• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time staying at CBR. I'm excited! What's the best building/Section to request that's close to transportation and OPR Centertown that's not a Preferred room or area? I know I can ask but may not get, doesn't hurt though.

Thanks,

Karen :goodvibes

For those who have recently been here....
How many open/useable outlets would you say there are? I was reading on another thread of "must haves" to pack and alot of folks put extension cords and surge protectors on their list. We are flying and the less we pack the better. Off the top of my head we will have about 6-7 things to charge. Did everyone do fine without surge protectors? Just wondering.

I always bring along a multi outlet so that we can all charge our phones and other gadgets at one time:

walltap.jpg

Loved CBR! We just returned from our first stay at CBR after doing Value.

What we loved:

- that the transportation bus played Caribbean music - calming after the parks
- the main pool and slides
- shaded bus stop
- the hidden hot tub behind the slides
- landscaping

Loved it!

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay! The things you listed as "what we love" are the things that keep us going back time and time again.

First time staying at CBR. I'm excited! What's the best building/Section to request that's close to transportation and OPR Centertown that's not a Preferred room or area? I know I can ask but may not get, doesn't hurt though.

Thanks,

Karen :goodvibes

We've stayed in Jamaica, Martinique, Aruba and Barbados. The walks from Jamaica, non-preferred Martinique and Aruba to Old Port Royale were about 5 minutes and the walk from Barbados was a little over 7.

We've stayed in Jamaica, Martinique, Aruba and Barbados. The walks from Jamaica, non-preferred Martinique and Aruba to Old Port Royale were about 5 minutes and the walk from Barbados was a little over 7.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!:goodvibes

Karen

We've stayed in Jamaica, Martinique, Aruba and Barbados. The walks from Jamaica, non-preferred Martinique and Aruba to Old Port Royale were about 5 minutes and the walk from Barbados was a little over 7.

Thanks for the info!:goodvibes

Karen
[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! It's my family's opinion that there's no bad location at the CBR.

Just got back yesterday. Had a great vacation and stayed at two resorts while we were there. CBR was the resort we moved to during our vacation package. Though we had a good time, I don't think I'll be requesting CBR to my family and friends.

Don't get me wrong, it's a gorgeous resort! The rooms are roomy and the pirate theme of our room was super cute! (8 y/o kid loved it)

The biggest negative was mousekeeping. It was definitely lacking. We felt as if we had been forgotten. One time, mousekeeping didn't even leave any soap in the room, didn't clean the coffeemaker, didn't gather all the used towels and well, you get the point.

The resort is huge and though it was only a 10min leisurely walk to OPR, it still wasn't something we did everyday so again, it was like we were not even part of the resort. (though I think some would love the isolation...think honeymooners! ;))

Also, CBR had the longest lines at the parks. Because it's a huge resort with many rooms, it stands to reason that there are many staying at CBR. But that also means long wait times after the park closes. While the other resorts had little to no lines, the CBR had consistently long lines and not enough buses. Plus, once you get on a bus, you have to stop at many of the "islands" before you get to your stop. The fact that it has an internal bus system should warn you how big this resort truly is. I knew that going in but we really wanted to try this resort. And I was also aware of the fact that the pirate rooms are the furthest from OPR but again, we still wanted to try it.

So for us, the whole bus system made it a resort that we will only stay at once. We are checking it off the list. Though we had a great time and the resort is gorgeous, it just wasn't a good fit for our family and how we "do" Disney. At any rate, I am glad we tried it and the pirate rooms are super cute! :)

45996437You're welcome! It's my family's opinion that there's no bad location at the CBR[/B].

That is us too! Our first trip we were in Barbados and loved that location. We were sort of between the quiet pools in Martinque and Barbados and loved that. The walk to the food court was indeed around 7 minutes at a VERY leisurely pace.

Next time we requested and got Jamaica. We loved it that to some parks (DHS and Epcot and maybe AK?) we were the first bus stop to be picked up and dropped off. Loved the walk across the bridge to OPR. We had the Jamaica quiet pool just around the corner from our room.

After that last trip, I told Dan that I probably wouldn't even request a section next time because our two trips had shown me we were going to be happy no matter where!

I'll add the only reason I requested Jamaica was because dd loved the yellow buildings with the pretty white railings!

I just read Harmony's review above and wanted to add my 2 cents. We got back from a 7 night stay at CBR last night and had quite a different experience. We had a great stay and can't wait to go back to CBR.

Mousekeeping was WONDERFUL and our room was spotless every day when we returned from the parks. We rarely waited more than 10 mins for a bus (except for leaving Wishes which was a nightmare but I think most resorts have the same issue). We had a preferred room in Martinique and would definitely spend the extra $ for preferred again. We had a short walk to OPR and the bus stop.

My kids loved the pool area and rented SeaRaycers and we all enjoyed the hammocks on the beach. The best night was watching the Illuminations fireworks from the hot tub!

We were all devoted POP fans until this trip...now I'm not sure we can go back to a value!

I just returned from a six night stay at CBR. We stayed in Jamica 42. The resort is beautiful and the size did not initimidate me but I could see where it could. It is big! The food court was great. My dd loved the choc chip pancakes and the breakfast quesadillas. I loved the cuban sandwich!

We too had some problems with mousekeeping. They NEVER left us coffee replacements or shampoo/conditioner/soap replacements. I had to call EVERY day for someone to bring us this stuff. The second to last day we came back to our room at midnight and there were no clean towels! All the old ones were taken and they never replaced them. FInally it all clicked in my head that mousekeeping was not keeping up. I called for replacements and notified the front desk as to what was going on. A manager called back a few minutes later (probably should have waited unitl the next day b/c of the time but I guess they were concerned).

My dd said this has been her favorite resort yet (out of pop, asm, and pofq). I would stay again but I am interested in seeking out some others!

cinderwannabe said:
I just returned from a six night stay at CBR. We stayed in Jamica 42. The resort is beautiful and the size did not initimidate me but I could see where it could. It is big! The food court was great. My dd loved the choc chip pancakes and the breakfast quesadillas. I loved the cuban sandwich!

We too had some problems with mousekeeping. They NEVER left us coffee replacements or shampoo/conditioner/soap replacements. I had to call EVERY day for someone to bring us this stuff. The second to last day we came back to our room at midnight and there were no clean towels! All the old ones were taken and they never replaced them. FInally it all clicked in my head that mousekeeping was not keeping up. I called for replacements and notified the front desk as to what was going on. A manager called back a few minutes later (probably should have waited unitl the next day b/c of the time but I guess they were concerned).

My dd said this has been her favorite resort yet (out of pop, asm, and pofq). I would stay again but I am interested in seeking out some others!

Yep, we had similar issues with mousekeeping. It was difficult to deal with after a long day at the parks. Coffee replacements and clean towels, though I didn't mention those issues, were also our experiences. Same thing with shampoo/conditioner. I didn't speak to a manager as I didn't want to get anyone in trouble but maybe I should've...so as to keep that from happening to others.

Glad others had a more positive experience at this resort. Wish we could say the same. :)

We've been home for about 4 days, but we were at CBR for 9 days and had the best time except for the day ISAAC blew thru. We put on ponchos and flip flops and weht anyway, then got stuck on the Monorail for over an hour!!!! We never waited longer than 10 min for the bus ever!!! That's at the resort or at the parks!!! Love the addition of security at the DTD bus stops at night!!!!! Definitely helps with crowd control and getting on buses in an orderly fashion. Our Mousekeeping was fine, never any problem, we were in Martinique 26 1st floor and it was always clean with towels when we returned in the afternoon or evening. We don't use the coffee machine so that is never an issue, also we bring all our own shampoo and stuff so that's not an issue for us, so making beds and leaving clean towels works just fine for us, but we did get a few towel animals too! And she left the kids stuffed animals set up cute every day too.

Also booked a Bounceback for Free Dining for next year too, so we'll be there again next August!!!!

mom2taylorandemily said:
We've been home for about 4 days, but we were at CBR for 9 days and had the best time except for the day IRENE blew thru. We put on ponchos and flip flops and weht anyway, then got stuck on the Monorail for over an hour!!!! We never waited longer than 10 min for the bus ever!!! That's at the resort or at the parks!!! Love the addition of security at the DTD bus stops at night!!!!! Definitely helps with crowd control and getting on buses in an orderly fashion. Our Mousekeeping was fine, never any problem, we were in Martinique 26 1st floor and it was always clean with towels when we returned in the afternoon or evening. We don't use the coffee machine so that is never an issue, also we bring all our own shampoo and stuff so that's not an issue for us, so making beds and leaving clean towels works just fine for us, but we did get a few towel animals too! And she left the kids stuffed animals set up cute every day too.

Also booked a Bounceback for Free Dining for next year too, so we'll be there again next August!!!!

Yeah, we usually have our own shampoo and conditioner. However, hubby accidentally put those items in the carry on bag and they didn't make it past security. As a result, the resort shampoo/conditioner became very important for us. Unfortunately, during our stay, mousekeeping fell asleep at the wheel.

In case anyone is wondering, we were located in building 38 South Trinidad.

Wow...10 mins? Thats awesome! More than once, we waited over 45mins to an hour after park closing. We should've vacationed with your family. ;)

Oh wow 1 day until your vacation !:dance3: Have a fun trip !!!

Thanks for the good wishes! I loved the resort but I chose the wrong traveling partner.It was my first trip ever without my DD28. She got married in July and I wanted to go but I need to take someone with a Dis mentality. That's another story...
I loved the beach theme, the CM's,and my favorite hammock on the beach!! I was in Aruba 54 and it was a very manageable and pleasant walk to the food court. The quiet pool was great and once again, the hammock time was wonderful! The buses were fine and I would like to return-this time with someone who has some enthusiasm! :wizard:

We just returned from a wonderful stay in Martinique 23. Such a beautiful resort, and really worth taking the time to walk around the resort in the morning, the birds and wildlife are so relaxing. We loved our room location because we were on the first floor and close to the bus stop. I loved walking to the beach at night and watching fireworks from a hammock! Bus service was good, we saw fireworks at MK one night and decided to walk to the Contemporary and take a cab back to CBR rather than dealing with the crowds. It was $20 well spent to be back within minutes. We brought our own coffee pods and I was happy I did, we aren't coffee snobs, however we prefer a darker roast than the ones provided at the resort. Garden Grocer was seamless and delivered our breakfast items and some beer the day we arrived. We booked bounceback at CBR but not sure if we will go there, we might try CSR as I would really like a queen bed! Any questions feel free to ask!

Now that AP rates have been released for October, we've finally booked a resort ... CBR! We are so excited to be headed back to this beautiful resort where we stayed for DD's first trip to WDW. Unfortunately, I spent a LOT of time in our room on that trip, with a high fever and strep throat. Let's hope I don't have flash backs! (Total PTSD .. I almost didn't want to stay here again just because of that association alone.) Definitely excited to have a do-over with CBR! I can't believe we will be there NEXT MONTH!

We leave tomorrow and I'm excited but I just got news my aunt passed away after a long battle with 2 different types of cancer. Took the happiness of the trip away as we were very close :(

Sent from my Incredible using DISBoards

Are the pirate rooms on both the first and second floors of Trinidad South? Getting nervous about all the strollers and no elevators.

vankalker said:
Are the pirate rooms on both the first and second floors of Trinidad South? Getting nervous about all the strollers and no elevators.

I'd request a first floor room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter