Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been skimming this thread to get info regarding the CBR refurb a few years back, because I have not stayed there since then. It seems a lot of people are concered about the food court.... I have to say, I have stayed at every value and all the mods except POFQ. To me, they are all the same in variety and quality. In fact, much of it is the same stuff. However.... I took the competitive pom squad I coached for Disney for competition for 10 straight years (I "retired" three years ago - yay!) and we were always offered the All Stars or CBR. I remember distinctly that once the CM booking us tried to sell me on the All Stars by saying the food court had more to offer since Value guests tend to eat in the home resort food court more often. I am sure Disney does more than their fair share of market research, but that just doesn't seem to be the case to me. But what do I know?? :confused3

At any rate, CBR is my favorite mod to stay in when I"m on vacation with my family, and the food court is as good any out there.

we always thought the values had better food courts than the moderates. and, unfortunately, of all the moderates, we think CBR has the worst food court.

but we are stil excited to be there in dec!!!

smidgy said:
we always thought the values had better food courts than the moderates. and, unfortunately, of all the moderates, we think CBR has the worst food court.

We were far happier with the food court at CBR than at AS Sports. Perhaps it is strictly personal taste!

smidgy said:

It truly is personal taste. My kids prefer the AS food courts to most any other food court on site. They crave the "number 3" at AS Movie resort. (pasta with chicken)

They were truly disappointed that AKL and CBR did not have a similar dish. ;). DH and I, however, were pleased with the food court options.

We just got back from 7 days at CBR and we absolutely loved it!!!! :cool1: I was a little nervous after reading all the reviews about CBR, but I was extremely happy. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. I wish we had more time to just relax and enjoy the resort. The staff was so friendly and willing to go the extra step. The kids loved the pool and the pool games. The food court was fine and we loved the cuban sandwiches. The only complain I have is the size of the beds, but that should not be an issue going forward as a CM confirmed that they were upgrading the beds to queen. My family loved CBR and we plan on staying there again. Let me know if anyone has any questions. This was also our first time to Disney.

We just got back from 7 days at CBR and we absolutely loved it!!!! :cool1: I was a little nervous after reading all the reviews about CBR, but I was extremely happy. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. I wish we had more time to just relax and enjoy the resort. The staff was so friendly and willing to go the extra step. The kids loved the pool and the pool games. The food court was fine and we loved the cuban sandwiches. The only complain I have is the size of the beds, but that should not be an issue going forward as a CM confirmed that they were upgrading the beds to queen. My family loved CBR and we plan on staying there again. Let me know if anyone has any questions. This was also our first time to Disney.

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your first trip to Disney and your stay at the CBR. Did the CM happen to mention when the bed conversion was set to begin? We were told back in May that they would be changing over but they didn't have any idea when.

We are thinking of staying at CBR in a prate room October 2013. My DS6 LOVES all things pirates! He saw pictures of the room and keeps asking if we can please stay at the pirate resort next trip. Any tips on ths resort with a 6 year old? It looks rather large but I really want to make him happy. We stayed at POP this year and it was not my cup of tea, hoping CBR suits me more.

Looking forward to my CBR stay in seven days. Loved the resort the first time I stayed there, and this will be my third time.

Can't wait to find that hammock with my name on it. ;)

ginny_lynn said:
We are thinking of staying at CBR in a prate room October 2013. My DS6 LOVES all things pirates! He saw pictures of the room and keeps asking if we can please stay at the pirate resort next trip. Any tips on ths resort with a 6 year old? It looks rather large but I really want to make him happy. We stayed at POP this year and it was not my cup of tea, hoping CBR suits me more.

Sounds like my kiddo! That's the only reason we stayed at CBR...the pirate rooms! :)

As of right now, the pirate rooms are the farthest from OPR, so just be aware of that. And yes, it is a big resort. You are visiting during a non-peak month so hopefully the bus waits won't be as long for you as they were for us.

Still, the pirate rooms are worth a stay. They are super cute. Just today he started reading the Magic Tree House's Pirates Before Noon and I had to buy him the non-fiction companion, "Pirates."

We've stayed at POP and they were "meh." Nothing spectacular nor special so I get what you are saying. I hope your son enjoys the pirate room at CBR but there are definitely a few things you have to know about the resort before you go. I posted a small review upthread. Luckily, others had a more positive experience than I did but if you keep reading, you'll see I wasn't the only one that experienced a less than stellar stay at CBR.

Given our negative experience, our family won't be staying at CBR any longer, however, staying at a pirate room is worth to do at least once! :)

I know this was posted at the beginning of the thread, but I'm wondering if this is still true... no swimming in the lake? We are staying at CBR in March with FIL and his wife, and they were told by their travel agent that there was lake swimming at the beach - they picked this resort because DS6 LOVES lake swimming. Not a big deal if he can't, because I understand the pools are heated, and we'll likely be at the parks most of the time anyways, but I just wanted to know! Thanks!

I know this was posted at the beginning of the thread, but I'm wondering if this is still true... no swimming in the lake? We are staying at CBR in March with FIL and his wife, and they were told by their travel agent that there was lake swimming at the beach - they picked this resort because DS6 LOVES lake swimming. Not a big deal if he can't, because I understand the pools are heated, and we'll likely be at the parks most of the time anyways, but I just wanted to know! Thanks!

Nope, no swimming in any of the WDW lakes - snakes, gators, and amoeba.

In that case, I probably won't even tell him about the beach. He will be excited enough about everything else. :cool1:

There are hammocks and nice white sand on the beach that is fun for the kids, but I definitely wouldn't let them go in the water!! Sometimes I see kids playing near the edge of the water and it makes me nervous!

Have you thought about the pirate cruise at CBR for him? My kids did it when they were 7 & 9 and loved it! pirate:

There are hammocks and nice white sand on the beach that is fun for the kids, but I definitely wouldn't let them go in the water!! Sometimes I see kids playing near the edge of the water and it makes me nervous!

Have you thought about the pirate cruise at CBR for him? My kids did it when they were 7 & 9 and loved it! pirate:

Can you tell me more about the cruise

Can you tell me more about the cruise

Sure!

From AllEars...

Island of the Caribbean Pirate Adventure - For children ages 4-10 (must be potty trained) -- young adventurers, wearing pirate bandannas, will board a boat to sail the Ports of the Caribbean, just like Captain Jack! They will be told the story of Old Port Royale and of the pirates that used to sail the waters. They will find props and signs leading to treasure. Once they recover the treasure, they will sail to Fort Cay and trade for some grub (lunch). When they return to Old Port Royale, they will unlock the treasure chest and bounty will be shared by all. As of 1/14/07, operates Sundays, as well as Tuesdays from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. $28.17 per child pus tax. Lunch: Peanut Butter and Jelly Uncrustables, Gummy Bears, Gold Fish Treats, and Apple Juice Box. Call 407-WDW-DINE for information on the resort marina at 407-934-2850.

I know this just says Sundays and Tuesdays, but I think it might also be offered on Fridays as well.

Sure!

From AllEars...

Island of the Caribbean Pirate Adventure - For children ages 4-10 (must be potty trained) -- young adventurers, wearing pirate bandannas, will board a boat to sail the Ports of the Caribbean, just like Captain Jack! They will be told the story of Old Port Royale and of the pirates that used to sail the waters. They will find props and signs leading to treasure. Once they recover the treasure, they will sail to Fort Cay and trade for some grub (lunch). When they return to Old Port Royale, they will unlock the treasure chest and bounty will be shared by all. As of 1/14/07, operates Sundays, as well as Tuesdays from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. $28.17 per child pus tax. Lunch: Peanut Butter and Jelly Uncrustables, Gummy Bears, Gold Fish Treats, and Apple Juice Box. Call 407-WDW-DINE for information on the resort marina at 407-934-2850.

I know this just says Sundays and Tuesdays, but I think it might also be offered on Fridays as well.

This sounds fun. I can not pre book it, don't know if we will have time for it. But I will keep it in mind if we have an opening.
Thanks for the info.

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your first trip to Disney and your stay at the CBR. Did the CM happen to mention when the bed conversion was set to begin? We were told back in May that they would be changing over but they didn't have any idea when.

The CM said they were doing it in waves. Some buidlings would go before others. He said it was starting in Spring 2013.

Hope that is right!

The CM said they were doing it in waves. Some buidlings would go before others. He said it was starting in Spring 2013.

Hope that is right!

Thanks for the info. We will be back at the CBR May 22nd to June 1st. Maybe the bed change-over will be complete by then.

I realize this is always a hit or miss situation but, is CBR usually pretty good about room requests? We booked a Water View room and I've done my online check in requesting a ground floor room in Trinidad North. I won't be crushed if we don't get it. Just curious.
I haven't stayed at CBR since 2005 and I'm so excited to stay there next week! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter