Car in SpaceShip Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH says it looks like a Vega/Astre notchback.

Not the Cosworth variation--they were black and gold and had special wheels and/or hubcaps.

He says that may one of the last ones left on earth because all their engines had a defect and blew up years ago!

If anything...............we need to beam it back!

:thumbsup2

Actually, I'm a Newegg diehard. It was my fault the ps blew up (after moving down here, the switch on the back was set to 220, not 110.

:sad1:

I'll try and get a really good pic of the car on Sat or Sun (depending on when I can get down there....might even be Fri. night)

VEGA! The only car to start rusting in the showroom.

My mom drove one most of my childhood; by the time she ditched it, the passenger door would fall off the rusted hinges if opened and the floor had been replaced with cookie sheets. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a precursor to the Citation then. Was there ever a Citation that didn't have rust spots in the center of the doors?

How about a Corvair without an oily grill sitting under (what many would normally think of as) the "trunk?"

You can see it in this video ...

See post #2 in this thread. :goodvibes

I find it's crazy that, out of all of the choices on YouTube, we both picked the same clip, and found the same view-point in it!

;)

I know I am five years late to this thread. But I rode spaceship Earth today and everything about that car screams Pontiac Astra. It happens my first car was a 1976 Pontiac Astre, Everything about it from the seats to the door handle to the side mirrors and the window shape, With the exception of the color, reminds me of my Pontiac Astre. It really made me sit up in the seat and look at it. In fact, I drove it to WDW every day as a cast member in the early 80s. When it was finally retired it had a 6 inch hole in the floor under the drivers feet where you can see the road to go by! LOL!

I always thought it was an AMC Gremlin or Pacer (although I only know AMC thru Wayne's World and 8 Track Flashback)

Yay! A Zombie thread!

I always thought it was an AMC Gremlin or Pacer (although I only know AMC thru Wayne's World and 8 Track Flashback)

Those cars have VERY distinctive backends.

The rear window lines definitely put it as an early GMC H-body, most likely a Vega/Astre (later model H-body coupes had a more pointed design), but the front grill is what it is making it difficult to place an exact year/model. It could be an aftermarket grill as whenever it was added, it was long after they stopped making them. :)

But the previously mentioned video and pics are no longer available :(

Yay! A Zombie thread!

Those cars have VERY distinctive backends.

The rear window lines definitely put it as an early GMC H-body, most likely a Vega/Astre (later model H-body coupes had a more pointed design), but the front grill is what it is making it difficult to place an exact year/model. It could be an aftermarket grill as whenever it was added, it was long after they stopped making them. :)

But the previously mentioned video and pics are no longer available :(

I just listened to the episode where the Pod Squad reviews the new Spaceship earth.
I believe John refers to it as a Pacer....but maybe that was just a guess.

I just listened to the episode where the Pod Squad reviews the new Spaceship earth.
I believe John refers to it as a Pacer....but maybe that was just a guess.

I know John...he'd admit when he's wrong. :)

The AMC Pacer has one of the most distinctive window designs - the rear side windows curve to wrap around to the back.
1024px-AMC_Pacer_highway.jpg

There was a wagon version with a more conventional rear end styling, but it definitely isn't that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter