Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does CBR share busses with another resort? Can anyone give me info regarding the bus loop for CBR?
:scratchin

Does CBR share busses with another resort? Can anyone give me info regarding the bus loop for CBR?
:scratchin

The CBR buses do not share with other resorts. If the buses come in from the side entrance (buses only), the first stop will be Jamaica, followed by Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North and Trinidad South. If they use the front entrance, the first stop will be Martinique, followed by Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and Barbados.

I read somewhere that CB has a pirate cruise for kids. Has anyone done this? Can you direct me to more info on it? TIA!

mickeystoontown said:
The CBR buses do not share with other resorts. If the buses come in from the side entrance (buses only), the first stop will be Jamaica, followed by Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North and Trinidad South. If they use the front entrance, the first stop will be Martinique, followed by Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and Barbados.

Thank you for the info! Trying to make a decision on resorts. Currently booked at BLT, but may make switch to CBR (my kids choice) or WL (my choice).

Thank you for the info! Trying to make a decision on resorts. Currently booked at BLT, but may make switch to CBR (my kids choice) or WL (my choice).

You're welcome. I can certainly understand the hard resort decision making process. There are so many to choose from.

I am considering a solo trip in June( going with my sister in December) and want to try a new resort. This one looks promising. I don't care about walking so the big size won't bother me. I am somewhat concerned with the bus situation but even that can be dealt with.

Where are the king size bed rooms located?

Is there any rhyme or reason to which entrance they use? Maybe depending on where they are headed or coming from?

Is there a list or map of all the water view rooms at CBR? Also, how difficult will it be to get a request granted for a 1st floor water view room?

I am currently booked to stay off site next year, but am looking at changing to do our second week on site at CBR.
So have a few questions as we are torn between AoA, OKW (where we stayed last year) and CBR!

We won't be booking a pirate themed room, so how long roughly does it take to walk from the furthest room to OPR?
How long are the bus rides to the parks, and does it take a lot of extra time for the buses to make their way round the resort to drop of and pick up?
Anyone who has stayed at a value as well, do you really notice that the rooms at CBR are bigger?
And now the $64,000 question! Is the refurb happening, and what buildings? I really like the look of the standard rooms but wasn't as keen on the room in the pics posted a few pages back of a possible refurb room. Would all the rooms be done anyway by the time of our trip?
Our dates would be 2nd to 9th November 2014.

Thanks for any help :goodvibes

Claire :)

Glad to have found this thread... have a party of 10 going to WDW in October. While my family is staying at the Poly, some of the group have decided to stay at Caribbean Beach. I know nothing about this resort, so I have a lot of reading up on it to do! :thumbsup2

We are staying at CBR in July for the 5th time and always request Jamaica. Does anyone have an update on the Jamaica rehab? Is it just painting the outside or is it also an update on the rooms, queen beds etc.?

I tried to search for this info, but couldn't find anything.

Can anyone tell me what bldgs/rooms have King beds? Do all the villages have a few rooms with King beds, or are those rooms just in one particular village?

TIA!

I am considering a solo trip in June( going with my sister in December) and want to try a new resort. This one looks promising. I don't care about walking so the big size won't bother me. I am somewhat concerned with the bus situation but even that can be dealt with.

Where are the king size bed rooms located?

We have never had any issues with the buses. We like the fact that every village has it's own stop, plus one at OPR, because you are never far from one. The entire loop takes around 5-7 minutes from the first stop until you are leaving CBR proper.

Every building in every village, except Trinidad South (Pirate Themed), has some king beds.

Is there any rhyme or reason to which entrance they use? Maybe depending on where they are headed or coming from?

Where they are coming from does matter which entrance they use. However, if a bus comes from MK that does not mean it will be going to MK once at CBR.

Is there a list or map of all the water view rooms at CBR? Also, how difficult will it be to get a request granted for a 1st floor water view room?

There is no map with room numbers. But it's best to state your request just like you have it, 1st floor water view instead of a room number. This way the room assigner knows what you are looking for.

We won't be booking a pirate themed room, so how long roughly does it take to walk from the furthest room to OPR?

Excluding the Pirate rooms, Barbados 11 is the farthest from OPR. At a leisurely pace it's less than 7 minutes.

How long are the bus rides to the parks, and does it take a lot of extra time for the buses to make their way round the resort to drop of and pick up?

The longest ride is to MK and it was 15 minutes once we left CBR. Epcot, DHS and AK are under 10 minutes. With DHS being about 5 minutes. To make the entire loop around CBR is about 7 minutes. Before our first stay at CBR I had heard sooo many people complain about the long walks and long bus rides around CBR. After our 3 day I was surprised so many complaints were out there so I had to time things just to see if it was my imagination or what.:confused3

Anyone who has stayed at a value as well, do you really notice that the rooms at CBR are bigger?

YES! And the double sinks are great with more than one guest.

And now the $64,000 question! Is the refurb happening, and what buildings?

Currently there are working on Jamaica 44. No word on anything else.

I really like the look of the standard rooms but wasn't as keen on the room in the pics posted a few pages back of a possible refurb room. Would all the rooms be done anyway by the time of our trip?

Nobody knows as of now.

I tried to search for this info, but couldn't find anything.

Can anyone tell me what bldgs/rooms have King beds? Do all the villages have a few rooms with King beds, or are those rooms just in one particular village?

TIA!

Every building in every village, except the Pirate Rooms in Trinidad South, have king beds sprinkled in.

Thanks dansdad for all the info :thumbsup2

I'm currently in talks with my TA and if the price is right we'll be at CBR next Oct! :goodvibes

Claire :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter