Car rental

Debrn

Mouseketeer
We are starting a trip at VWL and want to do a 1 day car rental, for groceries etc. Any tips on the easiest/cheapest rental in WDW?

Ifyou are at VWL, I would call and use ALamo since they are at the CCC and will come and get you. It's a nice option. They also run $20 a day rental specials on their web site so check them out. The location code for the CCC is ORLR72 so put that in instead of MCO for the airport.

Make sure you don't go to the Crossroads for food and supplies. Very expensive. Ask at guest relations where the nearest PUBLIX is. It is very close by actually and if you PM me, I will give you directions. There are also Walmart superstores in the area.

Kris

I second the Car Care Center as your closest, simplest, and easiest option. And if you use Alamo it has a good chance of being the cheapest option, too.

As to where to get supplies, you can have a look at this Bing map I created with all the closest and most popular shopping options around WDW and Universal, including WalMarts, Publix, Walgreens, and Targets. Personally, I tend to go to the WalMart supercenter on SR535 for most of my supplies, and stop at a Walgreens here and there when I just need something quickly.
Bing Map - WDW Shopping

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter