Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, quite funny with the time difference as it's late afternoon here. :thumbsup2

Many thanks for the superquick response.

Would've been great if they did some sort of changes to the actual building and surrounding areas, but not to be.

FD

It's only 9:45 in the morning here in Louisiana. That really is a big time difference.

It would have been neat if they could have done some outside "pirate" things to the buildings but I think they were smart in keeping it pretty neutral. You never know when they might make more changes to the rooms.

The main pool and kids' play area has a pirate theme to them and there are usually some pirates found in the resort store and food court area.

If ground floor is important to you, I'd leave that request as is. You are correct that the villages of Martinique and Trinidad North are where the preferred rooms are located. Honestly, since all of the villages have their own bus stops, I don't think that the "close to transportation" request is all that important. We have stayed in two of the preferred Martinique buildings and loved it when we were in Martinique 26. The walk to Old Port Royale was super quick and we used the OPR bus stop since it was so close.

Thanks for the quick reply! Well since our daughter is 8 now, I think a ground floor is not that big of a deal. It was when we had to lug around a 2 year old who was passed out in her stroller. But maybe a better request would be the Martinique village?

Thanks for the quick reply! Well since our daughter is 8 now, I think a ground floor is not that big of a deal. It was when we had to lug around a 2 year old who was passed out in her stroller. But maybe a better request would be the Martinique village?

You're welcome! I have pictures of the stairs over on the CBR pic thread to show that they aren't real steep and hard to climb. An 8 year old (or the parents ;)) shouldn't have any problems walking up them even at the end of the day. I had friends who stayed in Trinidad North and they said that they wished that they had requested Martinique instead. So, I guess I'd suggest Martinique over Trinidad North.

Where would you request to be with 4 and a 1 year old boys?? Would like a ground floor close to lobby and restaurant.. I requested this last time at POFQ with my terminally ill mom since she couldnt walk.. ( she actually passed 3 weeks ago).. Where they put us was absolutely perfect.. Took us 1 minute to walk to restaurant and lobby and bus stop.....

I am so confused as to where I should stay this time and not sure of this huge looking resort but I am loving the pirate themed pool area for smaller kids...

Where would you request to be with 4 and a 1 year old boys?? Would like a ground floor close to lobby and restaurant.. I requested this last time at POFQ with my terminally ill mom since she couldnt walk.. ( she actually passed 3 weeks ago).. Where they put us was absolutely perfect.. Took us 1 minute to walk to restaurant and lobby and bus stop.....

I am so confused as to where I should stay this time and not sure of this huge looking resort but I am loving the pirate themed pool area for smaller kids...

Did you book preferred or standard view? If preferred, I'd suggest requesting Martinique 24, 25 or 26 as they are close to Old Port Royale and the main pool. If you booked standard, I'd suggest either Aruba 51 or 52 or Jamaica 45 or 46. As I posted above, all villages have their own bus stop so you're always going to be close to one. I'd say that should be the last of your requests.

My condolences on your mother's passing.

Here's a picture of the resort map which may help you with your requests:

cbrmap.jpg

You're welcome! I have pictures of the stairs over on the CBR pic thread to show that they aren't real steep and hard to climb. An 8 year old (or the parents ;)) shouldn't have any problems walking up them even at the end of the day. I had friends who stayed in Trinidad North and they said that they wished that they had requested Martinique instead. So, I guess I'd suggest Martinique over Trinidad North.

So, I went back on and edited my online check in and requested the Martinique building, but it would not allow me to take off near transportation and I added second floor, so that is three even though the site says please limit two, should I contact anyone to let them know the top request is Martinique or let it ride that way? Also, I noticed when I paid, I designated the card used for payment as the one to be used for extra charges, and that was taken off, has anyone had this problem before?

So, I went back on and edited my online check in and requested the Martinique building, but it would not allow me to take off near transportation and I added second floor, so that is three even though the site says please limit two, should I contact anyone to let them know the top request is Martinique or let it ride that way? Also, I noticed when I paid, I designated the card used for payment as the one to be used for extra charges, and that was taken off, has anyone had this problem before?

If you'd feel more comfortable, you could always call Disney and make sure that they notate your requests in the order of importance to you. That's what I always do. We are always asked at check-in if we want to place a credit card on file so you can do that upon check-in if you don't want to worry with it right now.

Thank you Mickey'sToonTown... I havent booked yet.. I was set on either POFQ or CSR until I stumbled upon the pirate ship pool for the smaller kids....
I will write down what you suggested, if i decide to book. I need a vacay some kind of bad.

Thank you Mickey'sToonTown... I havent booked yet.. I was set on either POFQ or CSR until I stumbled upon the pirate ship pool for the smaller kids....
I will write down what you suggested, if i decide to book. I need a vacay some kind of bad.

You're welcome! I have a lot of pictures of the resort in my trip report. If you want to have a look around, just click on the Excuse Me link in my signature. Scroll down to I think it's post 8 for links.

Yeah, there's a definite flaw/bug in the new My Disney Experience site for the online check-in requests. For our stay last month, I tried to amend my previous requests, but as you said, you can't "un-check" your previous selections but ou can keep adding new ones everytine you go in to edit it. I think I ended up with about 8 different requests.

As for the CC, I think the same think may have happened to me. I don't completely remember. Anyway, when you physically check in, they will confirm what card you want on the account for charges. They will probably just ask something along the lines of "will you be using the Visa/MC/Amex ending in xxxx for charges?"

We've requested Martinique for our upcoming stay (preferred room). What color are the buildings in this area? And how far are they from the main pool?

Is Shutters open for breakfast?

TIA.

They are blue. Not a long walk at all. A few minutes if that. They are right on the other side of food court which is by the ppol. I've never seen Shutter's open for breakfast.

Shutters is open for dinner only. It would be nice if they offered a breakfast buffet.

The rate for a room with a King bed is the same rate as a preferred room. So would this mean if I booked online and selected the King room option, I'd be in a preferred bldg? Or would I still need to request that?

The rate for a room with a King bed is the same rate as a preferred room. So would this mean if I booked online and selected the King room option, I'd be in a preferred bldg? Or would I still need to request that?

King rooms are spread out all over the resort, except there are none in the Pirate Rooms. If you book a king room, you would need to request a preferred location. And if you booked a preferred room, you would have to request a king. So you'll have to decide which is more important, book that category and request the other.

King rooms are spread out all over the resort, except there are none in the Pirate Rooms. If you book a king room, you would need to request a preferred location. And if you booked a preferred room, you would have to request a king. So you'll have to decide which is more important, book that category and request the other.

Thank you!:thumbsup2

I noticed on Facebook that there is a campfire on-site.

Where does this take place?

I do want to goto FW and goto the Chip & Dale night, but this would be great for the 1st night we arrive, before we goto bed.

FD

I do want to goto FW and goto the Chip & Dale night, but this would be great for the 1st night we arrive, before we goto bed.

FD

I think I read it was every night.

What a good idea for the first night though - I think we may do the same if the boys aren't too tired after the long day of travelling!

FD

It is done every night on the beach by the main pool. It usually starts about an hour before sundown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter