Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe it but two weeks tomorrow we will finally be checking in to CBR :yay: normally im ok until about a week before but the last few weeks have just dragged on and on and on...im already packed :-)eek: I know), my trip binder is ready with all my documents, online check in is done...what else is there left to do? :confused3 I need something to make the next 14 days quicker.. oh well there is always the Dis!

on a side note - any word on the refurbs happening in Jamaica? aside from the exterior? I know some pics were floating around about possible changes to the interior (linens, paint etc) just wondered if that was officially announced....

We requested Jamaica...hope we get it....fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

*~PrincessBelle~* said:
I cant believe it but two weeks tomorrow we will finally be checking in to CBR :yay: normally im ok until about a week before but the last few weeks have just dragged on and on and on...im already packed :-)eek: I know), my trip binder is ready with all my documents, online check in is done...what else is there left to do? :confused3 I need something to make the next 14 days quicker.. oh well there is always the Dis!

on a side note - any word on the refurbs happening in Jamaica? aside from the exterior? I know some pics were floating around about possible changes to the interior (linens, paint etc) just wondered if that was officially announced....

Word is they started the room refurb in Jamaica 44. So if you're in Jamaica and have a chance do some snooping. We're dying for more info.

10 days until my first stay at CBR!!!!!:banana:

I will try to get some pictures of the refurb going on!

Last Friday my oldest DS became very sick and we were worried that we were not going to be able to go on this trip. You know how doctors can scared the living mess out of you! Thankfully all of the bad tests came back negative (although we do have to follow up in 2 months). That means 2 things 1 My DS will be over this sickness very soon :thumbsup2 and 2 we still get to go to WDW :goodvibes!

Now to start packing!

I know that feeling well. You have almost everything done and you think that there must be something that's left to do. :laughing:

Still no official word on the refurb other than some reporting painting going on in Jamaica. Hopefully, you can come back and report what you see.

10 days until my first stay at CBR!!!!!:banana:

I will try to get some pictures of the refurb going on!

Last Friday my oldest DS became very sick and we were worried that we were not going to be able to go on this trip. You know how doctors can scared the living mess out of you! Thankfully all of the bad tests came back negative (although we do have to follow up in 2 months). That means 2 things 1 My DS will be over this sickness very soon :thumbsup2 and 2 we still get to go to WDW :goodvibes!

Now to start packing!

I'm officially jealous! It's almost a month before we arrive and I'm more than ready to be there.

I'm sorry to hear about your son's illness. The doctors do tend to scare the heck out of us don't they? :eek:

Maybe you can do a little snooping while you're there and ask about the supposed refurbed room.

PricessBelle, I remember you! Your video inspired my December 2012 video! My wife, son, and I are also checking into the CBR, but on the 4th. Crazy coincidence! Have a great trip and maybe we can compare videos after!

Checking in on the 5th May... definitely going to go do some snooping on the refurbs..lol I seriously need to get my vacation list together...not even got the suitcases out the attic yet..( for shame ) Im one of these last minute-ers.. hubby asked me if I had made any ADRs this year..I was like er...sure ....popcorn stand outside Pirates ride,, dole whip, mickey ears bar outside BOG, churro stand @ crystal palace...( he said thats a no then) oh well....this year we shall fly by the seat of our pants like Peter Pan!! and see what restaurants are available. Its never that busy that we can always get in somewhere like Tusker house or crystal palace without a reservation. :)

Word is they started the room refurb in Jamaica 44. So if you're in Jamaica and have a chance do some snooping. We're dying for more info.

Don't worry! I will report to the Dis as soon I see/hear anything! :thumbsup2

PricessBelle, I remember you! Your video inspired my December 2012 video! My wife, son, and I are also checking into the CBR, but on the 4th. Crazy coincidence! Have a great trip and maybe we can compare videos after!

Awwwww that's great! Yeah we're hoping to put a better video together this year... Last year it was kind of an after thought when we came home to do so hopefully we will get a lot more on camera this year! Make sure to come back and post your video too :)

Hello All! I have officially booked my family at Caribbean Beach September 23-30th. I am so excited and cannot wait to be checking in.:cool1:
Thank you to everyone who has posted these amazing pictures. My husband and I stayed at CBR in 2000 but have been doing other hotels since and my kids only know Pop Century so this should be a treat for them.

Any input on to which area at Caribbean Beach resort is the one to request when checking in? I know Martinique was a favorite in the past possibly but I can't seem to remember much.

Thanks for your help!!!

Hello All! I have officially booked my family at Caribbean Beach September 23-30th. I am so excited and cannot wait to be checking in.:cool1:
Thank you to everyone who has posted these amazing pictures. My husband and I stayed at CBR in 2000 but have been doing other hotels since and my kids only know Pop Century so this should be a treat for them.

Any input on to which area at Caribbean Beach resort is the one to request when checking in? I know Martinique was a favorite in the past possibly but I can't seem to remember much.

Thanks for your help!!!

For the past 5 years me and my family have stayed in Jamaica and we love it:) I know there is suposed to be painting going on right now but we still requested Jamacia for our stay next week:thumbsup2

Thanks for your help!!!

Congrats on booking Caribbean Beach! We have stayed in three different Martinique buildings (both preferred and non-preferred), Jamaica (three times), Aruba once and in Barbados once. Our longest walk was from Barbados but it was only a little over 6 minutes. We honestly don't have a favorite location but, if I had to choose, I would probably say Jamaica and Martinique. I wanted to request Jamaica for our May trip (so I could do a little snooping around to see if they had truly changed up the rooms) but my mother who is going with us has stayed in Jamaica twice and, since this is probably her last trip to Disney, she wanted to stay in another village so I requested Martinique.

It bought I saw on another post that they putting in queen bed as well as painting is this true and what is the time line?

delilah18 said:
It bought I saw on another post that they putting in queen bed as well as painting is this true and what is the time line?

I have not seen a timeline. But people just back from CBR confirmed they are starting with Jamaica. Building 44 is first and underway.

As dansdad said, they are definitely working on the exterior of the village of Jamaica. There's rumors that there is at least one room that has been totally refurb...new furniture, new carpet, drapes, etc. But, nobody has confirmed if all of the rooms are getting a makeover nor have they said whether or not the beds were changed from full to queens.

No turning back. Just paid our trip off. CBR here we come!!!!

Yeah baby! Love it when a trip is paid in full. :cool1:

Hi guys!

In 14 years of going to WDW, we've done something we've never done before...made a decision for a last minute trip. We're going during the third week of May. I never do anything without thorough planning, so this is really freaking me out, lol.

Anyway, because we're only a month away from our trip, we missed out on resort discounts, so no deluxe for us this year. We've decided to try CB...please tell me I won't miss the deluxes too bad!

I've booked a preferred room, but I'd still like to put in some requests. My priorities are:

1. fairly close walk to a bus stop
2. nice ambiance - doesn't necessarily have to be water view, but just not blacktop.
3. being close to a pool is nice, but not necessary...this will be a short 5-night trip, so I'm not sure we'll be able to make it to the pool.
4. proximity to the play area is not an issue

Which area/building should I request?

Also, is Shutters any good? Thinking about eating there for breakfast one morning...what time do they open?

Any advice on making the most of this resort will be very much appreciated.

TIA! :)

Hi guys!

In 14 years of going to WDW, we've done something we've never done before...made a decision for a last minute trip. We're going during the third week of May. I never do anything without thorough planning, so this is really freaking me out, lol.

Anyway, because we're only a month away from our trip, we missed out on resort discounts, so no deluxe for us this year. We've decided to try CB...please tell me I won't miss the deluxes too bad!

I've booked a preferred room, but I'd still like to put in some requests. My priorities are:

1. fairly close walk to a bus stop
2. nice ambiance - doesn't necessarily have to be water view, but just not blacktop.
3. being close to a pool is nice, but not necessary...this will be a short 5-night trip, so I'm not sure we'll be able to make it to the pool.
4. proximity to the play area is not an issue

Which area/building should I request?

Also, is Shutters any good? Thinking about eating there for breakfast one morning...what time do they open?

Any advice on making the most of this resort will be very much appreciated.

TIA! :)

I would say that Martinique 26 will put you close to the OPR bus stop, the main pool and the food court. IMHO when staying at a moderate the view is irrelevant. There is no balcony, your room opens right up to the outside walkway. The only way to see any kind of view is to have the blinds open which puts everyone in the room on display to anyone walking by. Also at CBR especially, if our room ever faced the parking lot there is so much lush vegetation between the buildings and the parking lot that it's very pretty.

Our last couple trips we have eaten at Shutters and really enjoyed it. It used to get a bad rap a few years ago, but they got a new head chef about 2 years ago and you can tell.

I hope you enjoy CBR as much as we do. It is our favorite moderate. The relaxed, laid back atmosphere is such a nice change from the craziness of the parks. We usually schedule 1.5-2 days to just enjoy the resort. We like to rent the surrey bikes or just stroll around the lake. The resort is gorgeous. We also like to grab a drink and sit on the Martinique beach and watch the higher illuminations fireworks. You can definitely hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter