Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the kids pirate cruise? Good for a girl almost 8. I'll be there in just a few weeks. Do they go out in the bay near by? Do they have it a few times a day?

We stayed in a preferred room in Trinidad north, we thought that was better than martinique.

I don't know anbout seeing Epcot fireworks from the beach. I was never told that. This resort is one of the biggest on Disney property. If you don't have a preferred room, you will be walking great distances to OPR and to the main pool.

Sorry one more question. i have read that you can see teh Epoct fireworlks from the beach at CBR. Which beach? And can you see them from any room?

We have watched the higher Epcot fireworks from Old Port Royale and from the Martinique beach.

How far would you estimate it is to walk from a non-preferred standard room to the OPR and main pool area?

I don't know anbout seeing Epcot fireworks from the beach. I was never told that. This resort is one of the biggest on Disney property. If you don't have a preferred room, you will be walking great distances to OPR and to the main pool.

How far would you estimate it is to walk from a non-preferred standard room to the OPR and main pool area?

It shouldn't be too far. The promenade around the entire resort is 1.4 miles around. Old Port Royale and the main pool are approximately in the middle of that. So, even if you were in the furthest building, your walk shouldn't be more than, roughly, half of 1.4 miles. We were in Jamaica 41 this last trip which is of the furthest buildings in Jamaica and our walk to OPR was about 5 minutes. My 76 year old mother walked it with ease.

Do you think this is a good resort for a couple on their "honeymoon"/welcome home trip?

Absolutely! DH and I love it! :lovestruc

Sorry one more question. i have read that you can see teh Epoct fireworlks from the beach at CBR. Which beach? And can you see them from any room?

We have watched them from Jamaica, OPR, and the bridge, but I think there are many places they can be seen.

How is the kids pirate cruise? Good for a girl almost 8. I'll be there in just a few weeks. Do they go out in the bay near by? Do they have it a few times a day?

The pirate cruise is awesome! My kids went on it when they were 7 & 9 and loved it! pirate: It runs on Sun, Tues, and Fri mornings. I would call now to see if there are any openings.

This resort is one of the biggest on Disney property. If you don't have a preferred room, you will be walking great distances to OPR and to the main pool.

We have not had a preferred room either time we stayed at CBR, and both times our walk (from our standard location room) was less than 5 minutes to OPR and to a bus stop. Not a long distance at all! :goodvibes

Just booked our vacation. April 15-22nd, standard room with deluxe dining. I am so exited. :banana::banana: We booked through AAA and received a whopping $48 discount.:rolleyes1 I'm sure most of our stay is blacked out for discounts, but since we are driving, I think the AAA diamond parking pass will be a benefit.

That's nothing! I was concerned my morning coffee walk might lead me to take the car from one side of the resort to the other! Thanks for putting my mind at ease. Caffeine is very important to me :rotfl:

I run every morning so I am really looking forward to the nice path around the lake. We've stayed at Pop and WL and I found the running paths lacking.

It shouldn't be too far. The promenade around the entire resort is 1.4 miles around. Old Port Royale and the main pool are approximately in the middle of that. So, even if you were in the furthest building, your walk shouldn't be more than, roughly, half of 1.4 miles. We were in Jamaica 41 this last trip which is of the furthest buildings in Jamaica and our walk to OPR was about 5 minutes. My 76 year old mother walked it with ease.

That's nothing! I was concerned my morning coffee walk might lead me to take the car from one side of the resort to the other! Thanks for putting my mind at ease. Caffeine is very important to me :rotfl:

I run every morning so I am really looking forward to the nice path around the lake. We've stayed at Pop and WL and I found the running paths lacking.

We didn't think the walk was long at all either. We have stayed in Jamaica 41 twice, Martinique 23, Martinique 25 and Martinique 26.

I think you'll really enjoy the promenade for running. I've seen lots of folks out there running at all times of the day. I have pictures of the resort in both of my trip reports if you want to have a look around. The most recent are in the "Who Knew Choking..." report.

First, thank you so much for this informative thread!

Second, we booked our stay at CBR today!! April 30th - May 07th! Yaay!

I actually changed my mind from SSR because the flights we booked required 4 more nights stay and so I rationalized this with "down-grading" to a moderate to afford it and CBR was a total whim. While it's my BF's first trip and my DD's (7 at trip time) 2nd trip to WDW, I"ve stayed at POR before already and wanted something new to us all. :)

I'm totally pumped to be staying here!! I've drooled over the pool pics you've posted and this resort actually seems nicer than POR! I can't believe it. The pool seems better and there is actual sand beaches. My DD is going to flip with happiness. We're not actually doing the parks...I know, shock, horror! Actually, we have plans for Typhoon Lagoon and mini-golf but that's it for now. We want to REALLY enjoy the resort and relax before our cruise. I just love Disney service and quality. Are we crazy? I'm sure we may decide when we're down there to do one park. ;) I'm thinking maybe DHS, but I"m not telling the BF since he's having a heart-attack on the price already. hehehe...

We've never been to CBR and I have just a couple of questions:

1. Can you see the fireworks from both Aruba and Jamaica?

2. What drinks are available in the fountains for the resort mugs?

3. I booked room only with AirTransat. I don't believe there was an area for special request, or if there was, i missed it. :( Can I still put special request in? I can just call AirTransat tomorrow, I guess, and even if I don't put in a special request, I'll likely still be happy. I'm easy to please. :)

We just got back last night. We miss it already. This was our first stay at CBR and we will definately go back again. We loved it! We stayed in a standard room. We had requested Aruba 51, but ended up staying in Jamaica 46, which was really nice and close to the main pool and food. I would stay there again. We did watch the fireworks from the bridge one night, but you really only see the top bit of the fireworks since the trees are so tall. The bus system was great. We never waited for more then 10 minutes for a bus. Can't wait to go back again! :yay:

We just got back last night. We miss it already. This was our first stay at CBR and we will definately go back again. We loved it! We stayed in a standard room. We had requested Aruba 51, but ended up staying in Jamaica 46, which was really nice and close to the main pool and food. I would stay there again. We did watch the fireworks from the bridge one night, but you really only see the top bit of the fireworks since the trees are so tall. The bus system was great. We never waited for more then 10 minutes for a bus. Can't wait to go back again! :yay:

thank you for posting your review. we leave for cbr sept. 6th. i am so glad to hear good reviews. wish i was there now!!!

Also, is there a toaster in the room at CBR? Are there any for free use at the central eating area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter