Car insurance companies for a 24 year old?

PP is right your credit score won't be looked at for auto as it isn't allowed. He should be able to link a policy with yours to get the multi vehicle and if you have home multi line. I would quote with your company doing that but also price around because depending on the rates it still could end up cheaper elsewhere.

North CIty is a broker for AVIVA through their Traders Division.
I worked at AVIVA for over 10 years.

Great. So like I stated in my original post about this, I use North City through Aviva. I have no idea about brokers. I said I use a subgroup. Subgroup, broker, whatever.

I reiterate what I said. They have some of the best rates. Have been with them for years. When shopping around was quoted through many insurance groups, most listed here. And all came back significantly higher than what I was quoted through this group. Even my brother, with an accident to his record, was quoted much lower than what he was paying.

Again, because AVIVA holds our fleet insurance, we get discounts becuase of this. My bro does not get a discount but has a great rate as well.

Yes you get a discount because it is done through a group.
That is what Traders insures is groups

He's out living on his own in Hamilton now but I've already recommended that he talk to our broker. I'll also pass the AVIVA info along to him. Thanks again! :goodvibes

We had the same problem with my DH. Your son might have to consider driving a beater until he is at an age that lowers his rate so he only requires liability. But driving a nice vehicle, and wanting full coverage for a good price=asking for a miracle.

We had the same problem with my DH. Your son might have to consider driving a beater until he is at an age that lowers his rate so he only requires liability. But driving a nice vehicle, and wanting full coverage for a good price=asking for a miracle.

Liability only is actually the most expensive portion of the premium. Most of the premium is in the Accident Benefits. Depending on his rates having liability only may not save him a huge amount. It does depend though on the car as it may still save $500+/year but if he is saving that much on comprehensive and collision then the accident benefits portion would be a lot more. He can get liability only on any car as long as it is not financed or leased.

You just have to spend some time searching I'm afraid. When I got my first car I went to several brokers and some direct companies. Brokers gave me way cheaper prices! Yes I spent a whole day driving around to various places but it was worth it, my quotes ranged from $2100 to $4500 for the year!!!!!!! Big differences for the same insurance! That was when I was 22 and buying a 4 year old Kia with full coverage. Now at 26 I am still with the same company, have 2 cars (a 2001 and a 2010) and renters insurance for $2100 a year the same as I was paying for the one car when I started!

It takes patience but it will work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter