Car in SpaceShip Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

BizziBee

Proud Canadian
Ok, so when we were at WDW this past week, it was the first time I'd seen the updated SpaceShip Earth. What is the 70's car that is parked? My Hubby wasn't with me at WDW and I couldn't figure out what it was...

Not a Dodge Dart. My first car was a '73 Dodge Dart Swinger :)

The car in Spaceship Earth is a Chevy Vega (or some sister GM car like the Pontiac Astre).

Not a Dodge Dart. My first car was a '73 Dodge Dart Swinger :)

The car in Spaceship Earth is a Chevy Vega.

Could even be a prop car left over from Epcot's old GM-sponsored, "World of Motion."

Oh, btw, there's a not-so-hidden Mickey head on a blank piece of paper on the wall in the garage scene. :)

Thanks for the U Tube footage. I showed DH and he is thinking Vega too.....

It definitely looks like a Vega...but the front grill doesn't quite match any if the images I was able to find...close, but most of them show wider spaces between the vanes. Possibly the Cosworth Vega?

It definitely looks like a Vega...but the front grill doesn't quite match any if the images I was able to find...close, but most of them show wider spaces between the vanes. Possibly the Cosworth Vega?

Yep, that would be my guess. <<<< Click!

Yep, that would be my guess. <<<< Click!

Yup, that's as close as I can get, although they all as far as I know say "Cosworth Twin Cam" on the side. Of course, they could have repainted it, but it wouldn't have been unusual for it to have a unique front design to help distinguish it from the "rank and file" models.

I honestly believe it's a guests car who just has AAA Diamond Club prefered parking. Just the fact that it fit's in with the themeing is purley coincidental.

I honestly believe it's a guests car who just has AAA Diamond Club prefered parking. Just the fact that it fit's in with the themeing is purley coincidental.

Talk about a spiral parking structure!

SpaceshipEarthConstruction.jpg

It doesn't match the Cosworth grille.

It does match a few prototypes that I can see pictures of in the Chevrolet design studio..

Clearly a Vega/Astre variant.

It doesn't match the Cosworth grille.

It does match a few prototypes that I can see pictures of in the Chevrolet design studio..

That's why I'm still thinking that it might be a "prop car" from the old World of Motion GM attraction.

musicnotes-25.jpg

"It's FUN to be FREE!"

musicnotes-25.jpg

That's why I'm still thinking that it might be a "prop car" from the old World of Motion GM attraction.

musicnotes-25.jpg

"It's FUN to be FREE!"

musicnotes-25.jpg

Aw man...love that song.

I need to get my other PC working (power supply blew). Has all of my Disney music on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter