• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
pumpkinpatchquilter said:
I started a thread with this question but maybe I can get a better answer here, you sound like you know what's happenin'!! :)

We are staying for the first time at CBR (first time in Disney ever too!) and I've really never stayed at anything other than a Howard Johnson's. Lol* I keep reading that you can see the fireworks from Epcot's Illuminations in the Martinique rooms...is this true? What kind of view can you expect to have from those rooms? Also, we have a standard room booked, can I ask when we arrive for a room in one of the Martinique buildings you suggested above where we might see these fireworks in the evening?

Thanks!

No, it's not true that a room in Martinique will necessarily give you a view of IllumiNations.

Epcot's World Showcase is roughly across the street and northwest of CBR. Martinique (like most of the the other villages) has six numbered guest room buildings, and each of those buildings is actually comprised of four smaller buildings. Each of those smaller buildings is square and has guest rooms on all four sides. I explain this detail to help you understand why it's not possible that all rooms in any village could all provide the same view of anything.

Choosing a room that has a view of IllumiNations is nearly impossible. It's a room that has an unobstructed view to the northwest this means unobstructed by other buildings, but also unobstructed by trees.

The other problem with the "view" from any room in CBR or WDW's other three Moderate resorts is that the door and windows open to an exterior corridor. This means people are walking by. And if you have your curtains wide open to enjoy the view, then everyone walking by has a good view of you.

That is absolutely ridiculous!!! :(
I would have lost my cool!
They should have done more to make it easier!!!

What else could they have done? The moved them to first floor when they saw it was a need and not a want. At most resorts if you want to be near the food court you have to pay for that location. They won't just give it for free.

Oh, and at POR (where that poster was) all the preferred buildings do not have elevators. But all the mansion buildings do have them. I just thought of that. Just shows that you really need to research the resort you are thinking about staying at, and know all the ins and outs if you have special needs.

[Thanks for the information about king rooms. I heard that if you pay the extra money for one, you can request the other as well on your reservation, and I believe that is what you are saying too. So thanks for confirming that! :)

I know that we don't care which building we are in, but that was just looking to see if there was anything specific we should ask for! I know king beds are booked much less so it's hard to know where any of them are..just hoping for a view of the lake, then, or at least just not a parking lot or dumpster, lol :D

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You can't book the combination of a king-size bed room with a water view ... you can book one and then request the other, but you definitely can't guarantee both.

All villages except Trinidad South have some king-size bed rooms; they're not in any pattern, they're sprinkled throughout each village.

Similarly, each village has some water view rooms. At CBR, water view means a view of the lake OR a view of the village quiet pool. Since every village has some lake frontage and a quiet pool, every village has some water view rooms.

So, again, each village (except Trinidad South) will have a few of the rooms you're asking about, but you can't book it exactly that way.

hmmm, since both are bookable categories, and both cost more, I wonder if you book one and request the other, do you get charged BOTH upcharges? or , by doing this, IF you get your request, you actually get on upgrade for free?

as far as a view of illuminations, while it is no where good enough of a view to substitute for being at epcot, there is a decent view of it from near the outdoor pool bar.

smidgy said:
hmmm, since both are bookable categories, and both cost more, I wonder if you book one and request the other, do you get charged BOTH upcharges? or , by doing this, IF you get your request, you actually get on upgrade for free?

as far as a view of illuminations, while it is no where good enough of a view to substitute for being at epcot, there is a decent view of it from near the outdoor pool bar.

No, you definitely don't pay two upcharges. Disney likes making money but they'll never surprise you with extra charges. If you reserve and pay for a king-size bed room and request water view, and you get that water view room, you will NOT be charged any more than the charge for the king.

It works the same for preferred location. In the six preferred location guest buildings, there surely are some king-size bed rooms with a water view ... that makes THREE separate things that make that room special yet you're only paying for one of them.

No, you definitely don't pay two upcharges. Disney likes making money but they'll never surprise you with extra charges. If you reserve and pay for a king-size bed room and request water view, and you get that water view room, you will NOT be charged any more than the charge for the king.

It works the same for preferred location. In the six preferred location guest buildings, there surely are some king-size bed rooms with a water view ... that makes THREE separate things that make that room special yet you're only paying for one of them.

we have often been surprised and upgraded for free,to either water view or preferred. last time at CBR we were upgraded to pref. martiniques, with a pool view!! for free!
:cool1:

I just didn't think you could request a category that that they normally charge for.

being on their honeymoon, Iguess I would pay for the king bed, and request water view.

Hmmm...preferred king bed with a water view, that sounds great! But we're not on our honeymoon, been married for over 4 years. ;) We still look like newlyweds though! :rotfl2: I'll just ask my TA to request a water view room, and hope for some pixie dust. So far, on our four trips, I've only got a building I wanted, once (at OKW), so I can just hope for the best.

I'd love this room! Looks like 3949, so farthest away from OPR, so maybe not!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyrk0IYt8DE

We just returned from a great five-night stay at CBR. We loved staying in Bldg 26. Everything went very well at CBR. Can't wait to return in the future!

We just returned from an 8 night stay and I'm miserable. I want to be there right now! We were in Martinique room 2532 which was a corner room. We had a fabulous time despite a bit of rain. No issues with mousekeeping or busses. The morning after we checked in I took a shower and went to use the hair dryer and it was broken. I called maintenance and by the time we came back from breakfast at OPR a brand new one was in its place.
If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them.

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards

So glad to hear you had a good trip and no problems! We check in tomorrow:cool1::cheer2:

Are the lovebugs out yet?

magchavez said:
So glad to hear you had a good trip and no problems! We check in tomorrow:cool1::cheer2:

Are the lovebugs out yet?

We only saw a couple. Have a great time.

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards

hurleysweety said:
I'd love this room! Looks like 3949, so farthest away from OPR, so maybe not!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyrk0IYt8DE
Unfortunately, that room no longer exists in that configuration. 3949 is in Trinidad South. Since that video was made, ALL of Trinidad South was refurbished as Pirate-themed rooms. The theme is in every detail ... beds shaped like pirate ships, night stands shaped like barrels, carpet resembling wooden deck planks, and so on. These are a separate booking category and cost more per night. These are available only with two double beds, no such thing as king-size beds in the Pirate rooms.

nebo said:
I just didn't think you could request a category that that they normally charge for..
you can request anything. But yes, requesting a free upgrade is usually a waste of a request.

you can request anything. But yes, requesting a free upgrade is usually a waste of a request.

that's what I thought (and that was me, posting under hubby nebo's name, oops).

since there are so many bookable categories now, I thought you could book (and pay for) as many categories as you wanted.

example: preferred location, water view. OR king bed, water view. OR preferred location, king bed, etc etc.

a corner room is a great score, though!

CleveRocks said:
Unfortunately, that room no longer exists in that configuration. 3949 is in Trinidad South. Since that video was made, ALL of Trinidad South was refurbished as Pirate-themed rooms. The theme is in every detail ... beds shaped like pirate ships, night stands shaped like barrels, carpet resembling wooden deck planks, and so on. These are a separate booking category and cost more per night. These are available only with two double beds, no such thing as king-size beds in the Pirate rooms.

Whoops, guess I should have looked at the date. Thanks for pointing that out! :)

Oh yea, know all about those pirate rooms. Big POTC lover here! Maybe with the family someday in the future!?

Didn't look at the date or where the room actually was, I know that there aren't any king beds there now. Just liked that the water was outside the room like that! But appreciate it anyway. :goodvibes:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

i read on another board that disney was planning on upgrading the beds at cbr to queen sized. anyone know if this is true?

i read on another board that disney was planning on upgrading the beds at cbr to queen sized. anyone know if this is true?

There were 2-3 people in this thread that had just gotten back from CBR and each one stated multiple CMs at CBR told them queens were coming in 2013. There has been no formal announcement.

just back last night. 6 nights at CRB. Have a great room building 25 second floor, very close to opr

It did seam like it was getting more crowded by the day. The love bugs were crazy yesterday by the pool.
I now know why people don’t love the food court. It does get old after a few days.
We had the deluxe dinning plan and it worked great for us. We did have credits left over but we did love how we did not feel like we kept having to spend money on food/ drinks/ snacks.

There were 2-3 people in this thread that had just gotten back from CBR and each one stated multiple CMs at CBR told them queens were coming in 2013. There has been no formal announcement.

great news!!!thank you for your quick response!!:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter