Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best way is to add the request to your reservation. You would call Disney reservations and have the request added to your reservation.

Since I booked thru Southwest Vacations, I have to wait until about 10 days before my arrival date (Aug 27) before Disney can add anything to my reservation. Apparently, that is when Southwest "releases" my info to Disney. At that point, is it better to call the resort directly?

You aren't actually talking to the resort when you call. You are talking with a call center that answers as CBR. It depends how the reservation shows in their system. If you have a Disney reservation number I would call Disney reservations and have the request added. If it is actually booked through a travel agency you would need to have them add the request because they "own" the reservation until you check in.

We are going down 12-12- we have booked a standard room, I usually do not ask for prefernces on our ressies but this time I asked for Martinque and a room on the ground floor. I read somewhere on here that Martinque were standard rooms, then I heard they were preferred. I wanted one close to the bus stops. Should I change my request of building?

We are going down 12-12- we have booked a standard room, I usually do not ask for prefernces on our ressies but this time I asked for Martinque and a room on the ground floor. I read somewhere on here that Martinque were standard rooms, then I heard they were preferred. I wanted one close to the bus stops. Should I change my request of building?

I'm not 100% on this, but I think only a few of the buildings within Martinique (and Trinidad North) are the "preferred" rooms - not the entire village.

We just got back from 8 days at CBR. We were in Trinidad South in building 34. Seriously I don't know what people are complaining about when they say it's so far from everything and the place is too big. It took me all of about 5 minutes to walk from my room to the main pool. I am VERY VERY Pooh sized and out of shape, and I have rheumatoid arthritis, and I made it in about 5 minute. I also stopped to snap a few photos along the way.

I'm so glad we didn't change our minds about the pirate rooms after reading about how far away from everything Trinidad South was. I was having second thoughts.

Hi all!! I am so happy to read this report! We are booked for Pirate rooms and this is our first time staying at this resort.... I have been so worried about the "Long" walks and have debated renting a car... we didn't because we figured we would have to just see for ourselves. I am so happy to read your post ratlenhum... perhaps things aren't as bad as the picture I have been painting in my head!

I'm not 100% on this, but I think only a few of the buildings within Martinique (and Trinidad North) are the "preferred" rooms - not the entire village.

The buildings within Martinique and Trinidad North that are preferred are listed in the first post of the CBR FAQ thread. All of Triniad North are preferred.

Since I booked thru Southwest Vacations, I have to wait until about 10 days before my arrival date (Aug 27) before Disney can add anything to my reservation. Apparently, that is when Southwest "releases" my info to Disney. At that point, is it better to call the resort directly?

Looks like we check in on the same day!!:hippie:
This will be our first time at CBR, we are very excited!
Hope you have a great trip!

Looks like we check in on the same day!!:hippie:
This will be our first time at CBR, we are very excited!
Hope you have a great trip!

We check out on the 5th though :p (j/k - we're getting in very late on the 27th anyway)

Hope you have a great trip too! :thumbsup2

Hi all!! I am so happy to read this report! We are booked for Pirate rooms and this is our first time staying at this resort.... I have been so worried about the "Long" walks and have debated renting a car... we didn't because we figured we would have to just see for ourselves. I am so happy to read your post ratlenhum... perhaps things aren't as bad as the picture I have been painting in my head!

Walking in a brisk manner from Trin South to OPR is one thing. Pushing DS3 in a stroller and having DS7 checking things out along the way do not make for a 5-minute walk. :) Our best time with the boys in tow was about 8 minutes. It only seems long if you're doing it at the end of a long park day....or it's 120 degrees outside (OK, maybe that temp is a bit exaggerated).

Very interesting stuff guys! Thanks for all the info we are deliberating between this resort and one of the All Star resorts... it is great to have unbiased opinions and real life scenarios to read about.
Thanks!

So, which building would you recommend for Pirate rooms...34(closest to OPR) or 36(close to the bus stops but still not too far from OPR) maybe I'll do both in my poem.:confused3

Looking forward to our first stay at CBR this September. We have a standard room booked. Hopefully it won't be too far from the food court. I don't mind running 3 miles every morning but the walk to get my morning coffee shouldn't take 15 minutes!!! :lmao:

So, which building would you recommend for Pirate rooms...34(closest to OPR) or 36(close to the bus stops but still not too far from OPR) maybe I'll do both in my poem.:confused3

We were in 34 and the walk to the bus stop was nothing. Building 36 is right there next door. Not a huge difference in either distance to OPR or bus stop. I just looked at the map and where they show the bus stop is not where it stopped while we were there. Look at the map and there is a traffic circle between 34 and 36. That's where the bus stops so you see it's not a big difference. I think some people go on too much about how big the resort is and how far the walk is to OPR. It might take you and extra minute to walk to OPR from 36 vs 34 depending on which side of the building your room is on.

We were in 34 and the walk to the bus stop was nothing. Building 36 is right there next door. Not a huge difference in either distance to OPR or bus stop. I just looked at the map and where they show the bus stop is not where it stopped while we were there. Look at the map and there is a traffic circle between 34 and 36. That's where the bus stops so you see it's not a big difference. I think some people go on too much about how big the resort is and how far the walk is to OPR. It might take you and extra minute to walk to OPR from 36 vs 34 depending on which side of the building your room is on.

That was my feeling we have always stayed at POR & we actually request Patterre Place which is the last mansion heading down the river to POFQ. We don't mind the walk...I was thinking I really don't want 39 but it wouldn't be a terrible if we got it. I have a poem requesting 36 maybe I'll add 34 too. My DM likes to get coffee in the morning...she also doesn't mind the walk & is up early too.

That was my feeling we have always stayed at POR & we actually request Patterre Place which is the last mansion heading down the river to POFQ. We don't mind the walk...I was thinking I really don't want 39 but it wouldn't be a terrible if we got it. I have a poem requesting 36 maybe I'll add 34 too. My DM likes to get coffee in the morning...she also doesn't mind the walk & is up early too.

We brought filters and pre-measured bags of our own coffee from home and made it in our room. Right outside our door was a little courtyard. It was the DSA but there was nobody there, ever! There are little tables/chairs with umbrellas and nice benches. It was shady and nice. We sat out there and drank coffee in the morning.

Going to be booking my first stay at CBR for next May. Need some help with a room request. I am booking a preferred room definitely. And I would like to request martinique 25. But here is my question:

Does this building have rooms with king beds? We will be a grand gathering and will be booking multiple rooms (one room will be a king room) . I know that rooms near each other are not guaranteed - but I don't want to make a request for this building if there is no chance of that.

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your wonderful thread. DH and I are trying to decide where where we want to stay in May of 2011. I have sent him this thread to look over, and so far we are really leaning toward CBR.

Do you think this is a good resort for a couple on their "honeymoon"/welcome home trip?

Sorry one more question. i have read that you can see teh Epoct fireworlks from the beach at CBR. Which beach? And can you see them from any room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter