really got the urge to stay at CBR. I called to see if I could get a room with the free dining package and the CM tried and said he had help from the "Big Mouse" :-)lovestruc Whom I love dearly!:worship:) and was able to find us a room!!! :goodvibes:upsidedow:thumbsup2

Here's the clincher: We just had our 30th Anniversary in April and are going to celebrate while in WDW!! I am going to take money weekly and send it to WDW and I am not telling DH I have changed resorts!! :crazy2: A big Surprise! I am not going to tell him until we have to get on the DME since he will find out then when we get in the line for CBR!! This is so hard to keep from him but I am going to try so very hard!

I keep talking about places we had TS at previously and which ones he liked the best because he thinks we are at the value and only get QS dining. So I have made all our ressies and hope he's happy with them all!!

Hope he likes my surprise which I think he will!

Just trying to keep the secret! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I am excited, even though we will be at Disney during Memorial day weekend(which we did not realize until last week). We have not been in over four years and it is our first moderate resort. Does anyone have any suggestions of nearby hotels that are decent to stay at? We want to drive up the night before that way we are already up in Orlando our first day. Not looking for anything fancy, just a place to sleep that is not run down.

I love CBR!!! But now I'm second guessing it. if that's the only covers they have on the bed-I don't know if I'll like that. I get cold super easy. They look like undone beds.

We have never stayed at Caribbean Beach but plan to in Sept. What rooms are near dining and bus stops? Last year we stayed at AOA and felt like the walk to LM was sooooo long after all day in the parks. I look forward to staying somewhere new again. This will be out fifth resort to try out. I like trying new ones!
Thanks!

We have never stayed at Caribbean Beach but plan to in Sept. What rooms are near dining and bus stops? Last year we stayed at AOA and felt like the walk to LM was sooooo long after all day in the parks. I look forward to staying somewhere new again. This will be out fifth resort to try out. I like trying new ones!
Thanks!

If you book a preferred room you will be near the food court, and there is a bus stop right there as well. I stayed at CBR in December, in a standard room, and I wouldn't do that again. I would book preferred.

That's just....well, a bad decision by Disney. How can they possibly call it a "Finding Nemo" themed room when the only Nemo decor is a boarder that goes around the ceiling?

Very sad. :sad2:

I like it. It was a bit too busy before with the bright cover and the cushion. Looked a bit dated IMO.

The room looks more like a moderate resort now! I was thinking last night that CBR needed some love.

We might be staying there for a week next Feb after all :)

I like it. It was a bit too busy before with the bright cover and the cushion. Looked a bit dated IMO.

The room looks more like a moderate resort now! I was thinking last night that CBR needed some love.

We might be staying there for a week next Feb after all :)

I agree with you Sparkly..

I have been watching this thread become a big debate about the colour of bed covers but let's be fair - is that really the most important thing about a holiday?

The colour of the bed covers do not bother me at all. As long as they are clean that's the most important thing.

Also - we are going to be in WDW with so many magical and fun times to be had with our loved ones - the bed covers are way down on my list of priorities! I will hardly be in the room anyway! Too much other interesting things to explore! :banana:

Thanks!

Jamaica 45, Aruba 51, Martinique 21, 22 and 23 are all a 5 minute walk to the food court and main pool. Every village has it's own bus stop so you're never far from one no matter where your room is.:thumbsup2

I have been watching this thread become a big debate about the colour of bed covers but let's be fair - is that really the most important thing about a holiday?

The colour of the bed covers do not bother me at all. As long as they are clean that's the most important thing.

For me, the theming of the resort is part of the fun of staying at a Disney resort. The fact that they were all out, this is our theme we are going to run with it. I will be very disappointed if every resort ends up with plain, white bedding. I dislike what I have seen of the new Poly rooms--they look boring and as if most of the theme has been sucked out of them. I hope they don't do the same thing to CBR.

I am excited, even though we will be at Disney during Memorial day weekend(which we did not realize until last week). We have not been in over four years and it is our first moderate resort. Does anyone have any suggestions of nearby hotels that are decent to stay at? We want to drive up the night before that way we are already up in Orlando our first day. Not looking for anything fancy, just a place to sleep that is not run down.

You may want to try one of the DTD resorts. They are having a Summer sale now and are advertising rooms as low as $69.00. Here's the link:

http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com...ontent=familyfun&utm_campaign=summer2013sale2

For me, the theming of the resort is part of the fun of staying at a Disney resort. The fact that they were all out, this is our theme we are going to run with it. I will be very disappointed if every resort ends up with plain, white bedding. I dislike what I have seen of the new Poly rooms--they look boring and as if most of the theme has been sucked out of them. I hope they don't do the same thing to CBR.

I agree with you on the theming. I don't mind the over-the-top bedspreads/comforters and think that it goes along with the theme of the resort. If they were to change up the rooms completely (taking away the bright comforters and the wallpaper border), then they need to make sure that there is still a tropical "vibe" going on.

I agree with you on the theming. I don't mind the over-the-top bedspreads/comforters and think that it goes along with the theme of the resort. If they were to change up the rooms completely (taking away the bright comforters and the wallpaper border), then they need to make sure that there is still a tropical "vibe" going on.

Well said! I agree about keeping the tropical theme going! It's not CBR without it!

As long as there's plenty of Mickeys that are hidden for me to find, I don't really mind. We're probably only going to be in the room to sleep and shower anyway. We would choose a value, but Disney UK are offering free QSDP for moderates and we thought that by the time you add on food costs it's worth upgrading anyway.

Long time ago... there was rumor that CBR was going to change to queen size beds instead of double/full size... any new information about that???

Hello folks... a CBR newbie here. :wave2:

Our first stint is coming up next month. Was wondering if anyone could tell me the best location to request if I wanted a quieter area? We've booked a standard view and walking isn't a concern. Right now I've just got "top floor" on the reservation.

Thanks a ton. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter