Captain EO - Disney what are you going to do with this?

Still a fan. I actually even really like the "making of" film in the pre-show area though I think you can see that on YouTube now. So much nostalgia. I love the dancing. Takes me back to jazz class when I was 8 years old.

We get a nostalgic trip with Captain EO. And my son ( now 17 ) has loved Journey into your imagination since he was little and we do it every trip to this day.

That being said, we preferred Honey I shrunk the audience here and it could certainly use something new. I do prefer seeing Captain EO there instead of "hey let's preview our next movie in the theater"... I thought *THAT* was extremely lame.

If you want to talk about overhauls, how about doing something with the Wonders of Life pavillion instead of using it as an occasional event place.

All I'm going to say is I'm going in 10 days and my itinerary does NOT include futureworld. World Showcase, yes. Futureworld, we'll do it if we get the urge. I'll certainly not visit Captain EO.

Let's be honest here, it was a headliner at one point, it went away for quite some time and when the Disney suits decided that Honey I Shrunk.. got tired they brought Cap'n EO back for an encore. Having only started hitting WDW in 1999 we didn't see it the first time around, I'm glad we got a chance, once is enough.

Bill From PA

So I never understood why Captain EO became an attraction but initially thought it was going to be a filler until Disney came up with a plan. But the "attraction," if you wish to call it that, has greatly overstayed its welcome.

What is Disney going to do with this monstrosity? I know the saying that "Walt has to be rolling over in his grave" is used way too often on these boards, but I think Walt really is over this horrendous monstrosity.

I say the same thing about soarin.

We all have different likes and what not.

I for one loveeeeee M J image.jpg

As a child I loved seeing Captain EO. I remember it vividly! However, I just saw it again as an adult this past weekend and.... it is time for it to stay in nostalgia. When parents leaving the theater have to explain to their children who Michael Jackson is (I overheard 2 of these exact conversations)....it is time for a change. I think bringing back Captain EO following MJ's death in 2010 was a nice tribute, but 5 years later, it's time for something else. Something MODERN and FUTURISTIC. I love Captain EO, but it's outdated.

Unless you're someone that used to sleep with an MJ album on their nightstand (my sister actually did), the film is pretty awful. About the only redeeming quality for most people is that you get to sit in the dark and the A/C. We went to see it in 2012 and our kids snickered through most of it. Last month I tried to use it as a time filler and suggested we see it... but absolutely no one in our party was even remotely interested.

They'll probably turn it into a premium separate ticket "experience", throw in a keychain as an " exclusive gift", and charge $50 for it. People will flock to it.
Especially if they include dessert. ;)

I don't mind the attraction but they could certainly do better. Freshen up Magic Journeys and bring back the True Colors preshow and I'd be pretty happy. For a while. :)

All I'm going to say is I'm going in 10 days and my itinerary does NOT include futureworld. World Showcase, yes. Futureworld, we'll do it if we get the urge. I'll certainly not visit Captain EO.

Spaceship Earth and THE LAND are musts for me. I would probably spontaneously combust without The Land. Don't know why I love it so much - but it's a must do for me. I guess I like that fact that it's relaxing and informative I couldn't imagine EPCOT without it.

Have to say that as someone in their mid 40's, Captain EO is a huge nostalgia kick for me (and my wife as well), as we were in the sweet spot age-wise for when Thriller came out. Yes it's cheesy and dated, but so is It's a Small World, and I don't see any huge outcry to replace that ride.

EO was also my daughter's first introduction to the music of Michael Jackson (she's now almost 12), and she now loves the attraction and his music as well.

Have to say that as someone in their mid 40's, Captain EO is a huge nostalgia kick for me (and my wife as well), as we were in the sweet spot age-wise for when Thriller came out. Yes it's cheesy and dated, but so is It's a Small World, and I don't see any huge outcry to replace that ride.

EO was also my daughter's first introduction to the music of Michael Jackson (she's now almost 12), and she now loves the attraction and his music as well.
I'm the same age as you and think it is cringe-worthy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter