Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to thank Mickeystoontown for the links to her awesome CBR photos...we decided to book the resort for our last-minute trip thanks to her! We leave on Wednesday for a quick 5 night stay. We are looking forward to a relaxing trip this time, spending more time enjoying resort vs. commando at the parks. Can't wait!!

PS: This is also a shameless plug for my 3,000th post! :cool1:

7 days to go until we are at CBR!!

We have wanted to stay at CBR for years but always ended up picking another resort. If you haven't watched the CBR video from allears yet, you are in for a real treat! It looks amazing and relaxing, just what we're looking for during vacation!

I see from your tcker that you have just one more day until your vacation. Take lots of pictures of the CBR and have a great time!

helloooooo my old CBR friends...nice to see you again Mickeystoontown...we are currently booked for ASMu but as per usual we are hoping to upgrade to our beloved CBR. We have been looking at other resorts such as POR but they just dont have the pull for us. What I was wondering was, we are trying to make the budget this year stretch to a pirate room and wondered if anyone had pictures of the trinidad south? north? pool that is up there where the pirate rooms are?? any other advice about these rooms would be welcome. We would have loved to been able to afford AK this year but just cant do it sadly so mabey the pirate rooms would appease the kids a little bit. ( hopefully) by next week we will know if we cann afford them or not.

Hey there! :wave2: I don't have any specific pirate room pictures but I will be posting pictures of Trinidad South (where the pirate rooms are) coming up in my trip report either later today or tomorrow. Keep an eye out for them by using the link to my trip report.

Just wanted to thank Mickeystoontown for the links to her awesome CBR photos...we decided to book the resort for our last-minute trip thanks to her! We leave on Wednesday for a quick 5 night stay. We are looking forward to a relaxing trip this time, spending more time enjoying resort vs. commando at the parks. Can't wait!!

PS: This is also a shameless plug for my 3,000th post! :cool1:

Your welcome and congrats on the 3,000th post! I have lots more pictures of the resort coming up in my trip report either later today or tomorrow.

7 days to go until we are at CBR!!

We have wanted to stay at CBR for years but always ended up picking another resort. If you haven't watched the CBR video from allears yet, you are in for a real treat! It looks amazing and relaxing, just what we're looking for during vacation!

1 Day Fellow Diser...:cool1: Have fun and tell Minnie and Mickey hello from the Dis Board.......:rotfl2:

Planning a surprise Disney trip this summer. Trying to talk DH into taking advantage of the spring discounted rooms and go in June. Thinking of staying at CBR in a preferred room. This board is definitely making me excited!!

Planning to book a preferred room, requesting Martinique. Would you request a certain building still? Would it be possible to get a water view preferred room?

Planning to book a preferred room, requesting Martinique. Would you request a certain building still? Would it be possible to get a water view preferred room?

Yes it's possible to get a water view in a preferred room. Because of it's orientation, I believe Martinique 25 has the most water view rooms for looking at the lake. Martinique 24 has the most rooms overlooking the quiet pool. Both pool and lake views are considered water views. :thumbsup2

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

We'll be there soon too! Our first time staying at a moderate. I am so excited!! Hope it's warm enough for the boys to enjoy the kid's water play area. Heh. Even if it's not hot I bet they'll still attempt it. :)

:beach:

A little bummed. We had to change our reservations. My MIL won't be able to watch the kids so I am changing it to a family vacation we will be staying at POP now. Need 2 rooms and we can afford POP. Not giving up on CBR though. I will make it one day. :)

We will arrive the 8th of June but I am not happy as our friends are going the week before at $89 each way flight. A week later we pay almost $700. Nuts? Anyone know of a cheep flight for June 8th from Chicago to Orlando? Boo Hoo Boo Hoo.

HiHoOffWeGo said:
We will arrive the 8th of June but I am not happy as our friends are going the week before at $89 each way flight. A week later we pay almost $700. Nuts? Anyone know of a cheep flight for June 8th from Chicago to Orlando? Boo Hoo Boo Hoo.

Yikes! This is why we're driving this time around!

HiHoOffWeGo said:

They say the best day to buy tickets is on Tuesday at 3pm and the best day to fly is Wednesday. That is a crazy difference.

well we did it...we added up the vacation fund and managed to jump ship today from the ASMu to our beloved CBR! We didnt manage to make the pirate room, just a standard room but we are overjoyed that we managed to stretch the budget to get in CBR we love it so much. We requested either Aruba or Jamaica....( for some funny reason she just laughed and said "em NO maam" when I wanted to request a pirate room..lol) oh well cant blame a gal for trying right?? heheh We will be arriving May 5th till May 11th and are flying this year instead of driving. Our 4 yr old is desperate to get on a plane so he will be so excited to find out hes finally getting to fly. 10 weeks to go!! we cant wait. We havnt told the kids yet, for obvious reasons of not having our ears chewed of with "are we going yet" we will wait till a little nearer the time.. ahhhhh CBR...Im coming back to see youuuuuuuuuu my little piece of paradise in the sun.:)

I just booked our September trip for CBR. We've stayed the last 2 times at POFQ, but wanted to try something different this time around. Looking forward to it!

We just got back from a week at CBR (February 13th - 20th) had stayed here twice before, but switched to POFQ last year. Returning to CBR waS HEAVEN! I love the CBR even more now. We had a great trip. The resort was absolutely beautiful. Housekeeping was incredible. Pool was so much fun. There wasn't one negative about staying here. The busses were there every 10-15 minutes. We NEVER waited for a bus. We stayed at Jamaica building 44. Perfect location. We rented a boat one afternoon and drove around the neighboring waterways. We only had a 5 minute walk across Caribbean Cay to Old Port Royale. Food court was so good. Never crowded and always great cast members. I envy you all and your upcoming trips. Soak up every minute...the Disney hangover hits hard :rolleyes2

We arrive Saturday morning for our week long stay at CBR. This is our first stay. We are excited to try it out. :) Kelli

kkacar said:
We arrive Saturday morning for our week long stay at CBR. This is our first stay. We are excited to try it out. :) Kelli

I go March 31st for m'y First Stay at CBR! I cannot wait to get there

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter