Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by safetymom, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunnyday3

Sunnyday3 Mouseketeer

This will be our first stay at CBR in Aug. We requested a Preferred Room. Has anyone had good luck with the preferred room here? I'm hoping it won't be too noisy.

The last two times we stayed at Coronado, then Movies. I'm hoping we love CBR!
    pirate:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Did you book a preferred? Or did you book a standard and requested a preferred location? If you have booked a standard, it's highly unlikely that you will get a preferred location by request.

If you booked a standard, might I suggest requesting either Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. Both of those locations are great and are as close as you can get to OPR and the main pool without paying for preferred.

No matter where you are, you won't have to worry about it being noisy. CBR is one of the more peaceful and relaxed resorts that we have stayed. It's our favorite moderate for that reason.

4. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I hope all of you that have upcoming stays at CBR have a wonderful time! I am very jealous as a trip "home" is not in the cards for 2013. :sad2::sad1:

5. pktbMouse

pktbMouse DIS Veteran

We have payed for a prefered room the past three years and have never heard a peep from anyone or anything, it was always so peaceful and quiet. It suddenly dawned on us that we really dont need to pay for a preffered room as we are always walking over the bridge anyways to the playground and it seemed like no big deal to us...so this year for the first time we chose a standard room, and requested jamaica or aruba. Like previous posters said...4 mins across the bridge...why pay the extra cash unless you want to be right there by the pool which dosnt bother us too much. This truly is a very peacful and relaxing resort... 9 weeks 6 days and counting..

6. Sofaman

Sofaman Earning My Ears

We have stayed at the CBR the past 3 yrs and we love the resort! We plan on comming back in April this year. In the past we only did Disney parks but now that the kids are a little older we want to go to Universal for 2 days. Does anyone know what would be the best way to get there without spending a fourtune. Do you think it would be cheeper to rent a car for the week or take a cab from the carriage house?

7. nessz79

nessz79 DIS Veteran

I hope you're having a great time! :cool1:

8. Sunnyday3

Sunnyday3 Mouseketeer

We actually booked preferred. We learned our lesson at Coronado. It was a loooong walk to fill up our refillable mug in the August heat! :rotfl2:

Thanks for the info - I'm looking forward to our first stay there!

9. cowcrazy65

cowcrazy65 Mouseketeer

In our hotel in NY raining out...May turn to freezing rain, hope not since we fly out at 5am! :scared: Hopefully all goes well and can be checked in to CBR midday tomorrow!!! So excited 9 days of DISNEY!!!!:cool1: First time for my DH!:goodvibes

10. taylorali

taylorali Earning Our Ears ~ Growing Old Together

So my fiance & I are going to Disney to celebrate our 6 year anniversary this year, and 1 year engagement, plus to start planning our wedding. Based on the fact that we reallyyyyy need to start saving money, we chose a moderate resort. I've been going to Disney World since I was a child so I've stayed in almost every single resort, but this one is new for me!

I am so excited for the pool especially! And even walking the grounds! I just think for a couple it can be so romantic.

Does anyone know if they have breakfast room service? When we called Disney to ask if they did, the woman said yes, but I have no seen any information having to do with this anywhere. (Minus the pizza delivery which I'm sure is no good-I'm a New Yorker. The only pizza I'll eat in Disney World is at Via Napoli in Italy at Epcot!)

The reason I ask is because I have Crohn's Disease-and sometimes-especially after getting medication, I need to just rest and eat something light. If anyone knows it'd be a great help for us.

Thanks!! :tigger:

11. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

No, there is no room service provided at any of the moderates or values. Only at the deluxes.

12. Sammy

Sammy DIS Veteran

Leaving for our first trip to CBR in 8 hours and I can't wait to escape all the yucky weather we've been having in NH!!!!! :cool1:

13. taylorali

taylorali Earning Our Ears ~ Growing Old Together

Oh well. I am sure we will figure something out. Thanks though :) Strange that the woman on the phone would tell us such. Can't wait to go! :tigger:

14. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Looks like your fiance will be making a breakfast run to OPR for you.:thumbsup2

Actually, I would find it strange if a phone CM gave you correct information. Always, always come to the DIS first for any questions.:rotfl2:

15. BamaGirl

BamaGirl Mouseketeer

I would buy some snacks to have in the room. That way if you need something it is there and you don't have to wait. There is a fridge in the room. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

16. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Found my Prince Charming!

I haven't booked yet as I may have to adjust the dates (we won't know until next week which set of dates we can go) but I'm so excited to stay at CBR for the first time very soon! I've only ever stayed at POP on property, but thanks to Lisa (Mickeystoontown) I have fallen in love with this resort without having ever stayed there!

17. RHMH

RHMH FTW Texas

Sammy - Have a Super Vacation. Keep us posted, looking forward to reading your trip report.

18. ShellChelle

ShellChelle Mouseketeer

Actually, there is a limited in-room dining service menu at Coronado Springs Resort. It is the only mod that I know of with room service. A sample menu can be found here: http://allears.net/menu/menu_csr.htm

Enjoy your trip!

19. *~PrincessBelle~*

*~PrincessBelle~* DIS Veteran

We had planned to do a split stay this spring with 2 nights at CBR/ 6 nights at ASMo and we just changed and extended our stay at CBR...im so pumped! :cool1: Now I get 4 whole nights at CBR...im so excited this is a first stay for me and the resort just looks so beautiful and relaxing...

Im a little nervous because we booked through RunDisney (at a discounted rate) since were running the Everest Challenge and they only had standard rooms available - no preferred. Im sure the walk wont be that bad... is CBR larger than CSR? I found that walk to be brutal when I stayed there last year...either way I request Jamaica 45 just in case although I did see they were doing some refurb of those buildings when im there..hopefully is just exterior work and the rooms wont be effected.

eeekkkkk! Sooooo Excited!!

20. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Whoohoo! That's awesome. CBR is our favorite moderate. I have never stayed at CSR, so don't know how it compares. But I will say that at CBR, unless you are in the Pirate rooms (which if you've booked standard you won't be) you at the most will have a 5-7 minute walk to OPR. If you happen to get Jamaica 45, it will under 5 minutes. If when you check in, you weren't able to get Jamaica 45 ask for Aruba 51 as it is just as close.

Also they are only updating the exterior of Jamaica.

21. *~PrincessBelle~*

*~PrincessBelle~* DIS Veteran

Perfect! Thanks for the confirmation on the refurb and the tip on Aruba...I will make note of that for check-in just in case :thumbsup2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.