Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the advantages to checking in online 1 to 10 days before your arrival date/time?

As a previous poster stated, checking online should make the check-in at Custom House go much quicker. Plus, when you do online check-in you specify what time you should be arriving at CBR. If you are arriving before the official check-in time you increase (not a guarantee) your chances of your room being ready when you arrive.

As a previous poster stated, checking online should make the check-in at Custom House go much quicker. Plus, when you do online check-in you specify what time you should be arriving at CBR. If you are arriving before the official check-in time you increase (not a guarantee) your chances of your room being ready when you arrive.

Ditto! I stated arrival time of 9:00 am and our room was ready

Hi, I just booked a last minute trip, June 19-25. At first there were no mods available so I book ASMu, which was stayed at in 2010. But, CBR opened up and I switched. I bought tickets from Undercover Tourist, so saved half of the upgrade price.

It is me, DD5, and DD7. DH has to stay home and work, so it is my first solo trip. My plan is to hit the parks in the morning and come back after lunch for a swim. The pool is really what made me want to switch from a value. I think the girls will love the slides.

We are not doing the dining plan and we are driving so I plan on bringing all my own drinks and snacks.

I am a little worried about all the walking, but then I got to thinking that if we eat in the parks or our room then we probably won't need to walk to Port Royale often. So, it would just be to go to the main pool. We don't have to walk to the main building just to catch the bus, right? We can just get on right at our building.

Yes, there is a bus stop at each village and at Old Port Royale. Have a great trip - we will be there the same time you are! :cool1:

So, do you think if I tell the front desk that I've already printed and started scrapbooking pictures of the Jamaica section for this year's trip that they will put me there to save me from printing different photos??? :lmao: :rotfl:

I wonder if they have ever heard that one before????

What do you think of it? What were your likes and dislikes about this resturant? We get in around 12 and I booked this for a 5:30 dinner since we will be staying at the resort on check-in day to hang by the pool and rest up for our first trip to see the mouse!!

So, do you think if I tell the front desk that I've already printed and started scrapbooking pictures of the Jamaica section for this year's trip that they will put me there to save me from printing different photos??? :lmao: :rotfl:

I wonder if they have ever heard that one before????

:laughing:

It's worth a try!! :thumbsup2:rotfl:

What do you think of it? What were your likes and dislikes about this resturant? We get in around 12 and I booked this for a 5:30 dinner since we will be staying at the resort on check-in day to hang by the pool and rest up for our first trip to see the mouse!!

We have stayed at CBR 3 times and absolutely love the resort. The last time we stayed there DH and I tried Shutters. It was okay. Nothing great, not terrible. My review of it is on this page: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43268171#post43268171

Like I said, we didn't hate it. But at the same time I don't really see us going back. It's the only thing about CBR that we aren't in love with. You might like it, you never really know until you try something for yourself! Look over the menu and see if anything sounds good to you and your family. It's a nice option to have if you just want to hang at the resort all day and don't feel like hitting the food court for dinner.

Have a great trip!:goodvibes

Thank you for the link "Momof2disneyboys"...I even liked the pics but now I'm not sure of Shutters for a different reason. DH really only eats veggies, turkey and chicken (not really beef or pork any more). When I first looked over the menu the Arbua Chicken would have been right up his alley with the beans and rice....BUT he doesn't eat chicken off the bone. Only like cutlets or breasts. I saw the pic and was thinking..."ut oh....that might be a problem" since there is really nothing else he would enjoy.
So now I pose THIS question. What would be good suggestions for our first night dinner? DH and DS have never really been to Disney before so I don't want to take away from our first day at MK, which would be the next day. We are doing Chef Mickey for dinner on our "resort" day and was planning on DTD that day also. So...what would anyone suggest as good easy to get there and easy back restaurant for the first night? Thanks!!

Thank you for the link "Momof2disneyboys"...I even liked the pics but now I'm not sure of Shutters for a different reason. DH really only eats veggies, turkey and chicken (not really beef or pork any more). When I first looked over the menu the Arbua Chicken would have been right up his alley with the beans and rice....BUT he doesn't eat chicken off the bone. Only like cutlets or breasts. I saw the pic and was thinking..."ut oh....that might be a problem" since there is really nothing else he would enjoy.
So now I pose THIS question. What would be good suggestions for our first night dinner? DH and DS have never really been to Disney before so I don't want to take away from our first day at MK, which would be the next day. We are doing Chef Mickey for dinner on our "resort" day and was planning on DTD that day also. So...what would anyone suggest as good easy to get there and easy back restaurant for the first night? Thanks!!

Have you thought about just eating at the food court at CBR? There are a lot of choices there. Definitely something for everyone. Even my picky kids love that place! There is inside and outside seating.

Not sure what else to suggest....Are you not wanting to go to any parks that day? I was going to suggest the BW area - lots of good places to eat over there. But you would either have to take a bus to Epcot, enter Epcot, and then walk to the BW. Or take a bus to any other park or DTD and then get on a BWI/BC/YC bus. Not exactly easy or quick to do..... I know you have another DTD day planned, but if you wouldn't mind going there twice, you could just go there for dinner that first night. You would just have to take a bus there, so easy transportation, and it's only about 10 minutes away. Lots of great places to eat there. Our favorite is T-Rex!

Since I posted I have been reading the menus of T-Rex (we are doing rain forest as our TS at AK so wouldn't want that at DTD). I meantioned to DH about the chicken and not sure about shutters and also not sure about even wanting to go to DTD that first day. You see, this will be the first time DH and DS has flown. Not sure how the day is going to go for them...so was going to keep it low key and just relax when we get to CBR so if it's not an enjoyable flight (or flights) then we don't have any pressure to have ADR's and having to catch a bus etc. I wanted to use my TS credit at a TS place. But I guess the better question I need to research is....and I know I've read the answer someplace...can we use a TS as a QS? And how to I make sure they use that TS the first night so when we eat our last QS they don't tell us there are no more. Just something else to consider I guess.

Since I posted I have been reading the menus of T-Rex (we are doing rain forest as our TS at AK so wouldn't want that at DTD). I meantioned to DH about the chicken and not sure about shutters and also not sure about even wanting to go to DTD that first day. You see, this will be the first time DH and DS has flown. Not sure how the day is going to go for them...so was going to keep it low key and just relax when we get to CBR so if it's not an enjoyable flight (or flights) then we don't have any pressure to have ADR's and having to catch a bus etc. I wanted to use my TS credit at a TS place. But I guess the better question I need to research is....and I know I've read the answer someplace...can we use a TS as a QS? And how to I make sure they use that TS the first night so when we eat our last QS they don't tell us there are no more. Just something else to consider I guess.

We quit using the DDP a few years back. Just doesn't make sense with the kids being charged as adults now, but still wanting to eat kids meals. Plus all the keeping track of credits and all that was just a huge pain! So I can't really answer your question there about using a TS at a CS on your first night. In the past I know at least once we used a TS at a CS, but it was on our last night and the TS credits were the only thing we had left and they said we could use them since we were out of CS credits. But I'm not sure if they do that anymore. Or if they would do it on your first night when you have all those credits ahead of you....Maybe someone else will know.

As far as knowing what kind of DDP credit they used and how many, it will all be printed at the bottom of your receipt from each meal.

Have you thought about just eating at the food court at CBR? There are a lot of choices there. Definitely something for everyone. Even my picky kids love that place! There is inside and outside seating.

Not sure what else to suggest....Are you not wanting to go to any parks that day? I was going to suggest the BW area - lots of good places to eat over there. But you would either have to take a bus to Epcot, enter Epcot, and then walk to the BW. Or take a bus to any other park or DTD and then get on a BWI/BC/YC bus. Not exactly easy or quick to do..... I know you have another DTD day planned, but if you wouldn't mind going there twice, you could just go there for dinner that first night. You would just have to take a bus there, so easy transportation, and it's only about 10 minutes away. Lots of great places to eat there. Our favorite is T-Rex!

I agree with Momof2Disneyboys -- the Food Court at CBR in Old Port Royale is great - we love it. I love getting the food and then eating at one of the tables just outside Old Port Royale and feeling the breeze, watching out over the marina.... can't wait to do that in just 6 more days!! :banana:

I think I have it figured out IF I can get some pixie dust on a afternoon cancel adr for garden grill. We have it booked for dinner at Epcot but the same this is served at lunch as dinner. SO...if I book it for lunch (currently not avail) then we can do dinner at Teppan Edo (which I already know works great). Teppan Edo had the 5:30 opening (We try to eat around 5:30 most days and are trying to stick to that also while on vacation). So I booked the Teppan Edo at 5:30 and will cross my fingers that garden grill opens up for lunch. Then we can do two QS the first day we arrive and two TS while at Epcot. Now...if ONLY things will work out that way LOL. What craziness. But hey..it's Food AND Disney...life can't get better then those two combined!!

I think I have it figured out IF I can get some pixie dust on a afternoon cancel adr for garden grill. We have it booked for dinner at Epcot but the same this is served at lunch as dinner. SO...if I book it for lunch (currently not avail) then we can do dinner at Teppan Edo (which I already know works great). Teppan Edo had the 5:30 opening (We try to eat around 5:30 most days and are trying to stick to that also while on vacation). So I booked the Teppan Edo at 5:30 and will cross my fingers that garden grill opens up for lunch. Then we can do two QS the first day we arrive and two TS while at Epcot. Now...if ONLY things will work out that way LOL. What craziness. But hey..it's Food AND Disney...life can't get better then those two combined!!

Unless things have changed, Garden Grill is not open for lunch. Maybe you should look for a lunch ressie for Teppan Edo?

You are right cruise...no lunch offered at garden grill. And teppan Edo only has a 1:30 opening for lunch....I don't think we can handle that at 1:30 then GG at 5:30.....so....darn!! I guess I will go over to the restaurant thread and ask for some suggestions to TS lunches. Or just search all the parks for an 11:30 lunch and see if we are in that park that day for lunch. Bummer....guess I'm going to be cancelling that 5:30 at Teppan.

But I think the food court the first night for dinner WILL be the way to go. Thanks everyone for that one!!! :thumbsup2

Back from a week stay at CBR. LOVED it. Had great bus service, ate in the food court more than I planned (due to all the rain) and enjoyed the food. DS loved the pool. The grounds were beautiful and well kept. Housekeeping was excellent, one day she put fresh cut flowers in our room. It was quiet, never heard any noise from other guests. We would definitely stay here again.

We just got back last night. Having withdrawals already!

Another great stay at CBR. Never waited longer than 20 mins for a bus. The grounds are beautiful as usual.

Only had one extremely crowded night at the food court and I'm sure that was due to all the rain.

My son loved the big slide at the main pool. We used the main pool only two days and it wasn't too crowded.

My resort invoice was e-mailed to me yesterday morning - never got a paper copy on the door. Which is fine with me, but at first I kept looking on the door waiting for it since an in room message on the phone said the bill would be on the door by 8:00 am. If you can't access e-mail, you may want to request a paper copy.

The mini fridge worked great - froze my protein shakes!

So hoping to make it back next year! My 12 yo is on the autism spectrum and he told me last night "Disney World is my favorite home" :love: It does feel like home at the CBR! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter