• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you even have to "convert them"? We had a TS credit left that we weren't going to use so when we got our QS meal at the food court we just told the cashier to use the TS credit and she did......

You don't need to convert them if you are in your home resort. You do need to convert them in order to use them at the parks and DTD.

The wife and I decided to take a long weekend trip up to Disney for Star Wars Weekend the first weekend in June and ended up staying at Caribbean Beach Resort for our very first time. While I enjoyed the resort I found it all to familiar to being back home in South Florida and so didn't seem to have that special feeling to me. We did get the pirate room and thought it was a great room for our lil ones and us big kids :rotfl:

View across the lake from the pool area
Caribbean Beach Resort by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Picture of the pool area the morning we headed back home.
CBR Pool by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

My kids (the one going down the slide on the left) loved the pirate play area in the kiddie pool section.
Cassidy slide by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Hi, thanks for this thread! My parents are treating their kids & grandkids to a disney vacation for their 50th anniversary. I've prepaid for a photopass CD, and I want to upgrade to photopass+ as an anniversary present. The information I've found says you can upgrade at select resorts. Can I do this at CBR as soon as I get there?

hforman said:
Hi, thanks for this thread! My parents are treating their kids & grandkids to a disney vacation for their 50th anniversary. I've prepaid for a photopass CD, and I want to upgrade to photopass+ as an anniversary present. The information I've found says you can upgrade at select resorts. Can I do this at CBR as soon as I get there?
Unfortunately I don't believe CBR handles photo pass services. Some deluxe resorts and DTD can do the upgrade for you.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Unfortunately I don't believe CBR handles photo pass services. Some deluxe resorts and DTD can do the upgrade for you.
Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

That's what I thought. I haven't been to disney in 20+ years and I'm nervous about how long it will take to get from place to place. Is there a photo center in Epcot?

11 Days! I'm actually more excited than my 10-year-old!

Yes there is, I believe its right next to Spaceship Earth. Have fun on your trip! :goodvibes

Does the Laundry room close at the resort?

I'm having difficulty finding time in the day to do laundry and figured that the only time that I can go do a load of Laundry is after we get back from the park late in the evening.

I'm having difficulty finding time in the day to do laundry and figured that the only time that I can go do a load of Laundry is after we get back from the park late in the evening.

No, it does not close. Although we try to not do laundry while at WDW, I have found that doing a load or two during our "Resort Day" is perfect. We hit the parks pretty hard without midday breaks. So we always have planned a day or two to sleep in, hang by the pool, explore the resort. Just an idea.

The wife and I decided to take a long weekend trip up to Disney for Star Wars Weekend the first weekend in June and ended up staying at Caribbean Beach Resort for our very first time. While I enjoyed the resort I found it all to familiar to being back home in South Florida and so didn't seem to have that special feeling to me. We did get the pirate room and thought it was a great room for our lil ones and us big kids :rotfl:

View across the lake from the pool area
Caribbean Beach Resort by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Picture of the pool area the morning we headed back home.
CBR Pool by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

My kids (the one going down the slide on the left) loved the pirate play area in the kiddie pool section.
Cassidy slide by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Beautiful photos!!!! :goodvibes

No it doesn't. We did the same thing. I put the laundry on late one night after we got back from the park and the kids fell asleep. It was close to midnight. I then found a nearby hammock on the beach to wait for them to be done - which wasn't such a good idea. Next thing I knew, I woke up in the hammock around 3am!

I know that others have already answered your question but I did want to add that you'll need your room key in order to access the laundry room so remember to take it with you.

Funny story, but it happened at Port Orleans French Quarter, not at CBR.

It's a few minutes before midnight, I put laundry into 2 different washers in the empty laundry room. I grab my book and go directly outside the laundry room doors to a bench. I get comfortable, I'm enjoying my book for a minute or so and then the lawn sprinklers go on and immediately soak me. :sad2:

I was on vacation, so it was pretty funny, but when I returned to the room to change I had to try to convince my wife I didn't fall into the pool!

No it doesn't. We did the same thing. I put the laundry on late one night after we got back from the park and the kids fell asleep. It was close to midnight. I then found a nearby hammock on the beach to wait for them to be done - which wasn't such a good idea. Next thing I knew, I woke up in the hammock around 3am!

Funny story, but it happened at Port Orleans French Quarter, not at CBR.

It's a few minutes before midnight, I put laundry into 2 different washers in the empty laundry room. I grab my book and go directly outside the laundry room doors to a bench. I get comfortable, I'm enjoying my book for a minute or so and then the lawn sprinklers go on and immediately soak me. :sad2:

I was on vacation, so it was pretty funny, but when I returned to the room to change I had to try to convince my wife I didn't fall into the pool!

:lmao::lmao:

I hope neither of you mind that I got an extremely good chuckle out of those stories just now!!!!

We just came back from CBR (6/7-6/14)! Everything was great! We were in Jamaica bldg 46 facing the courtyard. Very quiet. Our DS (11) loved the pool & joined in the pool activities. We also took some time on the paddle boat. No issues with bus transportation. The only thing I might give low points to is the food court. I enjoy Pop's food court better. Great housekeeper

Yesterday I just booked 4 nights at CBR in October! My daughter and I are going on a special trip for her 13th birthday! So excited!!! :goodvibes

At CBR right now. Sitting by the main pool, kids are loving it. We just got off our cruise this morning and it's like we're still in the Bahamas with the theme and steel drum music. It was a shock having to pay for our lunch in the food court, lol. Did online check in and our room was ready at 11 when we got here- super easy and fast. I can see some wear and tear on the building exteriors but nothing to really complain about. I do wish there were more umbrellas by the pool.

At CBR right now. Sitting by the main pool, kids are loving it. We just got off our cruise this morning and it's like we're still in the Bahamas with the theme and steel drum music. It was a shock having to pay for our lunch in the food court, lol. Did online check in and our room was ready at 11 when we got here- super easy and fast. I can see some wear and tear on the building exteriors but nothing to really complain about. I do wish there were more umbrellas by the pool.

Thanks for the life update!! Have a great time.
I can't wait 88 days!!!

Wow the pool likes like its a lot of concrete,I am a sun worshiper DH is not, is there any shade? I can't picture how how all that cement must be when we will be there in Sept....I greatly appreciate any? Thanks in advance!

AHhhhhhhh!!!!!! Just paid off August vacation!!!! We arrive on August 20th. our flight arrives at 9:30 am so we should be at CBR by 11:00 for 9 glorious days!!!!! I am so excited for my vacation this year, we've had a rough school year and vacation is so needed here!!!! What a great feeling to have it all paid for and now all we have to do is pack and wait!!!!!

AHhhhhhhh!!!!!! Just paid off August vacation!!!! We arrive on August 20th. our flight arrives at 9:30 am so we should be at CBR by 11:00 for 9 glorious days!!!!! I am so excited for my vacation this year, we've had a rough school year and vacation is so needed here!!!! What a great feeling to have it all paid for and now all we have to do is pack and wait!!!!!

That will be an awesome day, have a great time, and ride the slide once for me, its my 40th Bday!

We stayed at CBR for the first time two weeks ago and loved it. Hope you have a wonderful time! :dance3:

Ooh, I just noticed where you live, my sister and I want to take our kids (my son and her son and daughter) to Williamsburg next year. They are 10, 8 and 6. If you have any helpful tips, would you PM. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter